Why did you or your friend quit playing POE?

I took a long break after dying too many stupid deaths, after refusing to play the economy and failing to find stuff, after seeing an endless grind for a small enhancement.

I came back in a fit of nostalgia, after forgetting why I left in the first place.
Played for maybe a month, getting burned out again. The masters are a nice addition, but really, you have to go full Korean Grind Master to really take advantage of them. No matter what you try to do, you always hit a grind wall, an there's no way to use one character to overcome the grind for another one.
The whole character diversity thing seems like an illusion, as every character will cost you at least 1 ex to gear (with master crafting), which means you'll only be able to level a handful of characters without nolifing. Each of those, if it can't produce income efficiently enough, is a failure.
And screw the leagues. Seriously. Why the hell should I start the grind over, level those stupid masters again, just to be able to hunt some ghosts who forgot to include their brains when they took what they needed upon leaving their bodies behind?
To recapitulate and add more points:
-Levelling is a chore (Slow progression, then none at all)
-Grind wall hits too soon
-Trading without Auction House (FUCK THE SOCIAL ASPECT!)
-Dull endgame
-Boring gameplay, but stressful at the same time
-Desync (mandatory)

Seriously. I think I rather choose different colors of rainbow explosions in D3, have fun for a month and then be able to walk away from the game without feeling robbed than invest ridiculous amounts of energy in this hamster wheel to not reach anything.
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
I quit today. it's not Rage quit, just bored.
i have CoC Discharger (GG gear Atziri farmer), Facebreaker (GG gear + my Uber farmer),
RF Marauder (My first character 11k life), Shatter chuck (Killed Atziri but Failed Uber)
Deleted Tornado shot ranger (failed), Deleted Arcer (Failed), etc....
nothing to do now... Master daylies for hope of Mjol and Shav in their inventory etc... but it's not that big thing for me... Game was good... and RNG was good as well...
My best RNG was 4x Unique drop in one Atziri run (Shavronne, Sadima touch, Dusktoe, Phys belt + Mortal rage).... and second Shavronne after 3 days... 2x Shavronne in one week.. not bad right?
and i gave 55ex for my Brother to start PoE... He did it. of course it was easy as hell for him. come on he started this game with 55ex... and now we both bored... wasting whole days in trade chat, and Sarn (Public trade party)... now looking for better game like Wither 3 etc... we need more Actions, Effects, Cinematics, Adventures... not click to win game... you know what i mean?
Parry and dodge manualy and then Strike back etc... (like Ryse Son of Rome, Witcher, Skyrim etc)
i'm posting this for GGG guys... because maybe some of these ideas help them to improve this game further... and i say it again Game was Awsome... very nice game... so GL guys... peace
"
Nechlotack wrote:
I quit today. it's not Rage quit, just bored.
i have CoC Discharger (GG gear Atziri farmer), Facebreaker (GG gear + my Uber farmer),
RF Marauder (My first character 11k life), Shatter chuck (Killed Atziri but Failed Uber)
Deleted Tornado shot ranger (failed), Deleted Arcer (Failed), etc....
nothing to do now... Master daylies for hope of Mjol and Shav in their inventory etc... but it's not that big thing for me... Game was good... and RNG was good as well...
My best RNG was 4x Unique drop in one Atziri run (Shavronne, Sadima touch, Dusktoe, Phys belt + Mortal rage).... and second Shavronne after 3 days... 2x Shavronne in one week.. not bad right?
and i gave 55ex for my Brother to start PoE... He did it. of course it was easy as hell for him. come on he started this game with 55ex... and now we both bored... wasting whole days in trade chat, and Sarn (Public trade party)... now looking for better game like Wither 3 etc... we need more Actions, Effects, Cinematics, Adventures... not click to win game... you know what i mean?
Parry and dodge manualy and then Strike back etc... (like Ryse Son of Rome, Witcher, Skyrim etc)
i'm posting this for GGG guys... because maybe some of these ideas help them to improve this game further... and i say it again Game was Awsome... very nice game... so GL guys... peace

How can you quit when you just leveled your Necromancer abilities?
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
The things that made my friends quit, are those "small" things that exists JUST to make the game seem longer:

- XP progress is gated behind RNG
- Drops are horrible after a certain level. Progress/upgrades stops (around level 70-75)
- Balance around trading

All these elements exists just to make the game longer, take more time to reach high level. As if GGG doesn't believe in the replayability of their own game.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
My laptop is starting to show its age, I should really probably crack it open and clean it out, im sure that would help but I feel I dont trust myself to not somehow break it and really cant replace it right now so thats a no go.

So Im trying to not burn up my computer so sadly im not playing path right now.
i tried to get a few of my friends from diablo3 to play poe but they didn't like it.

no other reason than the game just isn't fun for them.

other friends of mine just don't have the time and when they do its wasted by dying and losing exp so they just log off and play another game.

even i dont want to play poe when i die and lose %10exp at level 94 to minara exile >:(
its such a kick in the nuts to lose all the time,orbs,maps,exp you have put into mapping.
so, some of my friends quit because

- 1 FPS during Dominus fight

- punished for playing solo ( a party gets to share all the gear they loot, can end up being eight times more )

- trading involves talking to people, but mostly dicks ( wanna buy a clarity aura? cough up one chaos ! )

My own reason for not playing right now is related to the increased/more function being applied inconsistently, preventing me to asses at a glance what something will do. Like Projectile Weakness which "increases" damage by 20%, increases what ? If I have 1000% increased damage from gear, attack bonuses and such, would Projectile Weakness increase my damage by an effective 2% ? Same for skills like Reckoning that don't have proper tags in their descriptions ( in this case shield ) or the fact that you have to use out of game tools to find out basic things about the game like vendor recipes or summon stats etc.

tl.dr. I hate the lack of polish
Arbitrary placeholder decisions should never be embraced as final.
Most of the ppl I knew refused to play from the start because of desync.

The ones who did play and now refuses to play, does so because of the impossibilty of ever getting top end gear. Either because the shit you want is legacy or just costs 100s of exalts. I guess is the path of trading really.

Left is like 2 ppl on my friendlist from time to time and that is making me stop playing.
Last edited by Zhatan on Jun 27, 2015, 6:49:56 AM
"
Homerosz23 wrote:
hi every1, i started to play in 2013 january and stoped after a mounth or so, then started again in oktober or so and i enjoyed the game alot, till the day came to sell items. I am verry disapointed also that no1 want to buy items in this game, every1 want to get chaos and exalts only, no item:item trade, wich i dont know why happens, when there are lot of new players also. my idea is that i like that there is no AH, cuz i remember back in my days in other mmo's in 2000-2006 where no AH exist in games, ppl were trading items and making ressels , bussines. Here u can\t do that, wich dissapoint me. But still not enought reson to quit, i still enjoy it in the way it is.
P.s : sorry for my begginer english knowledge :), greeting from Romania

Something I have noticed as well. GGG should truly promote item-item trading.

This game turned into the chaos-exalt system rather quickly, intentionally or not. Perhaps because for most players it is a system that feels very natural to them.

Since there are classes of orbs in this game which are really scarce, they tend to be a natural selection of choice. Additionally they don't take up a lot of stash space AND their rarity is maintained because they can be consumed as well. When the majority of players only accept these orbs as payment, the economy logically comes to a stand still. Something which happens in PoE: only a very small percentage of all items listed in trade forum ever gets sold and the majority just rots in most people's stash. Which can work very FRUSTRATING for those players who want to get their hands on more expensive items. Maybe better recipes should be implemented, to remedy this.

On the other hand in a system where virtual gold is plentiful, that said gold becomes worthless. Items inflate like there is no tomorrow but the positive side effect is: it also promotes item for item trading.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:
Something I have noticed as well. GGG should truly promote item-item trading.

This game turned into the chaos-exalt system rather quickly, intentionally or not. Perhaps because for most players it is a system that feels very natural to them.

Since there are classes of orbs in this game which are really scarce, they tend to be a natural selection of choice. Additionally they don't take up a lot of stash space AND their rarity is maintained because they can be consumed as well. When the majority of players only accept these orbs as payment, the economy logically comes to a stand still. Something which happens in PoE: only a very small percentage of all items listed in trade forum ever gets sold and the majority just rots in most people's stash. Which can work very FRUSTRATING for those players who want to get their hands on more expensive items. Maybe better recipes should be implemented, to remedy this.

On the other hand in a system where virtual gold is plentiful, that said gold becomes worthless. Items inflate like there is no tomorrow but the positive side effect is: it also promotes item for item trading.

Such a convoluted "solution" to a very simple problem.

When, if instead we had a basic, primitive, archaic, mundane .... market, most of the trading issues in poe would instantly go away.

Just replicate the feeling of someone selling in POE /trade with a farmer trying to sell his carrots and potatoes and chicken wings on reddit. It does not work, especially if the potential buyers don't use reddit. Now, add trade channels as another variable, then add buyer offline as another variable and you quickly realize why trading in a trade chat leads to assburgers.
Arbitrary placeholder decisions should never be embraced as final.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info