[2.0] YeahPete's Hardcore Elemental Molten Striker | custom Loot Filter | Affordable

Excellent build. Can You link Your current gear + gem set? Thank You very much.
"
I value the Surgeon's flasks well but I have a hard time justifying taking crit nodes/using the crit chance gem just because of them.
I think the specialized flasks are absolutely necessary if you want to be able to solo the end game bosses. You can get crit multiplier on rings and amulets and weapon but I don't have the resources to buy any of that perfect gear.

"
your critical strikes don't have that much effect since you don't have lot of multiplier
Assassins Mark gives alot of crit multiplier once your able to run dual curses. But I already kill most stuff before they even get cursed.

"
enhance the ignite effect from the fire damage in a meaningful way
Ignite is for big slow hits.

"
Do you think Doryani's Catalyst as offhand weapon would work or is the loss of implicit life gain on hit for that weapon too big
I'm using that weapon at the moment. It adds huge DPS and allows leap slam instead of whirling blades.

"
0.2% life leech doesn't really make much difference it seems.
If I'm doing 80k dps that amounts to approx 1600 regen per sec. But lets say we only do 40k dps because of resist and such that still 800 hp per second per enemy in addition to implicate life on hit with claws. Doryani is definately the way to go.

"
Excellent build. Can You link Your current gear + gem set? Thank You very much.

IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Thanks again for your reply! I haven't been able to put the build into practice yet for lack of an affordable elemental claw (I'm online at strange times only) but I will.

In fact, I'm thinking of not using crit strikes altogether and taking Resolute Technique (not far from my path), a node I like a lot for melee with on-hit effects since I only hve 80% chance to hit at the moment. But I'll have to put it into practice before that.

Have you tried Hypothermia to support Molten Strike? With both Arctic Armour, and Arctic Breath linked to CWDT (which I have) enemies should be chilled most of the time, and good more multipliers are always very welcome. It would have to replace Faster Attacks in my five-link - it looks kinda situational but could be very powerful especially against bosses.

I think you should mention somewhere in the first post that this build has to use Blood Magic as support gem. It really wants lots of Auras (at lvl 85 with Alpha's and both aura clusters I can exactly support Wrath, two Heralds, and Arctic Armour leaving me with zero mana) and there's no other way to support 5 attacks/second at 40 mana an attack without blood magic. The only ways to do it would be Gemini Claws (which might be worth looking into) or Thief's Torment (not sure about it). Warlord's Mark would also give substantial mana leech (not only from physical damage) but is too slow, so I think Blood Magic is a requirement.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
Have you tried Hypothermia to support Molten Strike?
I have not tried it. Since I really think I need critical strikes in my build. I already do 57k tooltip damage which amounts to over 123k single target damage. We don't really need any more damage.

I think your route will likely do more damage, but with these new changes in the high end maps I think we need surgeons flasks to be able to do solo endgame content.

If you do hypothermia and resolute technique I would look into soul taker siege axe as offhand. That axe has a chance to chill and then you can remove blood magic. With the extra points you will have to not invest in crit you can invest into physical damage nodes. You can also use Hatred, Herald of Ash, and Herald of Ice Aura's. But you will not shock.

There are lots of ways to do this build, but I believe the elemental route to be the easiest and crit to be the most effective at survival (due to surgeons flasks).

What league are you? I'm sure there are plenty of weapons available.

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Last edited by YeahPete on Aug 28, 2015, 8:12:58 PM
I think I'll stick with the elemental route but forego crit strike for the moment. I didn't take Resolute Technique as it was too many points but took a couple of accuracy nodes. I got myself a mediocre claw since there are good ones for little currency (I'm on Standard) but their owners are never around. Together with Catalyst, it put me at nearly 16k DPS at level 85, which I'm sure can be gotten up to 20k with a better weapon. Which is decent.

On the whole, I'm especially impressed with the defense of the build - I have 5.8k life (took the whole Scion life wheel) / 30% evasion / 40% dodge / 44% spell dodge (Atziri's Step) / Arctic Armour. I'm not sure which curse to use with CWDT (I won't go for double) - best ones seem to be Enfeeble / Elemental Weakness / Warlord's Mark. While the first two have obvious advantages, I really like Warlord's as it provides both substantial leech (to tank present threats) and charges (to tank future threats).

Oh, and Elemental Equilibrium maps are painfully slow to clear.

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Aug 30, 2015, 5:56:24 PM
Hi, i really like your build, thanks for the time you spend.
I would like to buy my first useful unique in poe. (my goal is to buy alpha but too expensive right now for me xD)

Is Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt worth buying ?
I wonder if the balls from molten hit with lighting too from my weapon and wrath ?
If yes maybe i could take a cheap lighting version.
Since the balls from Molten Strike are classified as an attack (using a weapon), both the bonus from Wrath/Heralds as well as the elemental damage added by your weapon will apply. However, I think it will be hard to get enough damage only from lightning - the beauty of the build is that you can stack a lot of different elemental damages which all get multiplied by the Weapon Elemental Damage gem, increased weapon elemental damage on gear and a number of passives. There are a couple of rather expensive items which add lots of lightning damage though.

Alpha's Howl is not that expensive (1.5 Exalted - gotta love Standard where you can get one for 5 Chaos) and useful for a number of builds. The build is not SUPER-cheap if you want to do high-level maps - I spent about six Exalted for the gear required in the cheap Standard league, most of that for 5-linked Belly + Doryani's Catalyst + claws with high elemental damage.

What I also appreciate about this build is that the templar tree allows for up to five Jewel sockets within very easy reach (one or no passive point between in each case). It's not too hard to get powerful Jewels (attack speed while dual wielding, melee damage, life etc.).

Last edited by scrooge999 on Sep 1, 2015, 1:56:33 PM
Thanks for the reply scrooge. Btw i m playing on warbands.
I managed to trade all my currency for the Alpha's Howl (my first "big" buy ever :) ), this is great dps wise and really fun with the auras :D
But due to the lack of res on the Alpha i m not capped anymore (i had all my res on helmet __' )
I saw Atziri's Step are cheap so i will try if it's better to have max res or dodge chance (i guess both but it will be hard ^^).
I also use the herald of thunder + curse on hit cause it feels so good, when i reach lvl 85 i ll do elemental weakness + assassin mark or enfeeble.
I wonder if the accuracy is important cause i have less than 85% (lvl 81) and i don t feel like missing a lot, even my curse on hit proc a lot without any crit chance nods or on my claws.

Well thanks again for your build, first time i get so far and it's really fun to try to improve.

My current setup (i m kinda screw right know with sockets)
"
Last edited by zeracoa64 on Sep 1, 2015, 5:03:28 PM
"
My current setup (i m kinda screw right know with sockets)
Sweet claws. Looks like you have a bunch of master crafts open on most of your items. You can craft the resists you need. First do the boots belt and gloves, then see what you can craft on those rings and amulet. I see you have open green slots. You really need a vaal double strike. You will be like wow I've been missing out this whole time.

I prefer CoDT to curse on hit. Just my preference I guess. I also think I cleared faster taking the onslaught keystone passive instead of dual curses. But for atziri and nasty single target bosses, double curse is teh way to go. Triple Curse if you can manage an amulet would be Ludicrous.

"
Well thanks again for your build, first time i get so far and it's really fun to try to improve.
Yes this is the most fun I've ever had with a build as well and the power just keeps growing.

"
What I also appreciate about this build is that the templar tree allows for up to five Jewel sockets within very easy reach (one or no passive point between in each case). It's not too hard to get powerful Jewels (attack speed while dual wielding, melee damage, life etc.).
Yes this is very important. W/ 5 jewels we can get another 50% attack speed and 35%hp. This could put us to 7k hp. I am looking for some of these jewels in standard right now. I have a few unique jewels but I will swap them w/ speed/hp jewels.

I haven't really played in a while I may get to play a bit today. Still trying to get flasks together here. I just need a Surgeons Topaz Flask of Grounding and a Surgeons Ruby Flask of whatever the suffix that cancels curses. Trying to level a life on hit gem for the Trio as well. Not sure if it's needed but I'm not the most skilled player so I want to experiment to see if we can just facetank these guys. I need to level a grace as well.

"
Oh, and Elemental Equilibrium maps are painfully slow to clear.
They're not too bad once you get the dps up there. I tested a few reflect maps. Not bad at all even at 57k dps. Best flask in this situation is Surgeons Jade Flask w/ more evasion so you evade most of the damage.

My Guides
Vaal Grace (supported by Increased Duration) definitely seems to belong in this build. Whenever I get in a dangerous situation or when I meet a boss, I Whirling Blades out, cast it, and go back in - this time with near invincibility. With Atziri's Step Vaal Grace puts me at 71% dodge and 75% spell dodge - coupled with 30% evasion and 10% block that means only one out of five attacks and one out of four spells hit me (and that's easily migitated by Arctic Armour + Endurance Charges + Fortify + leech).

It is a bit hard to overcap resistances with Atziri's Step but two of my Jewels have various resistances on it to make it easier.

I'm sitting at 23k DPS at lvl 86 at the moment. I have a pretty good claw

(a bit low on attack speed but I still do over seven attacks/second) as well as Catalyst and elemental damage increase on all my jewellery so I'm not sure how to increase damage further besides getting quality on a few of my gems. I've taken quite a number of damage nodes (elemental/melee/attack speed) as well. I can do 76 maps but beyond that maybe the damage is a bit too low.

Last edited by scrooge999 on Sep 2, 2015, 5:05:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info