Bloodlines vs Torment... Cross-league events

"
Merging the two leagues was a step in the right direction if you look at how dead PVP was towards the middle and end of the last season, but it definitely needs a rating system like this to stay fair.

That being said, I feel like the swiss events, as well as the invitationals, should still be seperated as they were last season. Matchup RNG will play a much bigger role as it stands now: BL player A and B compete, A exclusively gets matched with other BL players while B draws one TMT guy after the other and subsequently loses due to gear difference. How is that competitive?

OMG it's Johnny I miss you buddy <3
Last edited by mimivirus on Feb 10, 2015, 3:57:26 AM
"
OMG it's Johnny I miss you buddy <3

Sorry still knees deep in uni stuff, no poe for another 2 months for me :^)
"

It's really not an ideal situation at all, but keeping it how it is discourages any sort of participation from non-super-hardcore-PvP BLD players.

It's really not an ideal situation at all, but implementing these changes does nothing of any sort to encourage participation from non-super-hardcore-PvP BLD players.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
"
Merging the two leagues was a step in the right direction if you look at how dead PVP was towards the middle and end of the last season, but it definitely needs a rating system like this to stay fair.

That being said, I feel like the swiss events, as well as the invitationals, should still be seperated as they were last season. Matchup RNG will play a much bigger role as it stands now: BL player A and B compete, A exclusively gets matched with other BL players while B draws one TMT guy after the other and subsequently loses due to gear difference. How is that competitive?

Man you know as much as me swiss was atleast partially RNG based to begin with.
"
p0t wrote:
"

It's really not an ideal situation at all, but keeping it how it is discourages any sort of participation from non-super-hardcore-PvP BLD players.

It's really not an ideal situation at all, but implementing these changes does nothing of any sort to encourage participation from non-super-hardcore-PvP BLD players.

Do you have a better suggestion, then?
Couldn't agree more to what johnny said!

Anyway +1 to this solution as it's still something
"
MichaelMills wrote:
"
p0t wrote:
"

Do you have a better suggestion, then?

Keep pvp seperate as originally intended and redesign pvp around accessibility from Leo before they attempt S3 and it's too dead to revive interest.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Last edited by p0t on Feb 10, 2015, 4:16:34 AM
First would like to say thanks to greendude for all the help he has done for pvp in this game, before I disagree entirely!

Currency can already be traded between challenge leagues. It is already probably more optimal to farm currency in Torment and trade it into Bloodline for Pvp. What this change does is increase the player pool and the speed that the meta can shift and evolve. If currency trading between leagues was prohibited you would have had a point, but it is not.

On the note of the HLD, there is some merit to the challenge of getting a character to those levels in hardcore leagues. But I would want to test my character against all challenges, not a smaller pool because I do not think my character is good enough.

Pvp has had nothing hardcore about it, you can instantly make a non killable character with no time. Farming efficiency can already be traded between leagues.

League specific uniques, this is the only complication, but once again you can just make a character in appropriate league, transfer currency on the league you play of preference and go.

More seems like a quick upset reaction to the players who put in the effort to play in two leagues double their odds of winning. And really this change is all around a great one.
i made my lld in bloodlines to avoid meeting jennifer, now ima do it anyway, but overall i support crosslegue becouse of the low overall pvp base( 3 teams competing in 3v3= not enough!)
the real pvpers are waiting for hld season anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info