Mathil's 1H Crit Ice Crash - 2.0 Viable

@mathil

dude any update on the groundslam for 2.0? honestly looking forward to it. Im pretty casual now..just wanna play ready made builds :)
Would love love love a 2.0 update ( if it's possible )

This was my favorite build and I miss it :(
lol hes too busy imo. i pmed him and he never reply
You lose a good amount of life for the 2.0 version and will have somewhere btween 3.3k and 3.8k depending on your gear. I'm using this build but since we can't use reduced mana anymore the reduced mana reserve nodes at the top left (sovereignty) and the ones below vaal pact (charisma) will have to be taken if you want to run hatred and all of the heralds. Some other adjustments gear wise may have to be made since enduring cry is not affected by CWTD and it's really easy to get one shotted by so many fucking things in Awakening. There is also the change to the increased area of effect gem where the quality adds more are damage instead of increasing the area of effect so some reach/range is lost as well for this build. It's still fairly strong and fast in terms of clear speed but boss fights are a lot harder, you really need to watch out for physical reflect, hard hitters and other bullshit that can take you down in a blink of an eye. Below is my gear setup and tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABLMLYQ-rE8wWbxa_Fy8ZihpsGo8elCE0JIskqiaVKCopTyoLKjgqTTWSNj026Ts7PAU8LT8nQT9KyE_zUUxR5lVLVdZfsGHiZOdo8mn-bIxtbG6qb55wUnDVcql2rHcHd1N7jH1bfuCApIKbg8yExIVShxOJ04tPjAuMNpJ9l3mYb5o7m2qbtZyknaqeV57Fn9-iAKZ_rEetja9ssbO0L7VItfK3Prl8wGbDOsT2xq7KSs9-2L3ZYdwj5CLkUeXP6hjsOOyw7MvtQe988B_z6vba9zL60vsJ_go=?accountName=GrandMastaPimp&characterName=DraggingKnuckles

You can use gloves with resists, life, attack speed and phys damage instead of maligaro's if you want better survivability and less concerned with maxing out crits. Take vaal pact if your life regen is really low (and it most likely will be).
Last edited by GrandMastaPimp on Jul 19, 2015, 1:44:13 AM
2.0 Update
The build, gear and passives is essentially the same except we now use Ice Crash because it's just that much better. Please watch the guide video here for the build updates in 2.0 converting to Ice Crash. The new passive tree is here: ***2.0 passive tree***

Gear used in the video found here but please don't take the gear or links used as law, experiment yourselves!
Spoiler
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Switched over to ice crash last night and wow i'm loving it - easily my most enjoyable character now. It instantly feels more effective despite the tooltip dps going down by 30/40k. I've changed my gem slots around to add blood magic while i save for a soul taker so a little dps will come back for that and a few more k when ice crash is similar level compared to what my groundslam was. Overall great build and the room for customisation is good too. I'll probably get a bit more life and then see what nodes i can gather for DPS or auras effectiveness.
Hey Mathil, do you recommend using Abyssus in HC?
Last edited by adrianx93 on Aug 11, 2015, 10:33:27 AM
Wouldn't it be better to replace the added fire damage with increased critical strike chance?
Maybe try Vaal groundslam into the build? With all that aoe it would be quite strong
Can you fix the levelling tree for the 2.0? The old one is messed up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info