Tips for farming / Magic Finding

If you play lvl 75+ maps, picking up jewelry and alching it is profitable over time. The trash goes into 1 x regal recipes. The good goes into your shop. Considering that 1 regal = 2 chaos = 4 alchs. You get back what you put in.
"
VixTrader wrote:
Dom runs have NOTHING to offer. Less currency, no experience, and shoot yourself in the f'ing head boredom. Awesome !

Now you're just trolling. You will find at least twice the uniques farming dominus. If for some crazy reason you want to actually farm a top tier unique for yourself, Dominus is the way to go.

It's also easier to get a MF build together for Dominus than maps.

And I suspect that if you had a coordinated party for farming, Dominus would quickly become exponentially more profitable than maps, since the # of runs per hour either stays the same or increases, but you will find more rares & uniques and actually be able to sell them all for extra alts. With maps, farming in a party becomes detrimental because you use up your portals so quickly.

"
When you post that 3 hour video of you mapping, VixTrader

I'm also waiting on that video. Otherwise I think I may just edit my results to show that I got 10 mirrors to drop running Dominus. I'm close to calling BS.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 2, 2015, 10:02:12 AM
"
tackle70 wrote:

You do not need a dedicated MF build for this to work. In fact, that would probably not work. What you need is an OP build with godly clear speed. A Ferrari!

IIR and IIQ is icing on the cake which makes what is already good - better.
Last edited by Mr_Mustasch on Feb 2, 2015, 3:58:07 PM
"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

You do not need a dedicated MF build for this to work. In fact, that would probably not work. What you need is an OP build with godly clear speed. A Ferrari!

uhhhhhhhhhhh huh and I just found shavs 4 times in a row from Dominus!!!

In other words: prove it, because I don't believe you at all. I have had plenty of experience facerolling 77-78 maps at zero MF and you definitely don't even get close to 300 alts in 3 hours if you don't have any magic find.
"
tackle70 wrote:

uhhhhhhhhhhh huh and I just found shavs 4 times in a row from Dominus!!!

In other words: prove it, because I don't believe you at all. I have had plenty of experience facerolling 77-78 maps at zero MF and you definitely don't even get close to 300 alts in 3 hours if you don't have any magic find.

You do realise that 300 Alts = 150 Jews = 32,5 fusings = 0,8 EX. This is only 0,267 EX / Hour. What is the other 0,733 Ex /hour value coming from? Assume you find a 6-sockets in every map you run, and you run 15 maps per hour. That is 15x7 = 105 Jews = 26 Fusings = 0,65 EX / Hour. Since currency drops are much more plentiful when you run maps contra dominus, they are the main source of your income. Alts are not. Clear speed is the most important factor to achieve this, followed by IIQ. IIR is good if you want more alts, but as already explained alts do not constitute the bulk of your income.

Now, with 0 IIQ you won't find a 6-socket every map. This is why I said clear speed makes it good and IIQ/IIR makes it better (mostly IIQ). With 70-100 IIQ you'll find a 6 socket in almost every map. Sometimes you find multiple :)

Clear speed is king because:
4 min clear speed = 6 min clear speed with 50 IIQ
Obviously this is better:
4 min clear speed with 100 IIQ.
And this is even better:¨
4 min clear speed with 100 IIQ and 100 IIR
This is not good however:
8 min clear speed with 200 IIR.

This map-farming only works solo. In parties it gets destroyed by: sub-par clear speed, other members having no IIQ on gear, and divided loot (250% inc quantity for currency drops but it is shared between 6 players resulting in 40% decreased IIQ).

For what it is worth, I gathered the same amount of alts as you did from your 1 hour dominus farm post (page 5) doing lvl 70-74 maps for 40 min, with 0 MF. 4 min on average per map (clear + sell). I have to give a lot of credit to the tormented spirits for the alts.

Last edited by Mr_Mustasch on Feb 2, 2015, 6:36:27 PM
I guess I am a lucky mofo, I play a month and dropped Shavronnes Wrappings 2-3 days ago.
Sold it for 36ex today and became a rich noob.

Dropped it on Zana's map lvl 70 maze from the boss.

In my opinion, running maps is much better than running Dominus.

1. More high level rare monsters killed, especially if you roll good mods with Alchemy orbs.
2. Much more fun than repetitive Dominus runs.

And don't forget some items can only drop in maps.
"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:
You do realise that 300 Alts = 150 Jews = 32,5 fusings = 0,8 EX.

The whole comparison in this thread was based on a "300 alt challenge".......
Seems like an interesting challange, respecced my shadow to mathils ripper build (in scion forum) with the intent to do mf. After reading a lot of ppl saying rush through and kill boss, tried that and was underwhelmed. Have to get up quite a few levels and think about my gear but would be interested in the numbers at say l85 may give it a try, have a dom farming dual client i can compare to (even though i know the experts would use 6:)
Op, thank you for posting one, very interesting points. I prefer maps, but Dominus runs helped me gather some currency. Dom runs I got bino, and judgement.

It depends on the individual.

Andy
"
VixTrader wrote:

7) Maps - I run a lot of corrupted 75's and 76's, selling all the 77's and 78's I find. It's very profitable, and with high item quantity you can keep a constant supply going.

fastest way to collect more 77/78 is to run 77/78's ;)

dont be affraid to run em... you know how rng goes up and down,
you have droughts, and surges? Its scary as hell to run 2 77/78s
and get nothing proper to replace em. but over the long term
rolling 80+Q you will replace every 78 run with more than a 78
in return. (try and run quant as high as possible obviously)

I'm stacking them up nicely fullclearing ~100quant maps.
roll a tolerable map before vaaling. dont vaal an impossible
map, ie: bloodmagic or reflect, result will often keep that mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info