Mechanics thread

just wanna point to natharias' compendium which, like this thread, tries to give a compact introduction to the quite complicated poe mechanics. good luck Natharias.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 10, 2015, 5:10:21 PM
Can we have an update about Static strike range plz?
"
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1241396#p10426207 :)
ty i probably miss that page by accident lol
If you convert all of your fire damage to another type, and u cast fire trap would the monsters standing in burning ground considered ignited? I'm asking to know if the damage bonus of flame surge is activated
They won't be considered Ignited unless you actually, you know, Ignite them.

They will still be taking Burning Damage though. Conversion does not apply to Damage over Time, so the Burning Ground effect goes unaltered.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
They won't be considered Ignited unless you actually, you know, Ignite them.

They will still be taking Burning Damage though. Conversion does not apply to Damage over Time, so the Burning Ground effect goes unaltered.

So flame surge will get the bonus damage? Also what if you use flame surge on mobs getting damaged by Righteous Fire?
Yes. As long as the target is taking Fire Damage over Time (also known as Burning Damage), Flame Surge will deal its bonus Damage.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 22, 2015, 4:17:13 PM
This thread should be a Sticky. Just saying.
Do monsters that cast spells use the crit chance of the spell, or the base monster crit chance (which I assume is 5%)? If so, do we know what the crit chance for Augmented Fireball is?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info