[1.3] "Spectral Assassin" Low Life Dual Wield by wraithe_au

I do think phase acrobatics with intuitive leap is pretty powerful.
An updated tree should somewhat look like this if you were going to take advantage of it:
http://cb.poedb.tw/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0FtQ3RDkgQexEvEZYWqha_Go0i6isKLOEtVT3RRwZVhVb1WyZd8l9qY0NqjG1sfeN_xn_7joqX0Jmaotmly6Z_rGaw2LGztUi297k-vjrIFNDQ2HbbGttu53To1utj7UHy4fVv

No point in plotting out the rest as we cant min-max crit chance and accuracy yet. But this allows us to skimp out on a small amount of ES in place of massive DPS improvements while sustaining survivability later on in the tree. I'll see how it goes on release anyways.

Also we're picking up more dex here. Which is great considering I still have a dex node on my lvl85 build -_-
Last edited by FlamingMeat on May 18, 2015, 9:47:00 PM
It's confirmed somewhere that intuitive leap reaches neither infused shield or phase acro.

If there were ways to increase the radius of the jewel then it's possible but that hasn't been announced.

This build will undergo a lot of changes in 2.0:

- Overall crit chance will certainly be down. Dual strike and flicker won't have crit on quality, dagger base crit is down, and that's just the beginning.

- HoA had less AoE and less damage so I'll need some tweaking to get it right.

- Fortify will be a massive boost. It means that the Abyssus can be less inclined to kill you and can become a viable option

- the reservation changes means more nodes to pay with, allowing things like counter skills and golems to be included.

- blood rage has a physical degen now and doesn't offer attack speed on quality.

- stackable leech could be useful for this build.

This build won't die, but i suspect there maybe another minute added to clearspeed.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:
A wall of text

TL;DR No more BR, added HoA+ice bite for frenzy charges, build will suffer a bit at expansion, but will still work. Abyssus added for extra dps

Its a difficult task to update this build to 2.0, GGG are adamant to nerf LL builds as much as they can. I agree that such measures are required to create an equilibrium, but it may spell the death of several notable builds, LLST for instance.

The notes i have here apply directly to this build but can also apply to many current LL builds.

Notes:

Blood Rage
Blood Rage is the big change to this build, and will require a complete overhaul of gems, auras and items.

Blood Rage now degens phys damage to both life and ES. What this means is that LL builds will suffer from double degen at 8%.

Its unclear to me if the degen applies to life and ES at the time, requiring mitigation of both, or if they combine to eat 8% (of life+ES) to ES first, then life.

Either way, the adverse effects outweigh the benefits and will be dropped from the build.

Frenzy Charges
The loss of BR causes a significant hole in the build. Frenzy charges play a key component in the function of the build. I use flicker strike extensively to not only close in on targets, negating the need to chase mobs, but also as a way to inflict curses and to cast self-buffs. A new way of generating frenzy charges is needed.

Herald of Ice + Ice Bite seems to be the way forward, how effective this combination is, remains to be seen.

Buffs and mana reservation
HoI is an extra buff that requires mana reservation and therefore, some more thought is needed to incorporate it.

The buffs now include:

Hatred
Discipline
3L HoA prolif
2L HoI Ice Bite

This is the new method for this build:

mana reservation reduction required = 16% (Sovereignty cluster + Conqueror's Efficiency)

GGBR
HoI
Ice Bite
enlighten lvl 3
blood magic
46% life reserved

RGB
discipline
enlighten lvl 3
blood magic
53% life reserved

total life reserved = 99%

HoA
ele prolif
inc burn
Hatred

79% mana reserved

Flicker Strike
The flicker strike is now thus:

GGGB
flicker
coc
am
fortify

fortify is a definite necessity

Proposed Gem sets

shavs

dual strike
multi
mpd
wed
p2l
crit damage/hypothermia

hypothermia is a powerful gem that goes well with the chills produced by a crit from Hatred and HoI, but it my be overkill since enemies are one-shot anyway

OR

reave
multi
mpd
wed
p2l
conc effect

Reave is buffed in the beta, the range of the attack is not broken when in use with flicker so it retains max range. The tooltip displays a lower number than DS but it actually has high damage per hit, which makes for better overkill.

Also, there will leech changes that makes leeching stack, the AoE of reave and the potential of hitting multiple targets may make this the better skill for leeching.

============================================================================================

helm

GRRB abysuss
hatred
hoa
ele prolif
inc burn

The introduction of fortify will allow the use of Abyssus, and since fortify is more or less constantly activated, the extra phys damage is mitigated. The Abyssus adds upwards of 40% dps, and will hopefully fill the dps hole the loss of BR produces.

============================================================================================

gloves

GGBR
hoi
ice bite
enlighten
Blood magic

Choice of gloves is uncertain, the crit changes may mean Mali's might be needed, leech change may mean Acuity may be the choice.

boots

GGGB
flicker
coc
am
fortify

dragon

GGG
wb
fa
ice golem

ice golem for crit chance if its lacking, otherwise flame golem is good

bino

RGB
discipline
enlighten
blood magic

Energy from within

A very nice unique jewel that can only be used in this precise location.

From this one jewel, a massive 47.5% increased energy shield can be squeezed out of the Melding cluster.

This my allow cutting back on ES nodes for more dps.

EDIT: TREE
Last edited by fiqst on Jun 12, 2015, 1:08:03 AM
Thoughts on Shavless LL with Mind over Matter?
Is 7k vs 5k es worth the buffs shavs give?

Also what about skilling to 'born to fight'?
12% attack speed
72% phys damage
40 str

-43% es may be a bit too much to sacrifice though; maybe as a last, last node choice.
Last edited by FlamingMeat on Jun 14, 2015, 10:54:44 PM
"
FlamingMeat wrote:
Thoughts on Shavless LL with Mind over Matter?
Is 7k vs 5k es worth the buffs shavs give?

Also what about skilling to 'born to fight'?
12% attack speed
72% phys damage
40 str

-43% es may be a bit too much to sacrifice though; maybe as a last, last node choice.

Ive never tried Shavless LL with Mind over Matter, so i can't tell you how it plays.

Strong Arm -> Born to Fight is a good choice for 6 nodes but i dont have the points to spare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info