Mechanics thread

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Dark Pact does not factor in Damage from Life sacrificed, due to it not being a fixed value (if the Totem only has 10 Life, Dark Pact cannot sacrifice more than 9 Life).

Ah ty, then I misread the "sacrifices 6% of life to deal that much area dmg".

"That much" refers to the damage value above. Oh boy.

Mirror/Blink Arrow has 2 major issues: No aoe tag & chance to bleed doesnt apply

The landing part of the skill is an AOE, yet the skill doesnt have an AOE tag

and

atm, Chance to bleed gem doesnt apply to blink and mirror arrow

Its doesnt state " Doesnt support minions skills" so it should apply to the gem

First part of the skill is Attack and not minion damage

It should apply to Mirror and blink arrow

For those who don't know, blink and mirror arrow are 2 phase skills

First is your attack: the landing

Second is the summoning: minion

You can see this in action when you use null inclination, minions don't generation summons but landing does

It's like wild strike

Aoe gem applies but only to aoe part of the skill

In this case, if we want it to be consistent with the tag methodology, chance to bleed shoul apply to the gem but not minion
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Why doesn't the "Chance to Ignite" support gem work with Scorching Ray? Both gems have the "fire" tag, CtI says it increases the fire damage and the SR gem says it does fire damage per second.

It's very confusing and honestly unintuitive for people who don't know. All signs would point to this support gem at least doing something for Scorching Ray.
"
zankioh wrote:
Why doesn't the "Chance to Ignite" support gem work with Scorching Ray? Both gems have the "fire" tag, CtI says it increases the fire damage and the SR gem says it does fire damage per second.

Gem tags are irrelevant when it comes to Supports applying or not.
The CTI Support explicitly states "Supports any skill that hits enemies." - Scorching Ray only deals Damage over Time, which does not Hit; this means it cannot be Supported by CTI. This decision was most likely made because Ignite is inherently an on-Hit effect, and the main purpose of the Support Gem.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 1, 2017, 5:42:07 PM
Hey guys, I'm wondering about cyclone mechanics w/ respect to "when/how" the second cyclone hit goes off. Wondering because of the interaction of Flow Untethered belt (-15 to -20% cdr) and cyclone/discharge triggers.

So a lot of people like this belt because it gives the potential for more discharges per second (because it affects internal cd's like on mjolner, cospri's, or coc); however -- this might be limited by how cyclone works? So cyclone always hits twice per attack, but if the second attack immediately follows the first, is it not always just landing during the 200-250ms cd on mjolner and so will never actually trigger a discharge (specifically the second cyclone strike). Therefore, unless you have 5 attacks per second on your cyclone, you won't actually be discharging 5 times per second barring other trigger sources?

So the way I understand cyclone is you are getting two attacks off in X attack time. So let's just say two attacks every 0.25s (0.25s attack time for simplicity's sake) -- is it two attacks immediately at that 0.001 mark with a 0.25s animation, is it one attack at 0.125 and another at 0.25, or just a different way entirely? How does it work precisely? Because both these scenarios will put the second attack squarely in the mjolner 0.2-0.25 trigger internal CD window.

Can anyone clear this up for me that knows the mechanics/interaction between cyclone and discharge triggers?
Last edited by Anbokr on Sep 3, 2017, 1:59:18 PM
Does CWDT triggered spells count as "you've cast a spell recently"? (e.g. does CWDT blade vortex trigger the damage portion of Instruments of Virtue?)
"
Does CWDT triggered spells count as "you've cast a spell recently"? (e.g. does CWDT blade vortex trigger the damage portion of Instruments of Virtue?)

No, you need to actually perform the cast action.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Could it be possible to clarify the Cast on death support gem ?
My questions are : which one of those buff would increase the damage of spells casted on death ?
- Pain attunement
- Charges
- RF
- Arcane surge
Thanks in advance !
Edit: Please delete, wrong thread.
Last edited by maxwolfie on Oct 3, 2017, 7:41:04 PM
Question about Oni-Goroshi.
How it works with totems? With Ancestral Bond, can my totems get Her Blessing buff? As I see totem get green glow when crits, but it didn't take any fire damage over time.
Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info