Seriously....Stop with the legacy bullshit.

"
Wispo wrote:
See for example the far ago omni-potent Aegis aurora. Many stupid kids, in a crisis of envy and jealousy for not having it, have cryed for its nerf, ggg nerfed it.. and now.. nearly no one "remembers" this shield. What a stupid waste of good ideas.

Aegis was nerfed because a couple people conspired to buy several stash tabs of them for ~10ex each, then become very vocal on the forums about how much they needed to be nerfed, and stirred up mass hysteria among their sheeple subjects until GGG finally caved and nerfed it.. and then turned around and made ~50ex profit per piece resold.

</tinfoilhat>
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
I would realy like to have a vendor recipe to turn Legacy unique into unidentified non-legacy with same sockets/links/colors/corruptions. If parameteres that are not changed could be left untouched - that would have been absolutely perfect.

The reason is simple: I like being on par with current game's balance, but at the same time I'm slow, casual, solo and selffound.

For example, Bringer of Rain is not that good anymore. But I built a character not for OMG POWER, but rather for style and feel and flavor. Legacy item kinda tears a toon apart from game world in my eyes.
At the same time, the necessity to trade for new BoR, then link/colour/corrupt tears fun apart from the game.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
"
CanHasPants wrote:

Aegis was nerfed because a couple people conspired to buy several stash tabs of them for ~10ex each, then become very vocal on the forums about how much they needed to be nerfed, and stirred up mass hysteria among their sheeple subjects until GGG finally caved and nerfed it.. and then turned around and made ~50ex profit per piece resold.

</tinfoilhat>

Not sure where your getting your information about the shields, one is listed corrupted b\g\r, but that can be changed with masters for 3ex one for 10ex and many for 14ex. The price of this shield did not increase that much due to the changes.

In addition I don't think your assumption is correct about people calling for this shield to be nerfed. GGG specifically stated about this shield in supporter newsletter 48.

"

Aegis Aurora
Aegis Aurora
Champion Kite Shield
Chance to Block: 32%
Armour: (337 to 374)
Energy Shield: (99 to 110)
Requires Level 62, 85 Str, 85 Int
(10 to 20)% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
(80 to 100)% increased Armour and Energy Shield
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
6% additional Block Chance
Replenishes Energy Shield by 2% of Armour when you Block
Born from the marriage of ice and sky, the aurora evokes both awe and power.
is an example of an item that straddles the line somewhat. It is never going to be a terrible item as it provides some core defenses, but its power level will change as the mechanics it relies on change. It can sometimes fall into being very powerful, and sometimes is merely good. This item is perhaps a little too dangerous for us.

If you'd like there was both a reddit discussion on this as well as other unqiues they mentioned here:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Supporter_newsletter_48

and

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1vmzmc/eternal_and_diamond_supporter_newsletter_48
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
^ My post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek; sorry it didn't read that way /-:

I do believe people could attempt to engage in market manipulation via rallying feedback for GGG to respond to, though I wouldn't speculate how effective that might be. Certainly, one can, and people have, profit(ed) by anticipating and investing in potential future legacies. I was just taking it a step further to make a bad joke ^-^

Edit
But Aegis was super duper expensive for a while after the nerf, but that didn't mean very many of them sold until their priced gradually dropped ;)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Jan 26, 2015, 7:25:06 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
^ My post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek; sorry it didn't read that way /-:

I do believe people could attempt to engage in market manipulation via rallying feedback for GGG to respond to, though I wouldn't speculate how effective that might be. Certainly, one can, and people have, profit(ed) by anticipating and investing in potential future legacies. I was just taking it a step further to make a bad joke ^-^

Edit
But Aegis was super duper expensive for a while after the nerf, but that didn't mean very many of them sold until their priced gradually dropped ;)

Ahh hard to catch the tone of words in just plain text. I think people can try to manipulate the market with scare tactics, but I think they would be better to profit in other ways.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Kricys wrote:
Why does someone you never play with having certain items bother you.

Jealousy, what else. If he wasnt complaining about uniques, he'd be complaining about rares. "It's unfair that Jake can have Foe Bite, but I cant... remove it from the game" (wipes tears)
"It's unfair that someone can have better items than me..." etc etc.

Anyway, I'd suggest to him to play the temp leagues... but he's already been banned.

I rate this thread a solid 0/10.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Jan 27, 2015, 1:10:13 AM
"
0Radius wrote:
Like for real it's retarded as it is let alone continouing with it.

Just change everything instead of allowing legacy items to exist.

Edit1: Not so much a rant, It's more so just the truth. If you've played as long as I have you would know.

Hmm banned? Lol the nerve to QQ, then RMT bot then got slammed. Good gear got locked away too ROFL.

Well done GGG!
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:

Hmm banned? Lol the nerve to QQ, then RMT bot then got slammed. Good gear got locked away too ROFL.

Well done GGG!

I can't help but laugh at that sequence of events.

There are some legitimate arguments against legacy gear, but at the end of the day they only exist in a league I couldn't give a shit less about, so I'm not one to QQ/rage about it. This guy didn't put forth any of the good arguments, and to get banned in all this is just comical. I wonder if he really was RMTing, or if there was some other reason for the ban, though.
"
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:

Well done GGG!

I can't help but laugh at that sequence of events.

There are some legitimate arguments against legacy gear, but at the end of the day they only exist in a league I couldn't give a shit less about, so I'm not one to QQ/rage about it. This guy didn't put forth any of the good arguments, and to get banned in all this is just comical. I wonder if he really was RMTing, or if there was some other reason for the ban, though.

Well, just looking at the announcements page where 14 out of the Achievement 8/8 players got permanently banned for using cheats (which would include botting, hopefully, but unsure about RMT), who knows how many 7/8, 6/8, 5/8, 4/8 players also got pwned :D
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
See for example the far ago omni-potent Aegis aurora. Many stupid kids, in a crisis of envy and jealousy for not having it, have cryed for its nerf, ggg nerfed it.. and now.. nearly no one "remembers" this shield. What a stupid waste of good ideas.

</tinfoilhat>

If your statement is true, then it is another reason not to make nerfs, and leaving the uniques forever as they were born

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info