Kickstarter Campaign for PoE's Optional Self Found League!

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Lundh wrote:
As said before, you can already do self-found. That was GGG's final response to the matter which is why they never answer to anymore of these posts that pop up almost weekly.

Spot on.

Denial is a powerful thing. This thread is proof of that.
Agreed. What this community really needs more of is people giving up on things they find important.
"
Magnicon wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Lundh wrote:
As said before, you can already do self-found. That was GGG's final response to the matter which is why they never answer to anymore of these posts that pop up almost weekly.

Spot on.

Denial is a powerful thing. This thread is proof of that.
Agreed. What this community really needs more of is people giving up on things they know for a fact GGG dont think are important.

FTFY

Spoiler
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jan 10, 2015, 7:20:25 PM
"

if you dont want increased drops, why would you want a SFL?

Why do you keep asking the same, stupid questions? You already have numerous answers right here in this thread - if you know how to read.

"If you can delete your character whenever you want, why do you want a HC league?"
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
@ wretch

Its exceedingly rude to quote someone's post then alter the words within. Someone could easily mistake the modified contents as the original poster's thoughts. Bad pool, and poor behavior, imo.
"
"
CrazylikE wrote:
I would love a SFL if nothing else was changed, I dont want increased drop rates etc.

I would not donate though, because I dont think it would help us get a SFL sadly. Guess we're stuck with the start of new leagues where you have to live with what you get which is awesome.

if you dont want increased drops, why would you want a SFL? You do know you are not forced to trade or party or any of the sort. So its really about some SFL ladder i guess, i could be wrong though.

Of course I know that you are not forced to do anything, unless you think competing is part of the fun. When I start in new leagues, I always keep my eye on how im doing compared to others in terms of ranks and I enjoy it. I always try to be fast and do my best to keep up with the fastest, and even though I am not completely up there among the best, I enjoy the competition. However, as time goes on and many people start to trade heavily the fun goes away for me, cause I dont like trading and thus I am at a huge disadvantage. Especially in HC because when you are trying to be fast it really helps if you can trade to get better gear and maxing resists and getting more health and so on. Either you trade or you farm/craft and its pretty obvious to me that trading will always win because you just go to poe.trade and you find the exact peace of item you need to get your resists in order and you move on. This also shortens the game and makes it boring a lot faster imo.

Maybe you think I am dumb, silly or whatever because this is what I think/feel, be my guest, but it wont change how I think/feel about it. Dirk wanted to know, I answered the best I can with my limited English capabilities and thats all I can do.

Regardless, I love PoE and I wouldnt have played it for 3-4k hours if I didnt find it fun, however I think SFL would make it even better.

SFL in my opinion would reset every so often like the challenge leagues.

Edit: I would just like to add that I traded like a madman in the previous league, Beyond. I did this because I wanted to be among the first 50 to get 8/8. It was painful, but I did it and I had to do it, and I made it. I am saying this so that you can keep your arguments about me being bad to trade away. Trading is not hard, its just boring and not fun for me, please understand this.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Jan 10, 2015, 7:39:54 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
However, I wondered if it might be worthwhile to start a player-generated kickstarter campaign to gather financial support to aid GGG in developing their own vision of an optional but indefinite self found league (SFL).

I really doubt it's the funding that's stopping this from happening.

All of your reasons here would be equally satisfied with a challenge, ladder or a badge system instead of a new league. In fact if playing Self-Found is all you're after, those would probably be better because then you wouldn't have to miss out on challenge league content etc if you wanted to play that way.

The only reason to have a new league would be for increased drop rates or some other concession to make the game easier to play without trading. This would then require all the content to be balanced around it in order for the game to still be fun, challenging or satisfying. It'd also remove one of the key methods by which players can mitigate bad RNG, and get access to gear for the builds they want to play.

So I just don't think this will result in the things you want it to result in.
Last edited by TimePyradox on Jan 10, 2015, 7:36:24 PM
A league without trading or item sharing/transferring of any kind would require much better drop quality to be anything beyond a monumental time sink. The reward/progression per unit time is abysmal for legit solo play.

Given all the multihack tools, million+ thread viewer awareness, bots, RMT, and the absence of mass bans, PoE is at a point where it's difficult to see any net user benefit to online-only.

I'd rather have an offline version of the game. At least then latency would be a non-issue, and I could enjoy content created by the modding community.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
@ wretch

Its exceedingly rude to quote someone's post then alter the words within. Someone could easily mistake the modified contents as the original poster's thoughts. Bad pool, and poor behavior, imo.

that's nice, report me.

too bad the ToU dont revolve around your opinions.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jan 10, 2015, 9:18:29 PM
No way, man. Peace & love. Peace & love.
This, I do not understand. Just start a self found guild! Becaues that's the only people who are going to want to play in such a league is you and your friends. Who wants to limit their ability to build to pure RNG? And then find mountains of gear (good gear) that they'll never use?

Well maybe you do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info