Why did you or your friend quit playing POE?

Had so many friends quit, it's incredible. Here's a random few:

1) Quit because he literally couldn't move for a minute after loading a map on a beast computer.
2) Nothing left to do after no-lifing it.
3) Didn't like trading
4) Comp was 4 years old, game ran like shit.(very popular reason btw)
5) desync (this reason dwarfs the other in amount of people that have quit)
6) Since every class could be anything, there isn't really an identity to attach yourself to. So I'm guessing a lack of immersion?
7) Game felt like a job.
8) Everybody he knew was RMT'ing, he didn't want to rmt to keep up.
9) Quit after most streamers abandoned POE.

I could go on, but yeah. Seen a massive amount of people quit already. In D2, people would take breaks and return after a month or two, but have never seen these people back.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
1. Some went to garena
2. Their builds got nerfed
3. Got boring.

Mainly #3

I assume that most people want to play something that's OP, that's what makes a game fun. But with all these nerfs, I guess GGG doesn't like chars to be OP.
Standard IGN: LaHhRip
"
LaHh wrote:
1. Some went to garena
3. Got boring.

Mainly #3

I assume that most people want to play something that's OP, that's what makes a game fun. But with all these nerfs, I guess GGG doesn't like chars to be OP.

Lol, not sure if serious. Youre not supposed to be OP. You are supposed to play the game when its at its most balanced so its the most fun. How is being OP and 1 shotting and facerolling everything fun?

To the OP: If you spend more time trading than actually killing mobs, then youre doing it wrong and its no wonder people quit. Besides, play a different game every now and then, i wonder how many people here actually do that. it seems that people play any game for like 10 years or so and then say theyre burned out. No shit people get burned out with playing 1 game for so long. That cant be healthy nor fun. I play around 10 games or so in a single year.
"
"
LaHh wrote:
1. Some went to garena
3. Got boring.

Mainly #3

Lol, not sure if serious. Youre not supposed to be OP. You are supposed to play the game when its at its most balanced so its the most fun. How is being OP and 1 shotting and facerolling everything fun?

lol Dirk, You make it sound like the game rewards us for clearing slower and hitting a mob more than 3 times.
After 4k hours in a game you have seen every map, every layout so there's nothing new left to see scenery/mob wise. The only way I enjoy this game is to have the quickest clearspeed I can afford = fastest return on items/currency from maps but as the op says, Not many builds remain that can breeze through content safely at a good price because they have all been nerfed.

on topic. - at least 4 people on my friends list have stopped playing since the snapshot nerf to minions and general nerfs all around to minions/summoners.
everyone I speak with ingame hates the current trading system. Bring xyz ingame and allow us to buy while people are offline. It's annoying logging off after 14hours gaming to log back in to 2 messages wanting to buy something while you was sleeping.
i did quit poe already like 5 times, everytime because of the same reason, because since 3 years GGG wasnt able to fix particles and give players the ability to disable those making party play near to impossible for me.
Last edited by Esto on Jan 28, 2015, 7:07:14 AM
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Had so many friends quit, it's incredible. Here's a random few:

8) Everybody he knew was RMT'ing, he didn't want to rmt to keep up.

Pssst! Don't name and shame yourself.
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
"
Manocean wrote:
If you spend three hours trading every day (and don't like trading/flip items) that may be a personal problem.
The reasons I quit:

#1 - My builds got completely gutted with nerfs.
#2 - Don't like starting the game over for challenge leagues.
#3 - Not a fan of the broken standard league economy.

What would make me come back?

#1 - Permanent Self found league
#2 - GGG getting to a point where "Balancing changes" are kept to a minimum.
#3 - Them including another end game dynamic that doesn't involve mapping. Mapping shouldn't be the only end game IMO.

I'd consider coming back if at least one of the above happens.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 28, 2015, 8:51:14 AM
Me and one friend started in Closed beta and we have played every challenge league since.

Once everything hits standard we stop, but regear our characters to anything new we have found -not traders- i mean theres one thing gearing challenge league characters but iv allready found a T1 regen ring i can use on my Arc character, and crafted a good quiver waiting to put on my Tornado shot from last league.

If someone thinks the game is good they never stop playing, they play there own way.

If someone goes to another game thats just them neglecting to learn POE for what it is, one of those games that rewards you for time spent, i mean its been a couple good months since the last league and iv made a quiver for a build i no longer use. But when act IV comes out standard is where we will be.

**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
The reasons I quit:

#1 - My builds got completely gutted with nerfs.
#2 - Don't like starting the game over for challenge leagues.
#3 - Not a fan of the broken standard league economy.

What would make me come back?

#1 - Permanent Self found league
#2 - GGG getting to a point where "Balancing changes" are kept to a minimum.
#3 - Them including another end game dynamic that doesn't involve mapping. Mapping shouldn't be the only end game IMO.

I'd consider coming back if at least one of the above happens.

You can play self found already. Item drops should be buffed across the board, that shouldnt be a SFL thing.

Balancing happens because it has to, not because they want to mess with your build. There hasnt been a balance change since the last tree reset and that has been a while. I think that qualifies as a minimum.

What endgame means is vastly different for everyone. What is endgame to you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info