Mechanics thread

Yes.
edit: wow. An actual double-post. Damn.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 25, 2015, 9:52:19 AM
I've read a few trapper guides but I'm not entirely clear on a few things: When I link a spell with a trap, does the spell still benefit from spell damage passives and gear bonuses?

What about trap critical nodes and spell critical nodes, how do they work together? Are there separate rolls for crits, or is it all rolled into the spell itself when the trap is sprung?

edit: Awesome, thanks Vipermagi!
Last edited by rodlopes on Mar 1, 2016, 6:20:01 PM
Yes. A Spell is still a Spell even when it's fired from a Trap.

All 'Increased Crit Chance' is added up into one big multiplier, which then multiplies your base Crit Chance. There's no difference between 20% Increased Spell Crit, 20% Increased global Crit and 20% Increased Trap Crit.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 1, 2016, 5:53:32 PM
If I have an enchantment on my gloves that does spell-like stuff on hit, does that mean i'll get 40% increased attack damage from instrument of virtue from that enchantment triggering?
Do "curse effectiveness" nodes also apply to the "other effects expire 40%" slower part of Temporal chains or only its slow%?

Example:
My temporal chains (as an aura with blasphemy) is on the enemy. I have 30% increased curse effectiveness. Now I cast contagion on an enemy which lasts 7.7 seconds according to the tooltip (got some duration nodes).

Will it last 7.7 * 1.4 = 10.78 seconds or 7.7 * 1.82 = ~14 seconds? Or something else?

Last edited by zankioh on Mar 26, 2016, 9:23:56 PM
Curse effectiveness does apply to "other effects expire 40% slower" so with 30% inc curse effectiveness your temporal will cause other effects to expire;
40 * 1.3 = 52% slower.

If your Contagion has 7.7 seconds duration then expirering 52% slower makes it last;
7.7 / ( 1 - 0.52 ) ≈ 16 seconds.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Mar 26, 2016, 9:37:58 PM
Oh thanks, I was way off both on multiple levels there. That's pretty strong, good to know.
A tricky one:
Does your minions still get your shield while you are dead (necro aegis)

Dunno how to test it but it should work
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
WikarinaTana wrote:
A tricky one:
Does your minions still get your shield while you are dead (necro aegis)

Dunno how to test it but it should work

Probably not, your auras and item effects like dying breath turn off when you die. It should be easy to test in pvp, use a shield with a lot of ES, have your buddy kill you and then check if your pets still have ES.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info