Why did you or your friend quit playing POE?

"
MegaDeth666 wrote:

Such a convoluted "solution" to a very simple problem.

When, if instead we had a basic, primitive, archaic, mundane .... market, most of the trading issues in poe would instantly go away.

Just replicate the feeling of someone selling in POE /trade with a farmer trying to sell his carrots and potatoes and chicken wings on reddit. It does not work, especially if the potential buyers don't use reddit. Now, add trade channels as another variable, then add buyer offline as another variable and you quickly realize why trading in a trade chat leads to assburgers.

Actually I didn't really offer a "solution"; I merely gave my viewpoint as extension of someone else perceptions with this game. First of all, does GGG see the current meta as a problem? If so, it is their task to set things straight.

What you propose will not help the situation much either. At least not for a player as Homerosz23.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
My friends are retards. They want to play Angry birds and Heartsone.
when people use the words grindy , bored, no drops and cruel in the same post I want to cry. I Use like 15 hours playtime to get to maps. Im neither a expert or a "hardcore" player , but i only play hardcore leagues because I personaly enjoy it the most. If they want to have insane gear and high levels 80+ Right away, this game is clearly not for these people. Pardon my French
"
fsaebo wrote:
when people use the words grindy , bored, no drops and cruel in the same post I want to cry. I Use like 15 hours playtime to get to maps. Im neither a expert or a "hardcore" player , but i only play hardcore leagues because I personaly enjoy it the most. If they want to have insane gear and high levels 80+ Right away, this game is clearly not for these people. Pardon my French

This is the reason why they dont play and what we are talking about is how to make the game more fun for everyone.

Also, funny too see a grandmaster title and you stating that you are not an expert/hardcore player. :)
"
Zhatan wrote:
"
fsaebo wrote:

This is the reason why they dont play and what we are talking about is how to make the game more fun for everyone.

Also, funny too see a grandmaster title and you stating that you are not an expert/hardcore player. :)

If you look at Heges grandmaster clear you will see my Saebo_BOMBER get wrecked and not putting up much of a challenge :D
"
fsaebo wrote:

When people use the words "want to have insane gear and high levels right away", I start crying, cut my arm a bit and punch the wall until my fingers get blue and red. If your main problem was the "cruel" part, I can understand it. Everybody should know why very good gear can't drop in cruel.

But when people talks about good gear never dropping, they're not demanding it after a certain amount of time, and certainly not "right away". I, for instance, have been grinding high level maps for 3 years, countless builds, MF builds and so on, and never found a single weapon, chest or shield I consider as "very good". You CAN relate to how this may seem a bit over the edge to some players? Or?

And to those "you do not need very good items to clear the game": Who the hell plays aRPG's without working against upgrades?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
PoE is like at a kid's playground, where all the kids want to play by rules they all can play by. But PoE wants to play with restricted rules that not everyone wants to play by. Result is, PoE often plays by itself.

Bunch of kids: the tree is home base!

PoE: no, you have to climb the jungle gym, swim across the river, walk across that beam without falling off, run around the playground 5x, then you can touch the tree for home base.

Bunch of kids: screw that!

PoE: Casuals!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Druga1757 wrote:
PoE is like at a kid's playground, where all the kids want to play by rules they all can play by. But PoE wants to play with restricted rules that not everyone wants to play by. Result is, PoE often plays by itself.

PoE: no, you have to climb the jungle gym, swim across the river, walk across that beam without falling off, run around the playground 5x, then you can touch the tree for home base.

It's more like:

PoE: no, you have to cross the wasteland of blandness, then onward through to the wasteland of blandness, until you arrive at the wasteland of blandness, then BOOM! lightning bolt! you're dead lol!, then wasteland of blandness all over again, lest you dare venture through the wasteland of blandness ...

Kids: Um ...

PoE: Go back to D3!
"
Druga1757 wrote:
PoE is like at a kid's playground...

Yeah, PoE forces you to interact with kids. A lot of us can't stand kid-like behavior from grown men.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Jojas wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:

It's more like:

PoE: no, you have to cross the wasteland of blandness, then onward through to the wasteland of blandness, until you arrive at the wasteland of blandness, then BOOM! lightning bolt! you're dead lol!, then wasteland of blandness all over again, lest you dare venture through the wasteland of blandness ...

Kids: Um ...

PoE: Go back to D3!

Its actually more like

Kidz: Kill, get items, progress.

Poe: Kill, get random useless crap, sell to merchant for currency, play the real game "trading tycoon" to even have a chance to get into high lvl maps.

Kidz: ?? -> quit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info