[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Greetings!

@IsCakeEvil, I typically went CI as soon as I could feasibly manage it. Around 3000-5000 ES is a good starting estimate. Lower if you are playing in normal, higher if you are playing Hard Core.

As far as the CWDT gems:
-For the curse, you can keep it at a low level (1-4), to ensure you are covering everything as soon as it hits you.
-For the damage, you will want them higher. The higher the level, the more damage they deal, but you also need a regen along with enough ES to absorb that damage. I would recommend a gem with damage taken starting around 1/3 of your total ES pool. Assuming you have the regen to quickly replace that. If you do not take that much damage often, then slightly lower. If you take more damage more often, then you can raise the level from there.

Currently all of my CWDT are lvl 20 and 21 to maximize the effect I get from all of the supported gems.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Dyness, are you the guy on twitch who lived in Georgia and went to waffle house?
Quick question, wouldn't Witch be better with the starting point?
Greetings!

The Witch starting point would work as well. As far as it being a better starting point, I guess you could say that. Some if it would depend on what you needed early on, when leveling up the character. But late game, it would be slightly better.

As far as twitch, I do not have an account with them. I do not live in Georgia and I have been to a waffle house once. Now I am hungry for waffles though...

~Dy'Ness
Great build and I am leveling a character now to run it but I had a few questions. For some one who has a good amount of exalts but not mirror level what would you recommend? Buying a 700 es chest and then 6 linking it (700+ 6L ES chests are 50+ exalts and not that great of resists on poe.trade) or possibly a Atziri's Splendor (5ex) and 6 linking it?
Last edited by Detroilen on Jul 28, 2015, 12:53:02 AM
Greetings!

Detroilen, yes Atziri's Splendor would be a good one to get. Based on the rolls and whether or not you wanted to spend the orbs to re-roll them to be better could make a very nice item. In addition, the mana gained on kill might solve any mana issues you run into allowing you to use something else instead of a mana leech gem.

~Dy'Ness
Hey, I was wondering, what do you think about the Energy Shield on Shield node, +40% ES from shield.
"
Starfires wrote:
Hey, I was wondering, what do you think about the Energy Shield on Shield node, +40% ES from shield.

Bad compared to a generic 6% MaxES node in ES tank builds unless your shield is better than the rest of your gear.

The mathematics are simple. 6% of the base ES from Discipline affected by AuraEffect and the base ES of all items including the shield is usually greater than 40% of the base ES of the shield unless you happen to have got your hands on a great ES shield while the rest of your equipment is a bit lacking.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Hey Dyness! The build is going great and I am up to 12k ES with a couple more ES nodes to pick up and a Shavrones Ring too. But I was trying to theory craft a possible better damage output for a main skill. Do you have any ideas? Or have you thoroughly tested all of the skills?
Hi Dyness!
Playing this build on warbands and absolutely loving it.

I have just one minor question if you could answer. What does the potency of will cluster do for your build? I dont quite understand it and havent managed to read anything about it on your posts.

Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info