Getting tired of zana..

And her RNG-based timed missions.

Timed missions alone are a bad decision, imo (let's force the player to desperately scramble thru a map and purposely avoid/gather mobs around him, adding to desync and most likely a death or 2) but why did you think putting an RNG goal on top of that was a 2nd good idea, devs?

She is the -only- master who gives mission goals that can be dependent on RNG. That's not a daily mission, that's a daily roll of the dice.

At this point, the only reason i have her taking up a valuable spot in my hideout is she's a guaranteed 74+ map run a day. Usually. By now, w/o the numerous failures of a timer that ran out, i would have had her at least 1/4 way to level 8, instead of 1/2 way to level 7 she's been at for awhile.

If you insist on RNG being a factor in your daily's formula, take the timer out of them.

-Zombie#1- "That guy has passed right over us 3 times now..shouldnt we be popping out to attack?"
-Zombie#2- "No way, you saw what he did to our friends. Lets just stay down here where its safe.
Besides, you heard how angry he is..keeps shouting something about needing the last 2 to clear.."

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The one where you need to kill corrupted monster packs on a timer is too tough. The other timed missions have minimap markers where you need to go, visible when you get close. If you use those, then they are doable barring extremely bad luck. You might have to skip a pack or two, and ignore stragglers until you finish, but they are possible.
Risk vs Reward
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Some of the timed maps are barely do-able, i agree. But the ones where you have to find 1 drop that's SOMEwhere on ONE of the mobs? Complete bullshit.

The whole concept of a timed mission would'nt be nearly as bad if not for the presence of desync, and/or the addition of finding an RNG placed item.

Given that neither desync or RNG is going away, they should get rid of timed missions entirely, at least for zana and haku.

"
Risk vs Reward

If you really dont understand the concept behind the frustration for this, dont post.

-Zombie#1- "That guy has passed right over us 3 times now..shouldnt we be popping out to attack?"
-Zombie#2- "No way, you saw what he did to our friends. Lets just stay down here where its safe.
Besides, you heard how angry he is..keeps shouting something about needing the last 2 to clear.."

Last edited by Wolfarus on Jan 25, 2015, 12:24:42 AM
They are only really difficult on certain maps. I mean if you choose the wrong direction at the start , you are screwed. The only one I have failed so far was a 5 min crematorium kill the corrupted mobs one. I went the wrong way and couldn't compensate in time.
I went 0 for 5 on Zana's timed missions playing HC/solo/self-found. I haven't even bothered with her since.

A level 1 Zana shouldn't give timed missions... in fact a level 1 anybody should just give a vanilla (white) mission with no mods what so ever.
hurr durr Haku missions are timer based RNG as well
S L O W E R
The grind from 7-8 is so slow that I really don't care much if Zana ever reaches max level. So if nobody wants to join and it's one of those suicide missions she can do it herself. :-P
Zana has give me 5 Maze maps now 5 days in a row.... 3 of which were double boss and 2 out of those 3 were kill the rouge exiles before the timer ends and both of the double boss ones that had the rouge exiles 2 of the 4 rogue exiles were in the boss room with double vaal oversouls in both of them!

Zana HATES my guts right now! LOL
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
I have to agree, very wholeheartedly. Zana's missions, especially timed missions, are a horrendous pain in the ass, especially if you are playing on a less-than-stellar PC.
My most recent horror story: Patches of shocking ground, every leap-slamming/AoE'ing enemy imaginable, and only 00:30 on the clock from the start. 29.9 of those seconds were eaten up by ridiculous frame rate drops.
Also, honestly, the timer should pause if/when you die.

I get it. "It's a free map every day, regardless of success or failure, blah blah blah." Doesn't change the fact [read: my opinion] that certain BS mechanics become unplayable on lesser PCs...and are just annoying overall.
Last edited by Joshua_Valentine on Jan 30, 2015, 7:27:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info