Remove xp penalty's from death

hes a lvl 80 that sucks at video games.then come cry like baby on forum
If upgrading your computer started preventing your deaths, THEY WERE NOT CAUSED BY DESYNC! You guys use that term as a catch all. People with magical computers will still have to deal with desync.

And AlbinosaurusRex don't jump in this thread and act like you didn't read me saying how HC couldn't exist if deaths by desync were unavoidable.

This whole fucking thread is a giant circlejerk. Remove the death penalty, introduce exp potions in the MTX shop, have a support pack that gives you a lvl 99 with 1000% exp boost. Fuck it.

I've given a response to almost every single point brought up and mine are being ignored by the same people who are pretty much just bumping this thread and not adding ANYTHING of value. Make getting to 100 something all can achieve. Can't wait to hear how the game is boring and there's nothing to do because getting there is so easy. Because it's totally going to stop with lightening/removing the death penalty right? Because all these complaints don't end up with your same people complaining about the exp penalty next, which for the 50th time is your actual complaint.

Nope, just keep it going. Act like we're dumb when GGG hasn't touched it in over a year and more people are getting to 100 now than ever before, much faster than ever imagined as well. Ya, something is totally wrong here.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Last edited by Moosifer on Feb 21, 2015, 10:20:15 PM
I play 5 mins a day why don't I have shav/mjolner/100 ex/lvl100?????
"
stipen wrote:
I play 5 mins a day why don't I have shav/mjolner/100 ex/lvl100?????

Don't have 100ex though.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Spoiler

miss the point much?
Why isn't this thread dead yet?

(See, I can repeat myself too ^-^)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:

(See, I can repeat myself too ^-^)

Until GGG comes in this thread and states they have read the comments and what their plan was going forward no one will let this thread die. (although maybe if it desynced it could die)
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Feb 22, 2015, 12:03:39 AM
"
ITT: People who apparently don't experience desync trying to tell people who do that it's not a problem.

Fail / 10.
While it's nice to see the thread as prob one of the biggest in feedback, i'll agree it's been hijacked from it's intent a tad too much.

To the trolls or the "elites" that basically say "get gud noob, you die cuz you/your build is teh suckorz" grow up. Seriously.

I'll condense 50 pages into the basic point and idea's to solve this, again.

Desync exists, do not deny it or try to minimize the negative effect it has on gameplay.

Because the above exists, it can (and quite often will, especially if a part of your skillset is dependent on one of GGG's -own- fast move/attack skills) kill you. Dying because of something entirely out of your (the players) control is unacceptable and quite frankly a black spot on the game and the company that makes it.

The penalty for death isnt that bad until you hit level 80+ (allot of people argue it really dosnt get bad until 85-90+, but i dont have the hours and hours each day to endlessly grind. So i would imagine for the more casual gamer, they really start to see xp become precious around level 80). After that, each death really sets you back/frustrates you, especially when it's a desync death. Obviously the higher in level you manage to get past that, the more painful and irritating death will become.

Because dying to desync isnt something the players have -any- control over, i suggested they turn off the xp penalty altogether until (or if ever) they manage to fix it. If that's an option they refuse to choose, then there have been several alternatives presented:

1. Give us the choice to pay the death fee as xp (as it stands now) or in alt/trans orbs (this would enable the more casual gamer to get more from the game, give another sink for said currencies, and give the current map system more longevity)

2. Instead of outright loosing 10% of gained xp, a death puts you on a 1-hour timer where further xp gain is reduced by 50%. Dying again before the hour is up simply resets the timer. Ideally this timer would still be in effect even if that particular character is logged out, giving the player the motivation they might need to start making another character-build, or taking a break from the game and get stuff done offline, ect.

3. Vastly improve the map system. This means a much wider variety of higher-level maps (levels 75-85 for starters) and a significant (say..oh at least 25%) increase in map drops across the board. So not only would players have a greater amount of those higher-level maps drop on their own, they'd have greater amounts of lower-level maps dropping, which they could turn into the higher level maps.

4. Move player and monster positioning-trust from the server to the client (though i'm not sure they could do this "partial" trust move w/o leaving the rest of the game vulnerable to the hacking and exploitation that made them have everything server side to begin with)
-Zombie#1- "That guy has passed right over us 3 times now..shouldnt we be popping out to attack?"
-Zombie#2- "No way, you saw what he did to our friends. Lets just stay down here where its safe.
Besides, you heard how angry he is..keeps shouting something about needing the last 2 to clear.."

Last edited by Wolfarus on Feb 22, 2015, 3:33:25 AM
Yep, Wolf. That's basically the "tl;dr" of this whole thread. The opposition are basically either trolls or masochists, and either way don't represent the health of the game. Watch them try to argue against this too... pathetic and hilarious in one tidy bundle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info