1.3.1 Patch, New Microtransaction Videos, Unique Item Preview and Design Process

"
Azzer wrote:
"
Entropher wrote:
"
tristen620 wrote:

Sounds like you should quit your ISP instead of the game...

Where are you from? I don't have this issue with my Comcast service near Seattle Washington. :)

I live in Germany and my life (including ISP choice) doesn't revolve around this game

And GGG doesn't revolve their game around you either, so why would they do something about something your internet provider does?

Also, they explained the desync a lot of times, and to be fair it has gotten a lot better.

I'm not expecting anyone to revolve around me. I'm not one of those whiny kids to think that I'm entitled if I put money into this game. Actually, I gladly put more money into this game than in any other because I consider PoE top game for my taste. But the problem of desinc is not mine, it's global. I've heard from people they stopped playing PoE because of deaths caused by it because it's very frustrating if you play HC. I was trying to convince them to come back but now I kinda understand them.

I actually think that it's gotten worse in terms of desinc with introduction of new things in game (Kinetic Blast, newly added exiles in strongboxes...). I believe that GGG knows it's an issue but they consider it less of an issue than it actually is. It caused and is still causing people to quit the game. It's not getting any better. I myself think that I'll just take a break before act 4 comes out to cool off a little bit. I'm just pissed because the character that died to disconnect was my first bloodlines char and I was going for challenges, needed 3 more bloodlines to make it 7/8 leaving couple of items to identify for 8/8. I don't know how it works but I would assume it would log out safely at least after 2 seconds when you get disconnected. I don't understand why is that not the case.

TO OTHER PEOPLE WHO RESPONDED: ISP is an issue sometimes, but desinc is an issue most of the time. I didn't say it wasn't an issue for me. I don't open boxes with exiles in BL league because I get 100% of the time desinced or game freezes for several seconds. Also, I have a decent PC, can handle any other game but PoE.
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
Last edited by Entropher on Feb 2, 2015, 7:19:36 AM
Looking good! I still have my race Alt art pillar all ready to go for the next league, or if/when I decide to build around it!

Thing is though, the downside is it doesn't have life, doesn't have resists, 40% reduced light radius, hmmm prepare to miss more often than hitting, which would make RT mandatory...we'll see how this helm goes... Starting to sound like vendor trash I'm afraid.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
To be honest, this new helmet looks very unusable at the first moment. And it doesn't get better.

If i take a look at geoffri's i get a similar amount of defenses but an additional ~80% resist, even a high chaos resist roll.

If i take a look at this helmet it seemingly provides up to 15% of each attribute.

To break even between 15% and a flat value you need 333 of a stat for the same increase as 50 flat value.

333 is relatively easily achievable. So it provides a boost to the base stats that beats the one your other items provide.

Sounds good? Sadly not. AS is, there are 3 uses for stats in the current game.

strength - pillar and iron will

intelligence - %increase to energy shield.

regarding pillar: pillar needs flat damage. the helmet slot provides the best flat damage out of all slots. not a chance in the world that this item replaces either abyssus or bringer of rain

regarding iron will: a possible replacement for the boots, but overall the spell damage increase via tree is superior to iron will. a slight "maybe" here, for most builds bridle should beat it though.

regarding int and energy shield: you lose up to 500 es from your helmet slot. There is no way that this increase can compensate for a loss of so much flat es.

Geoffri's is good because it is a good starter item.
This helmet is bad because it tries to be a late game item (% scaling renders all good gear better) while only having a single very good effect (the +1 skills)
when is tomorrow? this post was made last night?
Last edited by boye on Feb 2, 2015, 8:01:33 AM
I don't think this is a Pillar helmet. I think it's best to use a shield with it so you can use the increased dexterity and make it evasion instead. I really think this is better suited for a wand build where you get point blank and iron grip.
I agree with those saying that helmet is not very good. Or we are missing something. It would be interesting to know how you were thinking when designing this item.
Trash unique again...

I have a pillar of the caged god build, Coc spells and lots of aoe, like 500 intel, 300 str, 250 dex, astramentis... and I'll never change my helmet for that stuff.

+1 gems, +30 intel + 45 str, +25 dex, that's not worth a slot! Armor and evasion are kinda low too. There are so many better option, including rare (even far from mirrored you have better stats). Maybe with mirrored gear everywhere else I could get +50 intel from there, but man that's still not huge.

As said above, I doubt it's good for strength pillar build either.

I can't imagine who else would use that, if even if with the most relevant build it's bad.

Worth part is "hm, that shit might be too strong, let's put in a 40% reduced light radius"...

Really, there is some weird assessment of uniques in the team. I would be curious to know what is the endgame criteria and how they assess unique power.

At some point I'd appreciate that they stop doing uniques with no life or no resists (ok there is conditional life here but not that much), so that every theorycraft doesn't end up with "hm, i got 3 uniques, i need T1/T2 everywhere else to get max res and decent life..."
Could we PLEASE get some new weapon classes in Act 4?

I am still eagerly waiting for spears, flails or even crossbows. :P
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
"Pair it with a upcoming super-secret supporter-designed Act Four weapon and… well, I can't tell you."

xD

Always hyped to see some evolving; means things started well, means stuff is good, community works, and effort generally pays off.
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
"
jahcinto wrote:
"Pair it with a upcoming super-secret supporter-designed Act Four weapon and… well, I can't tell you."

xD

Always hyped to see some evolving; means things started well, means stuff is good, community works, and effort generally pays off.

I sincerely hope this was about The Goddess Unleashed. I want it to be upper-tier build-defining. The kind of thing that would actually motivate me to try Melee in 1.4.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info