[2.0] 200k+ DPS, 7k hp, on a 1ex budget: The Summoner

I would like to thank you for making POE the most boring game in the world for me now LOL, I don't do SHIT! the damn skellies and Zomz do everything :( haha. Seriously though, I have had a few bumps in the road when fighting certain bosses or mobs but other then that I have lvled stupid fast and now sit at lvl 45 on day two of played this char. Thanks for the build!.
"
No_Recoil wrote:
I would like to thank you for making POE the most boring game in the world for me now LOL, I don't do SHIT! the damn skellies and Zomz do everything :( haha. Seriously though, I have had a few bumps in the road when fighting certain bosses or mobs but other then that I have lvled stupid fast and now sit at lvl 45 on day two of played this char. Thanks for the build!.

When you play through the standard game you won't do anything. It's POE on easy mode.

Once you hit like 70 maps you actually do stuff lol.
Ok Sheesh where do I start. First off Sidebreath is complete trash. A nice +2 minion helm over Geofri all day. A level 1 empower does NOTHING so its stupid to waste a link on it until level 2. Bones of Ullr is basically the only summoner item worth it besides oh yea Mon'Tregul's lol. Mon'Tregul's is fantastic. It takes your zombies from tank to unstoppable. What do you think Increased means cause last I checked increased means more just saying. Not to mention it also gives your zombies infernal blow basically. Now as far as running SRS you would want a +3 and at least a +2 staff but thats the reason you dont want to use Mon'Tregul's not cause its bad.
"
Vitt4300 wrote:
Ok Sheesh where do I start. First off Sidebreath is complete trash. A nice +2 minion helm over Geofri all day. A level 1 empower does NOTHING so its stupid to waste a link on it until level 2. Bones of Ullr is basically the only summoner item worth it besides oh yea Mon'Tregul's lol. Mon'Tregul's is fantastic. It takes your zombies from tank to unstoppable. What do you think Increased means cause last I checked increased means more just saying. Not to mention it also gives your zombies infernal blow basically. Now as far as running SRS you would want a +3 and at least a +2 staff but thats the reason you dont want to use Mon'Tregul's not cause its bad.

If you don't know the difference between "more" and "increased" in this game you really shouldn't comment on builds.
"
Vitt4300 wrote:
Ok Sheesh where do I start. First off Sidebreath is complete trash.
No it isn't it has movement and minion damage. The best two abilities for SRS. Then it has regen. You cap res without it. It's one of the few ways to actually increase damage. Literally every top end SRS build has sidh (with +minion damage corrupted, but this is budget).

"
A nice +2 minion helm over Geofri all day. A level 1 empower does NOTHING so its stupid to waste a link on it until level 2.
. Geofri is cheaper by far than a +2 with res. And in a Geoffry a lvl 1 empower does +1. At lvl 2 geforri and minion hat are equivalent. It would be stupid to have someone buy both then switch since this is a budget guide.

"
Bones of Ullr is basically the only summoner item worth it besides oh yea Mon'Tregul's lol. Mon'Tregul's is fantastic. It takes your zombies from tank to unstoppable.

Just no. Have you even played a SRS based build before? Or a high level map? or Aztiri?

"
What do you think Increased means cause last I checked increased means more just saying. Not to mention it also gives your zombies infernal blow basically.
let me explain it to you. Increased is additive. More is multiplicative. They are different in this game.

"
Now as far as running SRS you would want a +3 and at least a +2 staff but thats the reason you dont want to use Mon'Tregul's not cause its bad.
If you bothered to read the build I currently have a +3 staff. But you aren't going to even find a +2 5l for under 30c. This is a budget build. And a +2 isn't that much better at 5l than a 5s in general since it doens't get to double dip empower. Better off saving for a +3. All things I say in the build i'm halfway certain you didn't even bother to really read...
Last edited by Crowcide on Mar 1, 2015, 9:19:08 AM
Rekt.
one thing i can say about spectres. undying evangelists give immunity to projectiles. if u combine that with IC, EC, grace. it would make for semi tanky version.

also 1 question vaal haste is aura why not link to generosity? theres also rejuvenation totem that can be linked to generosity. Rejuvenation totem is pretty good with 42% increased effect of Auras you Cast. ^^

i currently use convocation =>flesh offering =>(rejuvination totem backup)

in the past i used barrage coc ek/arc/srs and rejuvination totem for the minion part. was able to do 70 maps(before atziri showed up)

[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Mar 2, 2015, 2:58:51 PM
Hey Crowcide.

I've been losing interest in the game because my builds either felt ineffective once I got to a certain point, or because I tried following a guide and ended up feeling robbed of the experience of making my own thing and watching it grow into a well oiled and aesthetically pleasing killing machine. Out of desperation I started looking up guides on builds I had very little knowledge of, searching for inspiration. I ended up finding this.

After reading the guide, I tried to sum up what you were trying to do in the simplest terms possible. Basically, you're making yourself a force multiplier for minions (and other allies). Every body you put on the field is another delivery device for your minion nodes and minion bonuses from items + Haste + Hatred + EE + Ele Weakness payload. The stronger the body is, the better a delivery device it becomes. The two remaining aspects of the build are your own survivability through items, and how many and how strong bodies you can put on the field at any given time.

I really like the concept, but I wanted to put my own personal spin on it. My idea was to focus less on making each body strong, and more on having more bodies. As soon as I decided this, I stared seeing options in regards to gems. But first I wanted to play around with the talent tree.

Basically I wanted more cast speed, but I was also looking for better mana management to sustain it, and if possible even better auras and any curse improvements that made sense. I wanted to keep very close to the same level of defense you have as well. This is pretty much what I think I'll end up with:

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34rpAv6zVyu9gm0ZCPTAVGpDvOoi9GwLDY0c3PIev5fJPaXEkyf-SR2q4YhGcbQMgwkmPBbzL51_xtsLgh6IQsHFL2_ZE3C77Bh9GGvb7IosnEyzBAdVxoPbOlismPfXzLyqxIVgTblEBJuhj0ZI56cI-oAqmNkLuJOQM6asiEBFRzLRJNiFbdWB6-5TUkWdmuCYrSj6-eiCx8aeEH8MfWqsWpGofdP7BkkD7jOHHb48Lcautz5Bh88yWW1fmG6qtfI1kti9_gqiAASzwGb60h0UgKRV1mTnFy9CoySw42oWbzbpJKra3X5ZeC8tix_H

I went Grave Intentions after picking up Death Attunement, now working on the branch with Herd the Flock and Discipline and Training. My only real worry is how long I delay getting EE, but we'll see how it works out. Also, all minions have 20% less life, hopefully won't be too much of an issue. I think the "increased effect of buffs on you" nodes are worth it for the move and cast speed from haste and mana regen from clarity. I guess it helps potions too? And auras from other players or Spectres..

There's two loose points in increased curse effect. These are the points I'll make adjustments from first if I decide to change anything. I think I should be about right for stat requirements with just a little help from items, especially as the build has lots of wiggle room in that department. Also I probably go same as you for bandits. Or maybe I should get the cast speed in Cruel? What do you think? I kind of like the two 6% curse effect nodes. I guess I can worry about it once I get near max level.

This is my thoughts on gemming, keeping in mind that I want to sacrifice a little support for some of my minions in return for getting more bodies on the field..

Spoiler
Staff: SRS, Zombies, Spell Echo, Melee Splash, Multistrike, Empower
Chest: Clarity, Haste, Reduced Mana | Hatred, Generosity, Reduced Mana
Helm: Animate Weapon, Flesh Offering, Vaal Haste, Increased Duration
Summon Skeleton, Spell Totem | Raise Spectre, LMP
Ball Lightning, Curse on Hit, Ele Weakness, GMP

Basically I moved the zombies into the 6th slot of the staff so they share support gems with SRS in order to make room for a bunch of spells that all benefit from sharing a link with Increased Duration. This made room for Spectres with one support gem. Zombies are getting the same bonuses they would in the helm, SRS loses MPD as a result, but also become cheaper to spam. Ani-mates benefit decently from the minion level on the helm, Flesh Offering not so much and Vaal Haste not at all. I'm not sure what I would include instead of Flesh Offering. Desecrate is the only real candidate I think, maybe Vaal skellies as an outsider choice, with Desecrate as a swap-out for rebooting zombies? There's also unset rings to consider.

Maybe swap skele-totem and Spectres into helm and keep the Increased Duration stack in gloves or boots? Or you could go helm: Animate Weapon, Spectres, Empower and whatever depending on what Spectres you go for, with skele-totem and Vaal Haste in boots or gloves. Maybe that actually makes the most sense.

There's some things I'm uncertain about.. First of all, I hope Echo doesn't react badly with zombies heh. Please tell me it doesn't.
Secondly, I have no clue which Spectres would be best. My initial thinking is titty bitches since they fit well with the phys+fire thing SRS and zombies have going already. I guess anything that shoots physical and converts some of it to fire or cold will do. LMP seems to make the most sense, if you consider each projectile a sub-delivery system of your force multiplier. Archer statues with Ice Shot have been working out very well recently. Alternatively, curse or aura pets with sensible support gem for them?
Thirdly, does Vulnerability make more sense, considering Ani-mates don't do any elemental damage besides Hatred? Or maybe I should fit in a Doedre's Damning or something and use both.. But then no GMP, less targets hit. I don't think I like that. Rather have Vulnerability from Spectre, if anything.
Fourthly.. Do you think any of this makes sense? I feel like if this will work anywhere near as effectively as your version, that I'm finally working towards a build I can have some confidence in, and one that I have put my own spin on (well, assuming someone else hasn't made this exact build and I just don't know about it heh - I guess it doesn't matter though). So what do you think? Will it work?

Spectres are finally starting to feel worth it, and I'm really enjoying Increased Duration Ani-mates. Looking forward to picking up the skill duration nodes for them.. Dying Breath is working out very well for leveling as well. So far so good.

Any and all feedback is welcome. Is the overall idea of my changes silly? Are there some aspects of it that won't work? Will the end result be significantly worse than the parent build? Did I miss anything obvious? Any suggestions for tweaks?

I guess it doesn't matter. You inspired me to try again, and I'm having a ton of fun with it so far. Awesome build with a lot of room to play around. The presentation of your guide could maybe use a little more work, but regardless, it did the job for me. Thanks Crowcide! :)

Edit: Okay, I'll stop editing now. Someone is going to reply to something I've changed in the meantime and it's gonna look awkward :/
Last edited by Chromodar on Mar 2, 2015, 3:49:02 PM
"
leighferon wrote:
also 1 question vaal haste is aura why not link to generosity?

Even I can answer this one: Because the cast speed from Vaal Haste means you can put out a lot more SRS. Plus you move faster through maps.
"
leighferon wrote:
one thing i can say about spectres. undying evangelists give immunity to projectiles. if u combine that with IC, EC, grace. it would make for semi tanky version.

also 1 question vaal haste is aura why not link to generosity? theres also rejuvenation totem that can be linked to generosity. Rejuvenation totem is pretty good with 42% increased effect of Auras you Cast. ^^

i currently use convocation =>flesh offering =>(rejuvination totem backup)

in the past i used barrage coc ek/arc/srs and rejuvination totem for the minion part. was able to do 70 maps(before atziri showed up)

Vaal haste gives you cast speed and movement speed also. The movement is very nice because of the 15 seconds duration in this build. Basically i have it up near 100% of the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info