[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

"
vBam wrote:
Hey, just decided to start playing again and always loved summoner so I followed your guide.

My zombies are doing great! However the Evangelists are dying in 1-2 hits for some reason. (The gem is about level 17 and they are insta-dying on docks which is level 62 I think. No idea why as my zombies are terrific.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Have you set up all the skill-links? Also are you by any chance using a low-level desecrate to summon your evangelists? If so you need to stop that and until you reach merciless scepter of god, instead locate and raise the manually in cruel scepter of god.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Lifting, love the guide. I've been workin' my way through the build but I had a question about a unique or two.

1) At what level should you move away from the Matua Tapuna shield into a better one?

2) What about the unique necklace Sidhebreath. Should that be used?

Either way, lovin' it so far.

~rip~
"
Ripcurrent wrote:
Lifting, love the guide. I've been workin' my way through the build but I had a question about a unique or two.

1) At what level should you move away from the Matua Tapuna shield into a better one?

2) What about the unique necklace Sidhebreath. Should that be used?

Either way, lovin' it so far.

~rip~

Hey man! Thanks for letting me know.

1. I changed around level 55-60 when I could buy a decent 2+ minions helmet :)

2. Siedhebreath can be good for the build, but if you are using Belly of the beast I would advice you to get a amulet with added flat life to make it scale better. If using a rare chest you can definitely go for a Siedhebreath. Getting one with +1 to curses would be awesome!
Thanks Lifing for the great build/guide. Very strong and fun to play. At level 77 now, someone gave me a helmet I've not seen before, it is called Skullhead, a unique that makes the minions even stronger. Along with Vis Mortis as my chest it is a 5 link which allows me to now have 4 evangelists! The minions never die, well one evangelist did die to that nasty Shock and Horror boss in the Graveyard but with convocation and the 2% life leech Skullhead gives they are strong.

Doing all the rare maps my other characters would not dare to do. :)

One last thing, switched to arc as my curse distributor, much faster and hits more mobs.

Thanks again and thank you for all the wonderful, insightful videos you provide to the gaming community.

Avid Player
Last edited by CygnusDenub on Feb 10, 2015, 12:21:45 AM
Hi there - I'm curious as to why you recommend using Bones of Ullr?

The only way I personally can see them being viable is if you have an open prefix on your chest to metamod +1 zombies, otherwise using Ullr you remain at +9 zombies which are then cut to 4.

Instead, may I recommend that you pick up a Sidehebreath (which benefits the 4 zombies you do get) over Bones of Ullr (again, unless you metamod Cat's +1 zombies, in which case Ullr are far more powerful)?

By dropping Ullr and picking up Sidehebreath, you significantly buff the 4 zombies you have, as well as allow your self to pick up extra MS/Life/Res from your boots.

Just my 2 cents, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Bones of Ullr is very good because of extra spectre. Spectres are your main source of damage as summoner and having 3 vs 2 of them is big increase of clear speed.

Nice guide, leveling templar summoner too. Only change to tree is im getting '+ minion attack/cast speed' nodes while reaching gravepact (getting leech node too, only ignoring life node) and picking minion damage/leech nodes while reaching "death attunement". Reason is that im not planning to get montreguls and those nodes benefits Spectres more than life nodes. Using minion life support(+ multistrike on the +2 minion unique shield) to boost hp for zombies who serve as meatshield for me and spectres mostly.

Another idea is to use midnight bargain, 4th spectre and +20-30% minion damage is insane boost. Would have to spec/gear into LIFE+ES hybrid build to make up for -30% life penalty. There are some nice ES notables nearby in witch area you can pick instead of minor hp nodes. Getting good ES (or hybrid armor+es) gear pieces would be needed (+% to ES ring benchcraft is very good too, but cost an exalt).
"
Taddis5 wrote:
Bones of Ullr is very good because of extra spectre. Spectres are your main source of damage as summoner and having 3 vs 2 of them is big increase of clear speed.

This is huge and underestimated. That extra spectre is incredibly strong. We don't rock these boots for the zombie, but that spectre.

Also Lifting, you really undersold Mont'gruel's grasp. That sceptre is bananas. I just hit 77 and I'm cruising through maps without a second thought. This build is incredibly tanky.

However, can this build do Atziri? I'm starring at two complete sets wonderin' if I can take this in without wasting the sacrifice pieces.
"
Taddis5 wrote:

I figured it was for the extra spectre, but I still think using Sidhebreath is still, overall, a better gain.

I'll have to try both out and find out I guess.
Can use both sidhebreath and bones of ullr at the same time no problem on summoner.

Just rip'd at lvl 64 in bloodlines. In lunaris temple that corrupting blood unique mob spawned right next to me, got bleed stacks from applying autocurse with lightning ball (was spamming it into mobs b4 it spawned) he also hit me with groundslam and my 2.4hp+1k ES drained down in like 0.5 secs , couldn't do anything about it.
Having worst luck ever this league, numerous rips in low lvl easy areas insta killed by bloodlines mods without having any time window to react (one shotted in lvl 66 map with 4.6k hp was the worst). Gotta wait till act4, hopefully for new good spectre options for summoners with new monsters.
"
Taddis5 wrote:
Can use both sidhebreath and bones of ullr at the same time no problem on summoner.

Just rip'd at lvl 64 in bloodlines. In lunaris temple that corrupting blood unique mob spawned right next to me, got bleed stacks from applying autocurse with lightning ball (was spamming it into mobs b4 it spawned) he also hit me with groundslam and my 2.4hp+1k ES drained down in like 0.5 secs , couldn't do anything about it.
Having worst luck ever this league, numerous rips in low lvl easy areas insta killed by bloodlines mods without having any time window to react (one shotted in lvl 66 map with 4.6k hp was the worst). Gotta wait till act4, hopefully for new good spectre options for summoners with new monsters.

Ahh that sucks man, sorry about the rip!

I am like you very much hoping for some new type of spectres in act 4. It is greatly needed :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info