Bloodlines vs Torment... Cross-league events

+1
+1

Agreed... People who focus on Bloodlines and take the risk... should be rewarded for doing so.

Fact is, its not an even battlefield... But if that's the case, rewards should be decided as GD has said above. Makes the most sense
IGN: Brodka
+1

Literally no reason to finish my pvp character in bloodlines anyway
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
The merging of the leagues was a necessary step forward for the long-term viability of pvp. However, the change definitely could have come with a little more warning (I've been preparing for S2 on BLD since the start of the league), and there should continue to be some type of distinction between the leagues. I support GreenDude/Hissnail's suggestion.

I would go on to suggest that this also apply to season points and ladder ranking, in addition to the individual events.

-------------------------------
Edit:

Also, I feel that narrowing the invitational down to 8 players from the combined leagues is way too limited, especially as pvp continues (hopefully) to grow.

Instead of:

The top player in each of the four weekend Swiss tournaments.
The top two players measured by Season Points.
The top two players measured by level 28 1v1 PvP Rating.

It should be:

The top TRMT and BLD players in each of the four weekend Swiss tournaments.
The top two TRMT and BLD players measured by Season Points.
The top two TRMT and BLD players measured by level 28 1v1 PvP Rating.

This would only add one extra round to the invitational: 16 > 8 > 4 > 2 > Finals (vs lower bracket winner). I understand that they want to broadcast the matches sequentially (which is a good change), but the first round could be run in parallel (broadcasting one of the matches). Having both leagues funneled into only 8 spots feels more like an exhibition match and less of a tournament. 2nd Edit: I should note that this would be the exact same number of total participants as S1.
Last edited by MichaelMills on Feb 10, 2015, 11:39:41 AM
pvp was dead in hc but now it's a joke after this announcement and you won't be able to fix it this easily. I won't participate in this season at all, rip all the time and currencies I wasted on bloodline. rip 500 atziri runs.

I'm really sorry about the late announcement. I'll try very hard to make sure that doesn't happen again.

I'm going to talk to the team about your suggestion tomorrow! No promises, but it'll certainly be a good discussion.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
+1

Not implementing this will do more harm than good.
I believe it's safe to say on my part that there won't be a single torment LLD that will oppose this suggestion. Kudos to GD and hissnail for coming up with a favorable solution that can be implemented before the season starts.
While I would support providing awards by league, keeping them separate has always been a point of contention.

I looked forward to doing LLD last season only to find out that they were not in the leagues I was playing.

Please let them continue for at least this season to see how it ends up.
woo all the cool kids are here might as well join in being a cool guy and all.
ign: TsunaFishSandwich
<(*.*<)(>*.*)><(*.*<)(>*.*)><(*.*<)(>*.*)>
King Cone ~ You can't stop the cone!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info