Remove xp penalty's from death

"

Its something different when people play not dumb like you and die.

This barely happens, that's the point. Most 'bullshit deaths' I've seen were perfectly preventable. And even if it happens every once in a while, this doesn't warrant the removal of the incentive to play and build well.

Also, from today's Q&A with Chris.

"What are your thoughts on the current state of the death penalty?

We are happy with the death penalty in its current form."
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

Its something different when people play not dumb like you and die.

This barely happens, that's the point. Most 'bullshit deaths' I've seen were perfectly preventable. And even if it happens every once in a while, this doesn't warrant the removal of the incentive to play and build well.

Also, from today's Q&A with Chris.

"What are your thoughts on the current state of the death penalty?

We are happy with the death penalty in its current form."

Which means further discussion at this point in this thread isn't worth anyone's time, lets wait until we see what act 4 does to see if it needs revisited.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Chris mentioned death mechanic in the Q&A and there are no current plans to change anything so we can pack this thread up, folks
But did the person asking the question specify "How are your views on the Death Penalty for players 90+?"

Because yes, the death penalty is working for 89% of the game, but that last 11 levels is where it gets out of wack.

Need to specify, because if a company doesn't have to, why would they call "a death penalty that is working for 89% of the game" a bad thing?

The death penalty isn't bad during the game. Just that last 11%, and 11% out of 100% doesn't seem like a big deal, but those are the ones that matter.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
"
levy42088 wrote:
But did the person asking the question specify "How are your views on the Death Penalty for players 90+?"

Because yes, the death penalty is working for 89% of the game, but that last 11 levels is where it gets out of wack.

Need to specify, because if a company doesn't have to, why would they call "a death penalty that is working for 89% of the game" a bad thing?

The death penalty isn't bad during the game. Just that last 11%, and 11% out of 100% doesn't seem like a big deal, but those are the ones that matter.

You really can't let this issue go. GGG has seen this thread, that question doesn't have to specifically state this thread or the last 10 levels. Chris said they are satisfied with the penalty, that is it no more discussion is needed at this point.

FeelsBadMan

still, before I see GGG say that they are happy with the xp penalty, even during later levels. So Please feel free to tell us on here GGG.
Standard League
Remember in first grade, when you'd promise to trade your chocolate milk for somebody's brownie, and then when they gave you their brownie, you showed them you had your fingers crossed.

Them's the feels I'm getting here.

@Scrotie:
FWIW, I am not in favor of a corpse recovery mechanic either, but I am (and have been) in favor of a revenge mechanic. Not because I feel the death penalty needs fixin', but because I think a revenge mechanic would be awesome.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Remember in first grade, when you'd promise to trade your chocolate milk for somebody's brownie, and then when they gave you their brownie, you showed them you had your fingers crossed.

Them's the feels I'm getting here.

@Scrotie:
FWIW, I am not in favor of a corpse recovery mechanic either, but I am (and have been) in favor of a revenge mechanic. Not because I feel the death penalty needs fixin', but because I think a revenge mechanic would be awesome.

Yeah revenge would help satisfy those deaths where you might feel cheated :D

FeelsBadMan

Revenge mechanic won't work in a game like this. There is so much random killing, that the chance is slim to none that when you return to the map the monster that killed you will still be there.

The group would have to be very disciplined to see what mob killed your party mate, and run away to make sure he gets the kill.
Standard League
"
levy42088 wrote:
Revenge mechanic won't work in a game like this. There is so much random killing, that the chance is slim to none that when you return to the map the monster that killed you will still be there.

The group would have to be very disciplined to see what mob killed your party mate, and run away to make sure he gets the kill.

Except in a full party you wouldn't be able to re-enter the map anyway, the point is you shouldn't die in parties (at least not more compared to solo)

Either way revenge mechanic or not GGG just said they are happy with the penalty.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info