Remove xp penalty's from death

"
Antnee wrote:
Why not argue that because desync, no more hardcore league? Or, no more accuracy? Hell, no more death at all!

Because your examples of what to argue about are stupid?
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Desync is kind of like other people driving drunk. It adds threats which shouldn't be there. However, deaths are still avoidable. You just have to make defensive choices which limit your vulnerability.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Desync is kind of like other people driving drunk. It adds threats which shouldn't be there. However, deaths are still avoidable. You just have to make defensive choices which limit your vulnerability.

In other words "Dont want to get hit by that drunk driver you have no control of, then dont drive". Right?
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

In other words "Dont want to get hit by that drunk driver you have no control of, then dont drive". Right?

No in otherwords pay fucking attention to what is on your screen, react properly. While you can't control the game you control yourself.

I don't know why he brought up drunk driving it isn't that good of a comparison, still the penalty is harsh for a reason. That reason mainly being deaths should be penalized.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I have no idea why this topic is still alive, but the drunk driving comparison is a good one--you get to pay the price for something completely out of your control. As Scrotie said, you can take measures to mitigate your own risk (and in this case, frequency of desync deaths), but you can't avoid it entirely every time. However, due to how desync works, this statement is objectively false:

"
While you can't control the game you control yourself.

The very issue of desync stems from apparent loss of control over your characters and what happens to them. One of the most infamous examples is the strongbox death. You pop it, pop a quartz flask of thawing, and run from the box--yet somehow get teleported back into the middle of the pack of monsters, and get killed.

You can't control your character until the game resyncs again. That's literally what it means to desync.
I believe every automobile accident is preventable. I always consider both parties at fault, although not always to an equal degree.

GGG may be more responsible for your desync deaths than you are. (Indeed they are.) But you are still responsible for your desync deaths.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
meh i dont like the drunk driver analogy it tastes like buhuhu i cant do anything against desyc which is not true you can choose not to use movementskills not to cut corners no to clcikspam attacks all those things hc player adapted long time ago

the drunk driver doesnt really fit you can do alot to avoid and minimize desyc its just easier to blame something "out of your control" when you fail
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I believe every automobile accident is preventable. I always consider both parties at fault, although not always to an equal degree.

GGG may be more responsible for your desync deaths than you are. (Indeed they are.) But you are still responsible for your desync deaths.

Wow. I suppose you also believe its a woman's fault for getting raped too? Or the victim of a bully for being bullied? Wtf dude what you wrote is just seems really messed up. I've got 25 years driving experience and drove trucks for ups...I've gotten plenty of training and I've seen in plenty of accidents that the victim could never have prepared for. Unless we should all stay inside and live our lives in fear
Just read this whole thread. I'm with the op and Vlad and those guys.
I would say 99% of all my deaths have been due to desync and latency.
I got a new gaming laptop in October and it made a huge difference in me.not dying. Fps much better now.
I could live with the xp loss if it was my fault..it sucks so bad to lose hours and currency due to shit that's outta my control. Don't tell me to play around it, I can't tell that its happening a lot of times until it's too late.
I like the idea of just losing the xp from the current zone.
This game lets u play for days on end with no issues, you think your build is solid then you get bad ping or desync and you die. You get teased into thinking your build is OK.
I've got a level 94,91, several mid high 80s. I've given GGG hundreds of dollars and yeah this desync thing pisses me off. I still love the game just add my voice to those asking for a revamp to the xp loss thing in light of the desync issue
Last edited by Xaxarius on Feb 21, 2015, 5:03:34 PM
"
Xaxarius wrote:
Just read this whole thread. I'm with the op and Vlad and those guys.
I would say 99% of all my deaths have been due to desync and latency.
I got a new gaming laptop in October and it made a huge difference in me.not dying. Fps much better now.
I could live with the xp loss if it was my fault..it sucks so bad to lose hours and currency due to shit that's outta my control. Don't tell me to play around it, I can't tell that its happening a lot of times until it's too late.
I like the idea of just losing the xp from the current zone.
This game lets u play for days on end with no issues, you think your build is solid then you get bad ping or desync and you die. You get teased into thinking your build is OK.
I've got a level 94,91, several mid high 80s. I've given GGG hundreds of dollars and yeah this desync thing pisses me off. I still love the game just add my voice to those asking for a revamp to the xp loss thing in light of the desync issue

Yeah ima call bullshit on reading the whole thread.

Also going to call bullshit on 99% of your deaths being unavoidable desync deaths.

Thanks, but try again. Stop being a baby.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info