Mechanics thread

"
Hipnotyzer wrote:
Thanks for your reply, it clarifies things for me. I see now that I misunderstood some things which led to my confusion - so thanks again for taking your time to write reply for my a bit silly question.

No problem, I forgot to add a smiley to the end of my post. There have been sillier questions :P
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
What is the relationship between %increased area of effect and +x to weapon range for cyclone. I am trying to work out how i can get the maximum aoe for cyclone and as far as i can gather, atziri's disfavour would be my best weapon to use compared to ones with %increased area of effect like starforge.

Is there a formula we can use to work it out? Since i hear that the more %increased area of effect you get, the less effective it is.
"
Ravenstaver wrote:
What is the relationship between %increased area of effect and +x to weapon range for cyclone. I am trying to work out how i can get the maximum aoe for cyclone and as far as i can gather, atziri's disfavour would be my best weapon to use compared to ones with %increased area of effect like starforge.

Is there a formula we can use to work it out? Since i hear that the more %increased area of effect you get, the less effective it is.

weapon range determines base AoE radius (2 (characters radius) + weapon range + additional range from tree or gear)

increase AoE modifiers no longer increase radius. It increases the area (PI * sqr(radius)) which means that stacking AoE modifiers becomes very ineffective at some point.. I recommend using some spreadsheet to determine radius breakpoints.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
1) does atziri's promise unique flask work with avatar of fire?
2) does vaal lightning trap work with avatar of fire?
"
kompaniet wrote:
1) does atziri's promise unique flask work with avatar of fire?

yes, you will get the chaos resist but since you cant deal non-fire damage added damage and chaos leech will have no effect

"
2) does vaal lightning trap work with avatar of fire?

yes, damage gets converted to fire and it will leave shocked ground
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Apr 23, 2017, 7:51:08 AM
Hi, I wanna ask If i wanna play ST with Point blank + Far Shot , is this 2 combo work well? Because I don't really know is that good if I get both of them.
Does the increased item rarity support gem apply to the monster's loot dropped if

1. enemy is killed by a hit that isn't linked to IIR
2. enemy is affected by damage over time when it died, and the skill that caused the DoT is linked to IIR support
Is there any rounding done in the effective stun threshold calculation? It's one area where rounding would cause useful breakpoints, for example:

129% reduced enemy stun threshold = -0.92x effective stun threshold
140% reduced enemy stun threshold = -0.93x effective stun threshold
155% reduced enemy stun threshold = -0.94x effective stun threshold

If effective stun threshold is rounded to two decimal places, then there'll be ranges where more of the stat doesn't make a difference, until the next increment of +/- 0.01x effective stun threshold is reached.
Hey there, playing a dark pact spell totem hiero atm.
i lately saw that increased totem life doesnt increase the tooltip DPS as it should.
Tell me if im wrong, but a dark pact spell totem would scale off totem life, wouldnt it?
Dark Pact does not factor in Damage from Life sacrificed, due to it not being a fixed value (if the Totem only has 10 Life, Dark Pact cannot sacrifice more than 9 Life).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info