Why did you or your friend quit playing POE?

My friends/Party/Guild quit.

Iv been playing for awhile I think I died 15 times in Bloodlines 5-6 made it 70-88, kinda bored. I dont feel like theres anything fun. Pvp is a joke... everything else is a bit stale. I hope the patch helps. If not, ill just wait for updates and such then come back.

-Desync (been playing HC for a long time ... going back soft to many RIPs)
-Trading (even if I overpay, nobody trades item:item) which is stupid.
-I spend more time rolling maps then running maps
-Tired of trading people who are ..less then nice
-Lag

On the upside I want to see new ways to craft my gear. "Runewords" in D2LOD where awesome. It made white items GG. Something similar would be nice.
Last edited by TSNomad on Jan 30, 2015, 4:12:21 AM
Looks like a good amount of players do agree on what happened to standard is very stupid especially thats where most players (I believe GGG said 80% of the PoE players play on softcore leagues) are going to end up... unless they start over fresh everytime there's new contents and over and over and over and then all over again and then inevitbly end up back in standard where there are 4 different version of the "same" unique costing anywhere from 5c (non-legacy) to 20ex (triple+ legacy)... that's a 160 times (or a 16000%) price hike...

Again I have lost many friends over standard's economy and the fact that the best version of certain items are impossible whatsoever to obtain via gameplay yet the fact that these item exist bothers many people. And the fact this is anti-Play2Win and pro-Pay2Win you either pay a shitload of currency or u pay with $$ because there's no other means to obtain these items anymore with legitimate gameplay.

Lastly like I said GGG can keep the dumpster leagues if they want since there are plenty of players and RMTers that dont want to lose their legacy items. But they should indeed introduce a new perm. league that has retroactive system when it comes to item changes/nerfs/buffs. And everytime when a new challenge league ends give the player an option to go to the new retro league or the dumpster league.

Talked to my friends we are actually fine with paying some cash even if the new non-dumpester perm. leagues are behind a certain paywall just so we dont have to deal with the stupidity.

sorry but the upcoming ARPG "Lost Arc" is looking better and better (literally) everyday.

The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jan 30, 2015, 4:07:01 AM
I came here looking for a cemetery of dead horses. I really want to dig them all up and start beating them endlessly. No real purpose other than Dead horses really should be kicked a lot. I strongly prefer to do it with other jaded horse haters if possible. That way we can share our discontent for these evil evil horses.

Did I come to the right place?
"
TSNomad wrote:
My friends/Party/Guild quit.

Iv been playing for awhile I think I died 15 times in Bloodlines 5-6 made it 70-88, kinda bored. I dont feel like theres anything fun. Pvp is a joke... everything else is a bit stale. I hope the patch helps. If not, ill just wait for updates and such then come back.

-Desync (been playing HC for a long time ... going back soft to many RIPs)
-Trading (even if I overpay, nobody trades item:item) which is stupid.
-I spend more time rolling maps then running maps
-Tired of trading people who are ..less then nice
-Lag

On the upside I want to see new ways to craft my gear. "Runewords" in D2LOD where awesome. It made white items GG. Something similar would be nice.

Runewords didnt work on white items, did you really play D2? They worked on socketed items.

And runewords were broken with auras on them and teleport and what not.

You can make white items better in POE easily, throw a alch orb at them. White items in POE > White items in D2

Take the nostalgia off and smell the roses.
Enough of this Dirkification!
White items could be socketed by the blacksmith in A5.
It was possible to get max sockets in a white item with a single click. High types/lvl white items were the superior crafting material.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jan 30, 2015, 7:39:21 AM
"
torturo wrote:
It was possible to get max sockets in a white item with a single click. High types/lvl white items were the superior crafting material.

You only got 3 for each character tho.
My casual friends realized they need to spend alot of tedious time trading to be successful and getting the gear the wanted. They argued when they get back from work and have 2-3 hours to play, they didnt want to spend atleast half of it trading to make a few chaos orbs, when they needed 100 of them.
IGN: COCBOYbEaUtY
Most of my friends are pretty casual gamers but still enjoy a good challenge. We all getting on in years now, most of us are married and working full time. So really the problem is that POE just requires a little too much dedication.

The thing is it's not because the game is too hard, but rather that the game purposefully hinders your progression by giving you 99.9% trash items. It can be a bit disheartening not upgrading your character after many hours of playing, and if you do find an upgrade then sometimes you don't even want to wear it because you need the right amount/combo of sockets/colours/links etc and that too can just seem so tedious.
I know trade is essential in this game but to be fair a lot of people just don't like it in these types of games and I can understand that.

another thing is that many of my friends find the passive skill tree very daunting and to be honest it is a very complicated and harsh system for new players.

Then on top of that there is desync which is just downright frustrating, especially with some bosses that have that one hit killing power.

Some of my friends do not even get through to merciless because they say playing through the same content 3 times is very boring. Especially when you so rarely get any nice gear. I keep telling don't worry when you reach end game maps you will find all the low level uniques you could ever want (this does not help lol).

I for one love the depth this game offers and the amount of content we get so i keep going strong.
It took a lot for me though to keep playing initially but I was pretty determined to figure things out and now I love the shit out of it.

hope GGG is listening :)

"
"
torturo wrote:

You only got 3 for each character tho.

Yeah but you could make unlimited characters,

It was so easy to rush people that my friend and I would rush one another repeatedly so as to have limitless socket potential, and then you do the destroy mephisto soul stone quest repeatedly for the runes. Towards the end of D2 you could have a well geared lvl 80 in about a day lol, im not saying that was a good thing but its true.
I dont see any any key!
hi every1, i started to play in 2013 january and stoped after a mounth or so, then started again in oktober or so and i enjoyed the game alot, till the day came to sell items. I am verry disapointed also that no1 want to buy items in this game, every1 want to get chaos and exalts only, no item:item trade, wich i dont know why happens, when there are lot of new players also. my idea is that i like that there is no AH, cuz i remember back in my days in other mmo's in 2000-2006 where no AH exist in games, ppl were trading items and making ressels , bussines. Here u can\t do that, wich dissapoint me. But still not enought reson to quit, i still enjoy it in the way it is.
P.s : sorry for my begginer english knowledge :), greeting from Romania

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info