[1.3] "Spectral Assassin" Low Life Dual Wield by wraithe_au

ah, yeah that makes sense.

Is there anything you would change in the build to be better with flicker? or what would you do if you were to use a shield instead of a rare dagger?
Ugh effort
Updated some details.

Added a budget version
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Still working on this. Hit a rather large bump in the road in the form of over 500ex invested trying to craft a pair of boots that still aren't complete.
I started playing the build. Minor setback as I was going to use a lvl 98 shadow I have, but realised I needed to spent 160+ regrets to change it and that was more than I felt like wasting. Had a lvl 85 marauder with a free repec and decided to go with that instead. Missing dps/crit/es from those 13 nodes, but it's better than having to spend 10 exalts on regrets.

Biggest problems right now are low mana (110 left unreserved), getting a lot of non-crits (80% crit chance with charges), how often I lose said charges, as well as desync (I feel like I'm spending a lot of time doing no damage).
Really awesome build idea!
I've made a variant of the tree and am using lioneye's paw to avoid traveling so far for unwavering stance.

Item assumptions for this tree are shavs, crown of eyes, lioneye's paw, dual wielding daggers.

Items so far

Quick Statistics (screenshots coming later)
5.5k ES 93K DPS w/ 3 Frenzy, 4 Powers
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Mar 27, 2015, 8:46:30 AM
bumping out of interest.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Your set up is looking good!

Equipping a shield will allow you to transfer resists from ammy to shield, giving you more option for dps in the ammy. Also, you can get quite a bit of spell damage on shield for CoE.

In your shavs, try to get RRRGB

DS-MPD-Multi-WED-P2L

for the best performance.
If you're going to be using a shield/bino's, i would reccomend using reave with conc effect.
I tried flicker out and it just wasnt consistent enough with just bino dmg, but maybe that could be changed with some tweaks to the passive tree.

I wouldn't use double strike either. it just doesnt feel right, but thats just me.

Viper strike actually wasnt bad, it synergises quite well with bino's and you could hit some high ES regen numbers at times.
Ugh effort
Last edited by aStrayGami on Mar 24, 2015, 6:01:00 AM
With the 1 month race coming up, I thought I'd post what I've been playing with since I will be focusing on the race now.

Gear

You'll notice that I have way too much resists. It's not optimized very well. I have 1x extra lightning res and 2x extra cold res that could be dropped. I've been trying to sell the Morbid Knuckle ring so I could use a 20% ES ring, preferably with dex on it too so I can drop the 2x30 dex nodes from tree.

Changes I'd like to make:

Lose 1 res on the helmet in favour of 50 Int.
Lose 1 res on the Armageddon Finger ring in favour of Int. Weapon Elemental Damage would also be preferred over flat ES.
For the 2nd Diamond Ring to have Dex and %ES instead of 2nd Res and flat ES.
A legacy Rumi's instead of the Granite Flask

For all the gems to be lvl'd out and then ofc a good vaal to get lvl 21 or bonus quality.

As for the build. I was originally using Increased Burning Damage instead of AOE with Herald of Ash. That allowed me to use Herald of Thunder as well on mana, hence why I only had 114 mana. Mostly enough but you'd run out once in a while. I found that while it was good for solo play, for a full party, the AOE overkill damage was barely noticeable. Dropping IBD for Inc. AOE put me at around 190 mana which is much better and a burn that actually hits other mobs. I just put in Vaal Disc in place of HoT, but it could also be Vaal Haste or Vengeance or something else.

Oh, and the colors on the Shavs. I wanted RRR G BB, but I got this first and thought it'd be a crime to recolor this. I think Crit Multi gem would give more dps.

PS, while I don't use Vaal Haste, I tested it in place of another gem and when activated with flasks, put me over 1 mill. dps.
As before, you have come up with the BiS build. Absolutely awesome, thats what i've been waiting for. Thanks mate!

I too use inc AoE with HoA, i just haven't changed the OP.

Reflect management is the biggest difference between this build and Vulcan's Exemplar. Vulcan had huge hits and the reflect was dangerous, this build has smaller hits but a much faster attack speed. Reflect is non issue for me with or without flasks.

Can you please test with an Abyssus to see the absolute max damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info