[2.0] YeahPete's Hardcore Elemental Molten Striker | custom Loot Filter | Affordable

"
Now I'm around LV 82 and have some problems.
I'm guessing you don't have 6k hp. 6K is recommended on any map over lvl 72 as well as preparing the proper flasks. You gear looks pretty good except for the lower amount of hp you have on every piece. Take hp over damage if you don't want to die. You did the respec a tad early but its not the end of the world, but you can prolly tell your hp is just a bit low. If you can find good attack speed / hp jewels that will help a lot.

Your Gems.
Your using very strange gem combinations.
First thing is get all those aura's in that alpha's. Might take alotta chromes, but it's worth it. DO the 2 blue as many times until a red appears w/ the 2 blue.
The wiki has no information as to whether HoT can crit so I would negate that gem.
I would stick w/ blood rage just get used to always having that or use eth knives w/ PCoC
I see no vaal double strike. That adds a ton of dps vs rares.
Heres the gem setup you need:
Helm: Arctic Armor, HoT, Wrath, Anger
Boots: CwDT (lvl 2), Enfeeble, Molten Shell, Vaal Double Strike
Gloves: CwDT (lvl 1), Arctic Breath, Vengence, PCoC
Weapon1: Whirling Blades, Enduring Cry, Blood Magic
Weapon2: Ice Golem, Blood Rage, CwDT (1/3 hp)
*note if you insist in safety over blood rage dps, switch blood rage w/ blind

Looks like your not using self-cast enduring cry or fortify with whirling blades. Fortify is definately needed. Enduring cry does not CwDT anymore.

Each piece of gear should have at least 60 hp and a resist and able to at least craft a 2nd resist.

*Statwise HP is what you need on everything. Since you are melee you need a high hp pool to prevent getting 1-shot be hard hitters such as Vaal and Dom. Capping ele resists are the second priority. After that, your damage mods will be important such as additional weapon elemental damage and speed. Armor is needed least because of both acrobatics and the cast when damage taken setup.

I keep 1 healing flask that is not instant on me. I keep the habit of always popping that flask after I enduring cry.

You also may want to try using a shield if you need a bit more hp.

What specifically are you having trouble with? With the higher maps you really need crit and surgeons flasks and it takes a butt-load of grinding to get to that point. watch the vid on attack techniques. Get in the habit of whirl in- hit enduring cry and vaal double strike if there is a rare.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Last edited by YeahPete on Sep 14, 2015, 9:18:28 PM
I agree that Fortify (on Whirling Blades) definitely makes a big difference with regard to survivability. In addition to what was said already, Vaal Grace (with Increased Duration) can be a big life-saver as well - just Whirl out of bad situations, activate it, and whirl back in. I prefer Vaal Haste over Vaal Double Strike which hasn't done much for me with this build (and Haste increases the life gain even further) but that's preference really.

Attack speed is also a bit low on the claws. With lots of flat damage added from auras, you would get equal or better DPS with weapons having 1.9+ attack speed but lower damage - and it would also allow you to get back more life per second with the life gain on hit implicit. I originally underestimated the importance of the life gained back per second but even seemingly small increases can keep you alive.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
What a guide! I read it like a kid who is opening his Christmas present. (if that makes any sense at all...)
I am going to start this build right away and follow every bit of steps of it. (it s updated for 2.0 properly, right?)
why no HoA nor Hatred?
like in most builds...

..not that I am complaining :)
Both Herald of Ashes and Hatred scale off physical damage (opposed to the other Heralds, Wrath and Anger). This build doesn't increase physical damage from weapons so their effect would be not as great as in many other melee builds. It goes for a lot of flat elemental damage, which adds up to good damage with high attack speed and increased weapon elemental damage (from tree and gear). So the auras already used are a lot more important than Hatred or Herald of Ashes.

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Thank you for your reply.
I understand. Obvious :)

I am currently following this build and am having a blast.
I like the concept and will try to develop around it.

That is my usual setup but tweaked for this build.

***6L Molten Strike / Multistrike / Weapon Elemental Damage / Faster Attacks / Critical Chance / Blood Magic

***4L Leap Slam or Whirlwind(?) / Faster Attack / Fortify / Blood Magic

***4L Cast when Damage Taken / Enduring Cry / Immortal Call / Increased Duration

***4L Vengeance / Stun / Endurance Charge on Melee Stun / Innervate

***3L Herald of Thunder / Curse on Hit / Assassin's Mark

***3L Anger or Wrath(?) / Arctic Armor / Golem (which?)

***maybe vaal hast on a ring.

Any constructive feedback appreciated :) -playing in Hardcore-
Last edited by HuXiao on Sep 23, 2015, 4:50:17 AM
Looks good! Some minor points:

Sadly, Enduring Cry doesn't work with Cast When Damage Taken anymore (it's a warcry not a spell now).

If critical strikes are important to you (they aren't to me with this build) then I'd use Ice Golem, otherwise Chaos Golem. If you're playing hardcore, Enfeeble might also be better than Assassin's Mark.

I'm not convinced that Vengeance will stun very often since this build relies on many smaller hits and doesn't have that much damage per hit. Try it out, if you don't get many charges from it I'd very much recommend Vaal Grace + Vaal Haste + Increased Duration instead.

"
I am going to start this build right away and follow every bit of steps of it. (it s updated for 2.0 properly, right?)
yup

"
I am currently following this build and am having a blast.
I like the concept and will try to develop around it.
sweet please continue to post feedback. this build will definately be viable in the 1 month flashback as well but a shield will likely be best for that league.

"
***6L Molten Strike / Multistrike / Weapon Elemental Damage / Faster Attacks / Critical Chance / Blood Magic
I think thats the same gems there

"
***4L Leap Slam or Whirlwind(?) / Faster Attack / Fortify / Blood Magic
WHIrling blades not whirlwind. Not sure if you meant cyclone, but need a quick movement skill

"
***4L Cast when Damage Taken / Enduring Cry / Immortal Call / Increased Duration
this does not work anymore since enduring cry is now a warcry.

"
***4L Vengeance / Stun / Endurance Charge on Melee Stun / Innervate
I found the innervate combo does not work well. But you can get onslaught buff from a passive right near point blank keystone. This keystone is called "Graceful Assault".

"
***3L Herald of Thunder / Curse on Hit / Assassin's Mark
I'm not a fan of that because you won't be cursing some bosses and those are the ones that need cursed. I use Enfeeble as well you will find endgame shit hits very hard. Also worth noting. CwDT + a curse is beneficial because you get hit once by an enemy and it will curse the whole mob as opposed to herald of thunder cursing one enemy at a time.

"
***3L Anger or Wrath(?) / Arctic Armor / Golem (which?)
I prefer Wrath for it's shock properties. You'll need cwDT to cast golem and Blood rage.

"
***maybe vaal hast on a ring.
I like vaal double strike it provides both a decoy, additional damage, and you can store up multiple charges so I am able to use it whenever I want instead of waiting for charges.

"
Any constructive feedback appreciated :) -playing in Hardcore-
I posted my personal recommendations but it's just how I've felt through my experimentation what works best. A shield w/ hella hp would work well w/ this build for flashback.

I recommend you just copy my gem combo:
Spoiler

I hope you have fun I have no time to play for now though.

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Last edited by YeahPete on Sep 23, 2015, 9:43:28 PM
im not sure i understand why u dropped the GMP gem?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
im not sure i understand why u dropped the GMP gem?!
Because it's not all about damage (you don't need anything over 25k dps) and you don't leech any additional life anymore. The additional crit chance allows you to permanently sustain specialized flasks such as:

This is especially important because you can completely nullify many mods in alched maps even to the point of I don't even Identify rare maps I find. I just do them because after I enter, I check the mods and grab the potions I need to completely negate dangerous mods like shocked ground, any curse, reflect, chelled ground, ect.... I can just use two of these specialized flasks. And they make map bosses much easier.

For dominus boss, I use that topaz flask.
For Academy I use the granite.
If I need chaos resists I have my Amethyst flask.
On reflect maps, I use that jade flask to evade more.
On maps where I have a curse on me, I use that ruby flask.
I chilled ground maps I use a quicksilver that has chill immunity.

I have many combinations of these flasks with different mods allowing me to not ID rare maps I find. So far, I have not encountered an unid rare map I couldn't do. But like I said I don't play much I'm still on 74 maps. I entered an unid blood magic map, it automatically turns off your last aura so you don't die so you don't have to be afraid of this.

remember before you enter a map check out the boss and see what type of damages he does and prepare accordingly. Academy map is definitely one to skip if you don't have the hp/dps. I plan on making an endgame video but still too much going on right now.

This build is definitely viable in the 1mo flashback coming up. I recommend a shield offhand and just 3 auras (Arctic Armor, Wrath, Herald of Thunder) and not even getting the aura nodes or using Alpha's for that league.

My Guides
Last edited by YeahPete on Sep 26, 2015, 8:24:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info