[1.3] "Spectral Assassin" Low Life Dual Wield by wraithe_au

About:

A quasi-affordable low life dual wield build that uses dual strike as the main attack, but the colours on the chest are adaptable to reave or flicker. Also, there are no specific shield or dual wield nodes taken so the offhand can be easily interchanged.

At its heart, its a burn prolif build that goes for maximum single target damage which feeds the HoA overkill burn.

Defence is handled with cwdt, manual evasion from flicker strike and the combination of extreme ES regen from Bino + ZO and 19% life leech + GR.

Offensively, a Crown of Eyes is used to be completely immune to reflect, even in 6 man parties. Abyssus can swapped if you're a little more careful with reflect.

This build can be made quite cheaply with the Shavs being the main investment.

Equipment:

Optional:

Equipment Notes

Atziri Acuity isn't required as the combination of 10k+ ES/sec regen from Bino+ZO, together with 17% life leech from Blood Rage + CoE, offers instant recovery.

The Taming is an excellent ring that works well with burn prolif builds like this one. Killing one enemy in a pack sets the group on fire, instantly giving you a 10% damage boost to the next enemy you attack and setting off even higher overkill. On top of all this, shocked enemies receive 60% more damage. I don't use it simply for ES reasons.

Character Sheet:

Tree:

110 points

Videos:

Mana version:
Shrine
2 min Gorge
Shipyard with Abyssus

Blood magic version:
Shipyard

1 Million DPS project:
One Hit Wonder

Notes:

Abyssus

Ridiculous power and ridiculous fun from this helmet:

The major drawback is the massive reflect damage you deal to yourself. You can guarantee a literal one-shot death (Acuity wont save you) if you accidentally crit a physical reflect mob.

But if you're careful about picking your fights and have good flask management, or if you don't give a shit about levels, its a lot of fun to use.

One helpful ring could be useful:

Why Dual Strike?

Dual strike is the best single target skill.
The combined damage of 2 daggers, without the crutch of Melee Splash, plus the crit chance from quality, DS can be scaled to ridiculous levels.

Why Bino's?

Dual strike combines the damage of both weapons, setting off massive poison damage and subsequent regen. The ES regen is almost constantly higher per second than the amount of ES i have.

Buffs

Although low life builds are normally seen to have 6-9 auras running at the same time, i use only 3.

Hatred
Discipline
4L HoA prolif

Unlike other LL builds, i don't take any mana reserved nodes, preferring to spend the points on dps and ES.

Discipline is connected to blood magic and RM, reserving 82% life. This sets the Low Life status and is the only gem on life.

The other main buff is Blood Rage. Connected to a lvl 3 Enhance gem, attack speed is raised by 66%, and is one of the main source for clear speed and life leeching.

Flicker - CoC

I use flicker extensively as a means to close into melee distance instantly. The DS then does the work. A quick 1-2 combo of shift-flicker-DS and i will successfully curse mobs with AM and generate power charges.

FS is connected CoC - Ass Mark for cursing and powercharge generation, its also connected to Enduring Cry for generation of endurance charges.

Budget version

With the initial investment of a Shavronne's Wrappings, it is perfectly possible to follow this build using minimal currency in the rest of the gear.

The only other necessary item is the Bino's.

Acuity is not required. The build is designed around the ES regen of Bino's, and is more than enough for survivability.

5 Link Shavs plus cheap equipment, including a 243pdps/8.51% dagger:

This is the bottom end of the build, if you can afford the Shav's then you could surely invest in better equipment.

1 million DPS project

Click Here

A personal project to achieve 1 million melee dps without shrines or any group auras. The build itself uses the Blood Magic keystone for the maximum amount of auras.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 3, 2015, 1:09:26 AM
This guide is a WiP.

I'll add more details soon.
Last edited by fiqst on Feb 8, 2015, 10:33:09 PM
[reserved]
updated the build and included 2 videos:

Shrine
2 min Gorge

Major changes:

- Dropped the Blood Magic keystone, the build worked well under BM as the bino regen sustained ES and life leech sustained attacks, and it also allowed one more 60% aura , but i ran into significant problems with Atziri as she is semi poison immune, making Bino ES regen useless.
Wow, these videos are just insane :D
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
New video to show gameplay with an Abyssus equipped:

Shrine with Abyssus
Would love to see a video of this in action using a 6l flicker setup!
Ugh effort
CoE is kinda useless for this build oO
Yes, it seems so, but it does give him useful energy shield, accuracy and leech + a tiny bit of dmg. I was thinking of using this as a template and getting myself a shield and then maybe using flicker as my main skill or cyclone/double strike.
Ugh effort
i think it would work well in combination with CoE if i got myself a high es, spell dmg shield. both offensively and defensively and if that doesnt work out then double strike is still an option, maybe even cyclone.
Ugh effort

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info