[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

"
roddyriot wrote:
"
I haven't done any calculations, but from testing added fire definitely seems faster. If you decide to calculate the specific numbers, let me know! ;D

I stand, sit actually, corrected. Added Fire is better than Minion Damage. Though in my case I'd need three off colors, red ones, on my ES helmet.

Actually you may want to use "melee physical damage" instead of added fire damage. I just saw a guy post some calculations that showed it to be superior, however I haven't tested it and I don't know how trust worthy it is :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Serleth wrote:
Might run this if my cascader rips. Nice guide + stream.

Thanks mate, best of luck if you do! :)
Out of curiosity, I got really lucky and was able to get 4B1R1G in my chest. Are there any green colored support gems that could be useful?

Btw.. very nice guide! :)
"
Pracis wrote:
Out of curiosity, I got really lucky and was able to get 4B1R1G in my chest. Are there any green colored support gems that could be useful?

Thanks man!

You could actually go for "added cold damage" which actually would be pretty good imo :)

Another option is to simply use it as a 5-link and then use the remaining green socket for desecrate so that you dont have to weapon swap to use it :)
"
"
Pracis wrote:
Out of curiosity, I got really lucky and was able to get 4B1R1G in my chest. Are there any green colored support gems that could be usefuy

Thanks man!

You could actually go for "added cold damage" which actually would be pretty good imo :)

Another option is to simply use it as a 5-link and then use the remaining green socket for desecrate so that you dont have to weapon swap to use it :)

Thank you for the reply! I've tried to get those colors but it is a pain. I think I'll try added cold and then desecrate. I appreciate your advice!
"
Pracis wrote:
"
"
Pracis wrote:
Out of curiosity, I got really lucky and was able to get 4B1R1G in my chest. Are there any green colored support gems that could be usefuy

Thanks man!

Thank you for the reply! I've tried to get those colors but it is a pain. I think I'll try added cold and then desecrate. I appreciate your advice!

Let me know how it goes mate! :)
It would be wise to skip Foresight and pick the 2dex+1int node
(if you are not planing a hybrid life/es or EB summoner)

It could save you an affix :)
Summoner are usually low on dex.

"
Use weapon swap to cast Desecrate when necessary.

Summoners with zombies and RS have a lot of free time.
Spamming Desecrate and flesh offering is almost mandatory :)
Mon'tregul's explosion will limit the number of corpses.
As an added bonus you can guide the zombies.

I would put convocation on a swap.

Flask:
A quicksilver of adrenaline would be more beneficial.
With the alchemist passive you should gain around 32 ms.

Running 2 Instant flask is suboptimal because they are not affected by alchemist and belly of the beast 50% flask recovery speed.
You could probably gain more with a higher level bubbling or Catalysed flask.

Good luck.
minion stats: http://goo.gl/gQxs0w
Modifiers: http://goo.gl/jGIr8b
Zombie dps calculator: http://goo.gl/XIStJV
Last edited by Galax201 on Jan 22, 2015, 3:23:14 AM
So why no skeletons? I notice that lot of summoner build just ignore skeletons. Personally I find skeleton with spell totem and faster casting really really nice as unlike zombie and spectre you don't need dead body thus helps so much with those insane aoe bosses that wipe your summon instanlly. Also I think vaal skeleton is amazing for leveling coz it will rekt every single boss XD

Great guide though, kinda tempted to see if I can mod my current summoner to this.
Please forgive the dumb question, but i am returning player after not having played in over a year. I was wondering if you have to go back to the Scepter of God every time you die to revive more Undying Evangelist's? This build looks awesome to use on my 80 Witch, but I am pretty clueless for not having played in so long. Sounds like every time you get on, you have to go kill and revive more Evangelist's before you go do maps,etc. If this is true, it sounds like kind of a burden every time your minions die, no?
"
Bukkake wrote:
Please forgive the dumb question, but i am returning player after not having played in over a year. I was wondering if you have to go back to the Scepter of God every time you die to revive more Undying Evangelist's? This build looks awesome to use on my 80 Witch, but I am pretty clueless for not having played in so long. Sounds like every time you get on, you have to go kill and revive more Evangelist's before you go do maps,etc. If this is true, it sounds like kind of a burden every time your minions die, no?

Evangelist survivability is very high especially if they are supported by increased duration.
Usually you will need to resummon them only when the client crash :) or if you log off.
If you can find them in a high level map they are virtually indestructible when paired with 3 life flask and good positioning/zombie navigation.

Worst case scenario use convocation or portal to escape danger.

minion stats: http://goo.gl/gQxs0w
Modifiers: http://goo.gl/jGIr8b
Zombie dps calculator: http://goo.gl/XIStJV
Last edited by Galax201 on Jan 22, 2015, 3:02:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info