Seriously....Stop with the legacy bullshit.

@wispo if you read my response to his message and his later response he was being a bit sarcastic.

Spoiler
"
goetzjam wrote:

Not sure where your getting your information about the shields, one is listed corrupted b\g\r, but that can be changed with masters for 3ex one for 10ex and many for 14ex. The price of this shield did not increase that much due to the changes.

In addition I don't think your assumption is correct about people calling for this shield to be nerfed. GGG specifically stated about this shield in supporter newsletter 48.

"

Aegis Aurora
Aegis Aurora
Champion Kite Shield
Chance to Block: 32%
Armour: (337 to 374)
Energy Shield: (99 to 110)
Requires Level 62, 85 Str, 85 Int
(10 to 20)% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
(80 to 100)% increased Armour and Energy Shield
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
6% additional Block Chance
Replenishes Energy Shield by 2% of Armour when you Block
Born from the marriage of ice and sky, the aurora evokes both awe and power.
is an example of an item that straddles the line somewhat. It is never going to be a terrible item as it provides some core defenses, but its power level will change as the mechanics it relies on change. It can sometimes fall into being very powerful, and sometimes is merely good. This item is perhaps a little too dangerous for us.

If you'd like there was both a reddit discussion on this as well as other unqiues they mentioned here:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Supporter_newsletter_48

and

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1vmzmc/eternal_and_diamond_supporter_newsletter_48
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
@wispo if you read my response to his message and his later response he was being a bit sarcastic.

Spoiler
"
goetzjam wrote:

Not sure where your getting your information about the shields, one is listed corrupted b\g\r, but that can be changed with masters for 3ex one for 10ex and many for 14ex. The price of this shield did not increase that much due to the changes.

In addition I don't think your assumption is correct about people calling for this shield to be nerfed. GGG specifically stated about this shield in supporter newsletter 48.

"

Aegis Aurora
Aegis Aurora
Champion Kite Shield
Chance to Block: 32%
Armour: (337 to 374)
Energy Shield: (99 to 110)
Requires Level 62, 85 Str, 85 Int
(10 to 20)% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
(80 to 100)% increased Armour and Energy Shield
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
6% additional Block Chance
Replenishes Energy Shield by 2% of Armour when you Block
Born from the marriage of ice and sky, the aurora evokes both awe and power.
is an example of an item that straddles the line somewhat. It is never going to be a terrible item as it provides some core defenses, but its power level will change as the mechanics it relies on change. It can sometimes fall into being very powerful, and sometimes is merely good. This item is perhaps a little too dangerous for us.

If you'd like there was both a reddit discussion on this as well as other unqiues they mentioned here:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Supporter_newsletter_48

and

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1vmzmc/eternal_and_diamond_supporter_newsletter_48

Got it ^_^'

Back in topic, i really miss the times of that guy (i don't remember the nick) with a lvl 100 marauder , legacy kaom and aegis aurora that was facetanking merciless dominus with over 8k hp. Now all we see are 4k hp toons -.-
Last edited by Wispo on Jan 27, 2015, 10:26:30 AM
"
An item is unique if it does something that no rare can roll. It has nothing to do with "powerful". This is the way GGG have played it; they're not called "legendaries ", after all. Some uniques are very powerful, some less so. Any unique that is a absolutely best in slot, whether due to creating an unbeatable build or just in and of itself, IS A FAILURE of design by GGG's own standards.

Funny how people are happy to use a failure that makes them feel good but get all itchy-bitchy about failures that make them feel weak. Failure is failure. A good player who cares about the game, not just their own experience, will recognize that.

I'm not sure how many good players we have left.

You are completely right.

However, don't things get a bit awkward if an unique has to be "unique" and still be worthwhile? That item will have little competition. "Build Enabling" can be a grey area.

IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
"
htblind wrote:
Legacy Matter : Not this shit again ;

On Topic : Make all uniques that are legacy tier 0 ! Yes , you heard me TIER 0 , meaning that they will drop less then a shavvronesss ! Thats the fix people ! Listen to me ! It will bring GGG 100000 Players in a matter of days till the words spreads ...

haha honestly I think this would shut a lot of people up and would make zero difference on standard where the items already exist.

they would never do this in challenge leagues, though if someone complains about legacies and they play ladder leagues then wtf anyway
S L O W E R
"
ampdecay wrote:
"
htblind wrote:
Legacy Matter : Not this shit again ;

On Topic : Make all uniques that are legacy tier 0 ! Yes , you heard me TIER 0 , meaning that they will drop less then a shavvronesss ! Thats the fix people ! Listen to me ! It will bring GGG 100000 Players in a matter of days till the words spreads ...

haha honestly I think this would shut a lot of people up and would make zero difference on standard where the items already exist.

they would never do this in challenge leagues, though if someone complains about legacies and they play ladder leagues then wtf anyway

Its kind of funny that its catch 22 most of the time.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info