Seriously....Stop with the legacy bullshit.

Like for real it's retarded as it is let alone continouing with it.

Just change everything instead of allowing legacy items to exist.

Edit1: Not so much a rant, It's more so just the truth. If you've played as long as I have you would know.
I don't care what the world says.
I'll love you lauren for the rest of my life.
Fuck the haters.
Last edited by 0Radius on Jan 24, 2015, 4:02:22 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Why does someone you never play with having certain items bother you. And no I'm not loaded, I think a legacy bor that I don't use anymore since melee is shit is the extent of my riches on standard.
Can't change everything, imagine you found an item 6 months ago and it worked with your build because of the values it has on it, come back after 6 months and find that same item was changed, you'd be pissed.

D3 did this one time with attack speed, one of the worst decisions they made.

Previous legacies will always and forever exists, if they wanted to make items going forward update to new values they would have to have the community's support to do so and I have yet to see a good argument to as why this is even necessary.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Kricys wrote:
Why does someone you never play with having certain items bother you. And no I'm not loaded, I think a legacy bor that I don't use anymore since melee is shit is the extent of my riches on standard.

Jealousy: "i would like to drop that legacy Kaom/Soultaker/BOR/whatever but all that drops to me it's the actual version, so if i cannot have the legacy one, NO ONE ELSE MUST HAVE IT".

On a more serious side: if i were Chris, i would stop this damned nerf hysteria and give back to people the original versions of all uniques nerfed (eg: Kaom) and of all gems nerfed (eg: Spark)
"
goetzjam wrote:
Can't change everything, imagine you found an item 6 months ago and it worked with your build because of the values it has on it, come back after 6 months and find that same item was changed, you'd be pissed.

D3 did this one time with attack speed, one of the worst decisions they made.

Previous legacies will always and forever exists, if they wanted to make items going forward update to new values they would have to have the community's support to do so and I have yet to see a good argument to as why this is even necessary.

Well it is fairly likely that thats still the case. There is no legacy skill-tree or legacy skills so it wouldn't be that consistend.

Right now its just a technical thing. If a mod changes entirely the item pointing to that mod is changed as well and there is no legacy (like Volls Protector, Crown of Eyes or the mistake with Vertex). If a mod is removed from an item but still exists in the database older items still have this mod on it and are now legacy (like Cloak of Defiance), the same goes the other way around if a new mod is added (like it happened to several bows). If the value is changed the old items still point to a certain mod with a certain value. Since this value is placed on the item when it was created its still there even after the value for new items is changed (like it happened on Volls, Kaoms Primacy/Heart etc.)

Technically it would be possible but it also would be difficult to do in a fair way. Assuming you had a perfectly rolled Shavronnes your new Shavs should also be rolled perfectly, so they would have to calculate percentages and search all the items with the Values that are not possible anymore, but this leaves another issue. If the database doesn't know when the item was created it doesnt actually know which items are legacy.

If an item is changed from 220-300 to 180-260 we could run into the issue that a player with a worse item now gets a better one. Player A has an item with the value 261 and player B has an item with the value of 246. 261 isn't possible anymore so the game changes the value to the same percentage of the max as it had before. So it would have a value of 226 now. Player Bs Item however has a value that is in the new range. So the game would assume it isn't a legacy, because it has a possible value. This issue wouldn't exist if they would have avoided legacies from the start, but now its really hard to do.

However with the recent nerfes to block-chance the difference between Legacy and non-Legacy items gets even greater. I assume that they underestimated the impact of legacy items on the already fragile economy in standard. But I would also assume that the old statement that standard is still their most important league isn't true anymore as well so the issues legacies create is just not important enough since they focus more on the temporary leagues where legacy items aren't an issue.
I agree, stop nerfing uniques and thus creating legacy items.

Oh wait, you want to take my legacies? No thanks. They don't affect your game play.
How about instead of people ranting that the Legacies they wont EVER own not exist anymore because other people have it, GGG should stop unnecessarily nerfing items they release? That every patch 100 items go legacy and MORE THAN half of them doesn't even make sense as to why they got changed?
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
"
0Radius wrote:

Just change everything instead of allowing legacy items to exist.

Feel free to pull a magic fairy wand from your ass. If GGG could do that, they surely would.

you can do that?....youtube video!!!!!!
Legacy Matter : Not this shit again ;

On Topic : Make all uniques that are legacy tier 0 ! Yes , you heard me TIER 0 , meaning that they will drop less then a shavvronesss ! Thats the fix people ! Listen to me ! It will bring GGG 100000 Players in a matter of days till the words spreads ...
It's your own choice to play in the legacy/permanent leagues, around which the balance of the game is not made. If you order a pile of shit on the menu when it clearly states it is a pile of shit, don't complain afterwards it tastes like shit and don't blame the cook.
IGN : @Morgoth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info