Bloodlines vs Torment... Cross-league events

Of course everybody would be ok with essentially doubling the amount of demis won per race, but what does this fix? The answer is nothing. Are the majority of BL pvpers still at a disadvantage? The answer is yes. Does this cater to the minority? The answer is absolutely.

Obviously most people that farmed both leagues will have more wealth in TMT (unless they're super competent) meaning even less competition for BL demis, further perpetuating the cycle of pvp reward "handouts" making the competitive aspect of it almost disappear.

Depending on the race are we going to have people dual clienting to compete in races with a character from each league and win 2 demis per event? I'd imagine somebody will try.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
"
p0t wrote:

Of course everybody would be ok with essentially doubling the amount of demis won per race, but what does this fix? The answer is nothing. Are the majority of BL pvpers still at a disadvantage? The answer is yes. Does this cater to the minority? The answer is absolutely.

Obviously most people that farmed both leagues will have more wealth in TMT (unless they're super competent) meaning even less competition for BL demis, further perpetuating the cycle of pvp reward "handouts" making the competitive aspect of it almost disappear.

Depending on the race are we going to have people dual clienting to compete in races with a character from each league and win 2 demis per event? I'd imagine somebody will try.

If we were to split each race into 7 separate races and have 1 race per class, we would have a racing representation of how PvP was in season 1.

What this fixes would be the horrible imbalance between Torment LLD and Bloodlines LLD characters.

This solution would be akin to having one Torment and one Bloodlines version of every PvP event. If you would look at season 1, that was what we already had.

The number of demis essentially remains the same as it would have been had we followed the old format. This suggestion just makes it less time consuming and more fun for everyone as it wouldn't entail separate events.
the time span it was/is a KEY factor now, GGG SHOULD ANNOUNCED THIS 1 MONTH AGO (NO EXCUSE) this just makes me think there isnt a plan or future for PvP.

I agree about merge/crossleague LLD with a proper risk/reward differentiation between leagues.

Dont let go the Crossleague LLD that easy this time!
"
A222 wrote:

What this fixes would be the horrible imbalance between Torment LLD and Bloodlines LLD characters.

How does it fix these imbalances when it makes you pick only 1 hero from 2 leagues.

Most people will pick the better geared hero because most people aren't competing for demis, they're trying to get enough points for rewards.

Crossleauge pvp announced this late is worse than legue specific pvp. Crossleague pvp with double leauge amount of demis is no better and trivializes the rewards.
+1 for the solution... but this is a huge stuff up by GGG.

We're having a hard enough time to convince guildies and friends to try out PvP as it is. Some are literally sitting on the fence and were waiting for the new season to start and see what changes would come. Now they will read this announcement, GGG's decision, the community outcry and I'm afraid they won't bother.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
+1

In regards to future challenge-league only pvp seasons, why would anyone who plays the challenge leagues only for pvp's sake ever choose to play the HC league ? Don't like this change at all.
"
dzordzo wrote:
+1

In regards to future challenge-league only pvp seasons, why would anyone who plays the challenge leagues only for pvp's sake ever choose to play the HC league ? Don't like this change at all.

Surely if you only play for the sake of PvP then you wouldn't mind whatever league would be best PvP-wise.

If you only play for PvP then you wouldn't bat an eye whether it would be in softcore or hardcore.
"
dzordzo wrote:

League specific uniques is one reason. It's too bad the interest in pvp is so low that they decided to merge the leagues, can't win here.
Last edited by p0t on Feb 10, 2015, 3:42:28 AM
I understand some of the differing views here and as much as I'd like to comment on them, I want to make something very clear.

We are not trying to make an ideal situation; we are trying to salvage a situation. I am going to accept that GGG is moving forward with cross-league PvP and there's no room or time to change it. The most immediate problem we have is how to make BLD players have any interest in participating in Season 2. I did not propose my idea because it would benefit the few serious BLD PvPers. No, the goal is to give some incentive to other BLD players to PvP. Give out more prizes and dilute their quality/rarity? I don't care. At least this way BLD players who don't spend all their time investing in PvP can have a chance at prizes, instead of having them all go to TMT players.

It's really not an ideal situation at all, but keeping it how it is discourages any sort of participation from non-super-hardcore-PvP BLD players.
Last edited by mimivirus on Feb 10, 2015, 3:56:37 AM
Merging the two leagues was a step in the right direction if you look at how dead PVP was towards the middle and end of the last season, but it definitely needs a rating system like this to stay fair.

That being said, I feel like the swiss events, as well as the invitationals, should still be seperated as they were last season. Matchup RNG will play a much bigger role as it stands now: BL player A and B compete, A exclusively gets matched with other BL players while B draws one TMT guy after the other and subsequently loses due to gear difference. How is that competitive?

Last edited by Johnny_Annihilation on Feb 10, 2015, 3:56:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info