Mechanics thread

"
avreolko wrote:
Question about Oni-Goroshi.
How it works with totems? With Ancestral Bond, can my totems get Her Blessing buff? As I see totem get green glow when crits, but it didn't take any fire damage over time.
Thanks.

The totem gets Her Blessing, but it has no effect on it. Totems use your offensive stats, not their own. [Edit] The ailment immunity should work on the totem though. The added fire damage won't.

The damage over time is not a direct effect of Her Blessing. It is inflicted by the sword itself, while you have Her Blessing as a buff. Since the totem isn't actually wielding the sword, it does not get the damage.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Dec 29, 2017, 12:03:07 PM
Hey guys. I have a small doubt. I am planning to start a spark build but i am confused what node to take to make the damage better for spark.. Should i take lightning damage or projectile damage.
"
yoman9 wrote:
Hey guys. I have a small doubt. I am planning to start a spark build but i am confused what node to take to make the damage better for spark.. Should i take lightning damage or projectile damage.

Since Spark is a Spell that creates Projectiles that deal Lightning damage, any of the following modifiers will affect it at the same rate:

- Damage
- Spell Damage
- Projectile Damage
- Lightning Damage
- Elemental Damage.

So, for example, 10% increased Projectile Damage will have exactly the same effect as 10% increased Lightning Damage.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jan 8, 2018, 12:54:47 PM
ahh will have same effect i see?? so it will effect from herald of thunder too if i take lightning damage for a little better results.. right.. Thank's man. Cuz was thinking going non crit templar spark with mind over matter and divine guidance for defence and lot of mana regen and plane damage stack with hp nodes. Failed on few builds due to lack of no defence ha ha..
Elder shield with "Socketed Gems are supported by Level # Cast When Damage Taken" + Necromantic Aegis.

When your minion is hit, spells in the shield and spells linked to the minion do not cast. Is this the intended functionality? Do minions gain any kind of benefit from this mod?
"
pabrt wrote:
Elder shield with "Socketed Gems are supported by Level # Cast When Damage Taken" + Necromantic Aegis.

When your minion is hit, spells in the shield and spells linked to the minion do not cast. Is this the intended functionality? Do minions gain any kind of benefit from this mod?

Necromantic Aegis only transfers bonuses from the shield itself. The minions don't have the gems that you put in your shield, and do not get any of their bonuses. (Unless the gem is linked to the minion gem of course.)

To my knowledge there is currently no way to trigger a CwDT skill when a minion takes damage. The only minion that can actually equip items as opposed to getting their bonuses is Animated Guardian, and you can't equip items with skill gems in them to an AG.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jan 13, 2018, 9:29:54 PM
I don't know how to maybe get this changed, but i noticed that on the wiki blind page the say that the dodge chance due to blind is increased as 1-0.5*(1-a) where a is your dodge chance without blind. That is correct, what i don't understand is why they don't just say that the chance of the enemy hitting you is halved:

(1-(1-0.5*(1-a))/(1-a)=0.5*(1-a)/(1-a)=0.5*(1-a)/(1-a)=0.5
If I'm using Abberath's Hooves. Does Leap Slam or Flame Dash proc abberath's fury when I land? Can't really tell while testing.
Last edited by BGeezy on Mar 22, 2018, 4:47:30 PM
Hello!
Say I'm using Stormfire("increased Burning Damage for each Enemy you have Shocked Recently") or new Dyadus("100% increased Damage with Ignites inflicted on Chilled Enemies") or anything with a similar wording. If I deal a hit that both Ignites and Shocks or Chills the enemy, will this Ignite get bonus damage from Stormfire or Dyadus?
Does Arc or Vaal Arc shock enemies if used by a spell totem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info