Bloodlines vs Torment... Cross-league events

The top #1 for each getting a talisman is pretty nice. I think though having separate points and ladders would be a bit excessive so this is good.

For a lot of the feedback throughout the thread I had more-so the points / ladder in mind instead of the demi part. Real happy with the outcome.
Last edited by terrex on Feb 10, 2015, 10:49:36 PM
nice wall/job Greendude! the intention counts at least the 2cents demishits are going separated!

Meh I'm sure this is going to deter lots of would-be BLD participants. I don't really get why some people who were opposed to this idea in the first place are now happy with the outcome. Didn't you say it was just going to reward the top BLD players? That's what ended up happening. I was trying to champion separate season points ladders as well so that BLD players who aren't super hardcore about PvP can earn respectable points for season rewards. From their perspective, I can't see a reason for them to participate beyond the first few events (unless it actually motivates them to invest more, which sounds kinda unrealistic).

Anyway, I'll take what GGG gives...
Giving out a useless talisman means nothing to me. It's really disappointing to see how BLD players are ok with being used by GGG as a toy to hype this season. It changed nothing about HLD but nobody talks about it. It'll be purely based on who is matched up against who and will be certain loss for BLD players facing torment people.

Don't you realize if the events were separated, whole bunch of people on BLD would participate in HLD with pve builds with their friends for fun? Don't you think it would outnumber the people who will lld this seaon on BLD?

Do you expect a single casual player on BLD to have fun getting humiliated every match they do against torment players in HLD?

I guess we will never experience that kind of events ever on HC.

Not the first time you are making people abandon hardcore leagues for good. GGG forced a lot of HC veterans to switch to softcore mode with releasing sacrifice of the vaal expansion. It was quite a shame to see mors playing there the whole time, for example.

And I'm just speechless how nothing changed from season one regarding announcing major changes in time.

Important Edit for terrex. Not evey player on BLD sold demis to fund their pvp characters. I don't think you are in a position to talk about how "grinding" for currency works in new temporary hardcore league at all when you haven't even played the end game on bloodline.

Edit 2 : Greendude said somewhere he was arguing about this with Chris earlier, and he was totally aware of this probable change. My question is , is pvp just a show for alpha members and other non alpha members are just fillers. I know the truth hurts but it's a shame that the pvp scene is so empty that alpha members can't be excluded from the event.

Please be gentle while removing this post :) prefer to have "removed by support" edit rather than vaporizing the post.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Feb 11, 2015, 7:42:14 AM
"
mephisto_n wrote:

Important Edit for terrex. Not evey player on BLD sold demis to fund their pvp characters. I don't think you are in a position to talk about how "grinding" for currency works in new temporary hardcore league at all when you haven't even played the end game on bloodline.

Never sold demis to fund a pvp character. I tried to but didn't end up needing to. Funding a lld character is pretty cheap but if you are talking about hld it is an entirely different story. I know it is a lot more difficult to get the equivalent character in bld hld as opposed to torment hld.

I think you misinterpretation my post. Throughout this topic I appeared to be against having distinguishable awards. My mindset for these posts was having separate points and a ladder for them but not really just an awarded demi for first place bld pvper in events as well as torment.

"
Meh I'm sure this is going to deter lots of would-be BLD participants. I don't really get why some people who were opposed to this idea in the first place are now happy with the outcome. Didn't you say it was just going to reward the top BLD players? That's what ended up happening. I was trying to champion separate season points ladders as well so that BLD players who aren't super hardcore about PvP can earn respectable points for season rewards. From their perspective, I can't see a reason for them to participate beyond the first few events (unless it actually motivates them to invest more, which sounds kinda unrealistic).

Happy because it's a nice compromise. Expecting your own ladder and to only rank against other bld players is ridiculous if they are combined events.
Last edited by terrex on Feb 11, 2015, 8:48:19 AM
"
terrex wrote:
"

Happy because it's a nice compromise. Expecting your own ladder and to only rank against other bld players is ridiculous if they are combined events.

I don't see how awarding a Demi to the top BLD PvPer per event incentivizes any other BLD player to participate. I don't get why it's a nice compromise when the solution only benefits a select few. My whole intention was to give BLD players a reason to bother with PvP, but we've moved so far away from that now. I feel like a lot of the BLD players who posted here were only looking out for themselves when they +1'd and are now happy that they've got a better shot at a Demi. But damn, we've seriously left the rest of the potential PvP crowd in the dust.
"

I don't see how awarding a Demi to the top BLD PvPer per event incentivizes any other BLD player to participate. I don't get why it's a nice compromise when the solution only benefits a select few. My whole intention was to give BLD players a reason to bother with PvP, but we've moved so far away from that now. I feel like a lot of the BLD players who posted here were only looking out for themselves when they +1'd and are now happy that they've got a better shot at a Demi. But damn, we've seriously left the rest of the potential PvP crowd in the dust.

This is probably going to be my last contribution.

I think the people that actually care about pvp in bloodlines will do pretty good regardless, so splitting it up only ensures top positions in each event. The not so competitive players that attend these events probably aren't thinking about it too much or might not even be aware on what is going on. Whether majority see it is a good or bad thing, I think the more you split it up then the more favourable the select few will have it. That is just my opinion.
"

I don't see how awarding a Demi to the top BLD PvPer per event incentivizes any other BLD player to participate.

...and it doesn't, exactly.

"

I don't get why it's a nice compromise when the solution only benefits a select few.

In fact its not a "nice" compromise, its only "a" compromise....
I feel its to calm down the vocal top BLD pvpers... damage-control by GGG in a way?
"Sh-shh hush, guys calm down.
We will give the important, most sought-after prize to the best players of both leagues,
stop crying, please. Ow, but we don't know if we will do it in season 3."
(lol?)
And what about all the other rewards for the other players?

Btw, just a note, I'm in TMT LLD and way out of the Demi-zone,
so this discussion interests me in a relative way,
but i cannot avoid to think that bloodlines underdogs would have had a way better time
in this pvp season 2 with the two leagues separated...
both in respect to fighting and gaining reward points for the alternate art prizes that arent Demis...

Maybe this was the price to solve queue time problems/low participation, in GGG mind at least?

I dunno... but as you said:

"
we've seriously left the rest of the potential PvP crowd in the dust.
IGN Standard: GianBiagio/StormentinaReave/RNGeesusHelpMyPepperoni
IGN Hardcore: Giankova
"

I'm sorry but I tried everything. I told them I wanted all rewards to be separate, not just demigods. They wouldn't budge.

Then they said it wasn't unsure if they would do this again next season, that they can't promise it. I asked them for a guarantee but they didn't. At this point there is not much else I can do.

I feel like this is david vs goliath. At the end of the day, it is a small minority fighting a big majority. Torment players have a huge incentive to want this change. And so does GGG. At the cost of BL players.

At least we got something.
IGN: @GreenDude
z
Last edited by Lordsidro on Feb 18, 2015, 1:12:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info