Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

@ciggaro:

Firestorm scales linearly in number of balls dropped in its duration by Increased Duration. Hence, assuming for the sake of argument that enemies live long enough to be hit by balls throughout the duration, Increased Duration is effectively a More multiplier on its total damageoutput over time.

The Potency of Will cluster (45% Increased Duration) is - by far - the best way to increase the damage of the spell for the skill point investment cost of those available to the Dy'Ness build.

This is also why the Increased Duration support gem is the strongest support gems for Firestorm after Spell Echo and Fire Penetration. It is so strong that even with the Potency of Will cluster, the total damage dealt over time would be greater if Dy'Ness ran L20q20 Increased Duration rather than L4 Empower, as discussed previously, but in that case it is a tradeoff between delivering harder hits up front and doing more damage over time --- and the former is preferable for PvP and some PvE situations, where the latter is preferable for other PvE situations. So if you do both PvE and PvP Empower is the obvious choice; If not, it depends on what situations you generally face.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
@ciggaro:

Firestorm scales linearly in number of balls dropped in its duration by Increased Duration. Hence, assuming for the sake of argument that enemies live long enough to be hit by balls throughout the duration, Increased Duration is effectively a More multiplier on its total damageoutput over time.

The Potency of Will cluster (45% Increased Duration) is - by far - the best way to increase the damage of the spell for the skill point investment cost of those available to the Dy'Ness build.

This is also why the Increased Duration support gem is the strongest support gems for Firestorm after Spell Echo and Fire Penetration. It is so strong that even with the Potency of Will cluster, the total damage dealt over time would be greater if Dy'Ness ran L20q20 Increased Duration rather than L4 Empower, as discussed previously, but in that case it is a tradeoff between delivering harder hits up front and doing more damage over time --- and the former is preferable for PvP and some PvE situations, where the latter is preferable for other PvE situations. So if you do both PvE and PvP Empower is the obvious choice; If not, it depends on what situations you generally face.

Thank you for the very thorough and fast response Pi2rEpsilon! Much appreciated :)
Greetings!

"
Detroilen wrote:
Hey Dyness! The build is going great and I am up to 12k ES with a couple more ES nodes to pick up and a Shavrones Ring too. But I was trying to theory craft a possible better damage output for a main skill. Do you have any ideas? Or have you thoroughly tested all of the skills?

I have not thoroughly tested all of the possible skills. I did try out fireball, flameblast and cold snap (Fun! But requires:
). I found I enjoyed a spell which is more of an indirect fire. Meaning I cast it and it appears where I cast and does not fly from me to location. Especially when that range is at the edge of my screen. The Totem in The Ledge can be killed with firestorm without ever putting your character in danger... Firestorm has been one of my favorite spells and it deals a decent chunk of damage. It is also easier to survive a reflect map using firestorm than it is flameblast. The only real downsides I have had is people move out of it and tempest shield reflects in PVP. For PVE it has been corrupting blood setups.

Overall, you can use almost any spell you want.

"
ciggaro wrote:
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
@ciggaro:

Thank you for the very thorough and fast response Pi2rEpsilon! Much appreciated :)

Thank you Pi2rEpsilon. You beat me to it.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Aug 3, 2015, 9:20:46 PM
It struck me, Dy'Ness, that with your options for acquiring better gear somewhat limited due to the extremely high quality of the gear you already have (apart from your mainhand - Doryani's Catalyst is beaten by top firedamage%/castspeed/added x-y to fire spells now that you don't need to whack stuff with your MH to gain mana when you are dry due to your Shavronne corruption), you might be interested in a gear challenge that is easy to approach but harder to accomplish.

The challenge is to acquire a good ES/MaximumES%/(dex/res/int) amulet that is corrupted with the +1 curse corruption, which is exclusive to amulets and one of the 25 possible amulet corruptions.

That would allow you to run Enfeeble/Temporal Chains or Enfeeble/Warlord's Mark without dedicating a single skill point to it or giving up ES (other than 4-5% ES from a possible INT implicit on amulet).
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
This looks incredibly original to me. Charan sold me on it, the more I look at it though im even more into it. Will be giving this a shot. 18k ES dear god man O.o
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Greetings!

I updated the main posting, only the Hall Of Grand Masters section though. It is probably my last update for awhile as I am working to resetup my summoner and that means ripping gear off this toon.

"
TheWretch wrote:
This looks incredibly original to me. Charan sold me on it, the more I look at it though im even more into it. Will be giving this a shot. 18k ES dear god man O.o

Thank you. All I am going to say about my submission, at least until it shows up, is 19,320 ES, 3815 Regen, Lvl 96. It is very similar to the build posted on page 1 with a few PvP specific modifications.

@Pi2rEpsilon, I took a quick look at POE.trade and didnt see anything worth my while ammy wise with that modification. And I would rather not spend the Ex to buy an amulet to corrupt it and destroy something great. I do believe a second curse would be a great help. I would be open to purchasing an amulet with that mod and some amazing stats, assuming it meets my Dex, ES and resistance minimums.

~Dy'Ness
"
DyNess wrote:

@Pi2rEpsilon, I took a quick look at POE.trade and didnt see anything worth my while ammy wise with that modification. And I would rather not spend the Ex to buy an amulet to corrupt it and destroy something great. I do believe a second curse would be a great help. I would be open to purchasing an amulet with that mod and some amazing stats, assuming it meets my Dex, ES and resistance minimums.

Well, I did say the challenge was easy to approach, harder to accomplish. :D

I certainly love running dual-curse in my Scionic Flametank variant of your build, and if you would like to try it out before eventually acquiring a relevant amulet, it only requires a minor build tweak:

Slightly modified level 96 tree for you

+20 STR
-50 INT
-3% cast speed
-8% elemental damage

Yes, I know you hate losing ES, but 10% MaxEs is around, what, 340-360 ES to you? And compared with adding the benefits of Warlord's Mark or Temporal Chains on top of Enfeeble to anything dangerous that isn't curse-immune, it appears a great tradeoff to me.
Greetings!

I played the summoner for a day or two and was bored and wanted this guy back.
It is a clearing of the current Hall of Grand Masters, which has only one path. But it is still a fair test.
http://youtu.be/jF8ANNdsf-0

Ok, now for why this video was recorded...
As you can see by the clock in the lower left area, it is 02:12. As in almost a quarter past 2 in the morning. I have been drinking all night. The Sarn Arena is empty and I get this WONDERFUL idea that I should run the Hall of Grand Masters... and record it. What could POSSIBLY go wrong with this idea? This is the GREATEST idea EVER!

~Dy'Ness
Last edited by DyNess on Aug 14, 2015, 9:12:14 PM
How do you deal with being stunned? And if you simply don't care for being stunned, why not use Cast when Stunned? I feel like every mob can stun me quite easily, so it'd be triggering like every 4th hit.
IGN: DatInternet
Greetings!

"
Xybb wrote:
How do you deal with being stunned? And if you simply don't care for being stunned, why not use Cast when Stunned? I feel like every mob can stun me quite easily, so it'd be triggering like every 4th hit.

I never really thought about it. There have been one or two players who could stun lock me, but that was the extent. For the most part I just tank through it and let the CWDT handle it.

I have not looked into the Cast When Stunned, as I didnt consider it an issue. I will have to level one up and see just how often it triggers.

~Dy'Ness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info