Mathil's 1H Crit Ice Crash - 2.0 Viable

I have like no damage at level 82. Would love to know why, since I can't do atziri. Mathil has more than twice my dps, I have around 25k. My gear:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEsw-rE8wUIBa_GjghNCaVJy8oKilPKgsxnjXWNj064TsoOzs8BTwtQT9Bh0UKTP9P81BHUeZTNVVLYENh4mKsaPJp_myMbWxuPW-ecFJyqXasdwd3U4KbgwmFUoV9hxOJ04tPjAuMNpBVkn2XeZhvmjubapu1nKSdqp7Fn9-iAKZXrY2vbLGztC-1SLc-uXy-vMBmwzrEFcT2xq7KSs9-2L3ZYdwj4XPkIuRR5c_qGOw47LDsy-1B7w7vfPAf8kXz6vTG9zL-Cg==
Last edited by Tsort on May 31, 2015, 5:30:43 PM
Your jewelry is substandard. You need crit, crit multi, flat phys. Also try to get a soul taker or a platinum kris with crit multi. Your abyssus is a low roll (only 119 when it goes from 100-150). The extra 30% multi makes a huge difference.

Lastly you're using a 290 pdps doryani's catalyst, whereas it can go up to 320, that's pretty huge. For best results you need a sceptre like mathil's, but that's not going to happen. Those things are rare as fuck.

In short, the easiest thing you can do is get a better abyssus. To get optimal accessories you'd end up spending about 4-5ex per piece which can get really expensive.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Hey all. Been playing this build for the past 2 weeks now and feels like I have finally found the right build for myself. Currently at level 84 and am quickly approaching the part where Mathil's suggested passive tree reaches an end. Was hoping to get some ideas as to what to get with my few remaining passive points.

My gear:

Passive tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMPqxPMFCAWvx6UITQnLygqKU8qCyo4Kk01kjY9OuE7OzwFPC09Pj8nQT9KyEtXTP9N40_zUEdRTFHmUzVirGjyaf5sjG1sbqpvnnBScNVyqXZ_dqx3U3uMfVt-4IKbhMSFUonTi0-MC5BVkn2XeZhvmjubapu1naqeV57Fn9-iAKZXpn-pbqxHrY2vbLGztC-1SLXytz65fMBmwzrE9sauykrPfti92WHcI-Qi5FHlz-oY7DjssOzL7UHvDu988B_xs_JF8-r3Mv4K_o8=

Doing 47k DPS atm with no power charges, which feels like it is more than enough. Only time I die is when I desync or if I'm not paying attention. I did go with Vaal Pact as I was having some trouble with Physical Reflect, but I am open to putting those 2 points into something else if someone gives me a valid reason.

Thanks.
Last edited by Wordsmither on Jun 8, 2015, 4:59:41 PM
1.) Will this build be viable in 2.0 ?
2.) Is it possible to make a elemental version of this build?
Last edited by BALRIM on Jun 11, 2015, 2:15:47 PM
I seem to have around 9k more tooltip using bloodmagic with a second doryani's in my offhand than if I use a soul taker on my offhand and replace with an Increased Critical Strikes gem. Clear speed seems faster as well - thoughts?
That new mace will be amazing for this build

did someone try a CoE 80% Spell Dmg Kris Version?
An 80% increase in attack damage pales against the flat phys and multi from abyssus. Remember this being a phys scaling build, attack damage means phys damage, and 80% increased is negligible. Abyssus, on the other hand, will literally double your dps.

This is a buff
ammy + kris = 100 sd
72 of tree
Fast Guess

so we're talking about ~172 sd
+
156 mace dmg
48 Melee dmg
68 str bonus

272 in total, so CoE could provide 63% phys boost + 186% Ele Multi, as we've 51% of our phys dps added as ele, it should be like 0,51*2,83=1,44

so I guess we would end up with similiar dps numbers, but the BM Gem would be needed... even if it should be possible to run Groundslam on Mana, just like some Cyclone Builds, but would need some deeper analyse
Didn't look too closely at your numbers, but say you do have 172 spell damage, that is equal to 172% increase in phys, and the subsequent increase in the converted ele dps. I highly doubt it will be better than abyssus. I remember instances of putting on abyssus and watching my dps go from like 50k to 100k. Not going to happen with CoE unless you are hybrid scaling both flat ele auras and phys(eg, low life builds).

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info