Mechanics thread

"
lclyne wrote:
Sorry if this question was already being asked before, but i couldnt find any info about socket links in dual weapons. If i have, for example, two 3-slot daggers, is there any way to make support skills from the 2-nd weapon to affect the first?

Absolutely not.

Although, if you're hell-bent on another skill with more than 4 links you can use Wings of entropy, I suppose, it's a 2H weapons with potential 6 slots but it counts as dual wielding.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Hi, I have a few case scenarios I would like to inquire about regarding priorities:

1) I wear Daresso's Defiance, and have a CWDT gem linked with Discharge. I currently have Endurance Charges up.
What happens when I get hit past the threshold of CWDT? Will I lose all my Endurance Charges from Daresso's Defiance before my CWDT can trigger Discharge, or the other way around?

2) I have Romira's Banquet and a skill linked with Power Charge on Critical. I hit a Critical Strike, what happens?

I don't have a high enough level character to test these things out, so I don't know :(
But basically, would items take priority over skill gems or vice versa?

Thanks for any help!
@porkguy
"
briyip wrote:
1) I wear Daresso's Defiance, and have a CWDT gem linked with Discharge. I currently have Endurance Charges up.
What happens when I get hit past the threshold of CWDT? Will I lose all my Endurance Charges from Daresso's Defiance before my CWDT can trigger Discharge, or the other way around?

In this situation Discharge will be triggered before you lose endurance charges from Daresso's Defiance.

"
briyip wrote:
2) I have Romira's Banquet and a skill linked with Power Charge on Critical. I hit a Critical Strike, what happens?

In this situation you gain a power charge from PCoC, then immediately lose it to Romira's (effectively doing nothing).
"
"
briyip wrote:

In this situation Discharge will be triggered before you lose endurance charges from Daresso's Defiance.

"
briyip wrote:

In this situation you gain a power charge from PCoC, then immediately lose it to Romira's (effectively doing nothing).

Thanks for the quick reply!
@porkguy
Does the "Ignited enemies you hit are destroyed" effect from the Pyre unique ring count as a shatter?
Does it work with Herald of ice?
Last edited by cezar_sl on Oct 7, 2014, 5:21:45 AM
"
cezar_sl wrote:
Does the "Ignited enemies you hit are destroyed" effect from the Pyre unique ring count as a shatter?
Does it work with Herald of ice?

It doesn't, and no.

If I use Life gain Hit support gem with frenzy and GMP will it scale the damage effectiveness of frenzy (1.1) or after GMP (0.55) ?
@RickJamesWitch

http://www.youtube.com/user/69zirc/videos
Frenzy deals 110% Base Damage, which is not Damage Effectiveness.
GMP grants 50% Less Damage, which is not Damage Effectiveness either.
"
Glowyrm wrote:
The effect is ON separately from the healing but only lasts for the recovery time stated on the flask, regardless of when the healing portion happens (so the +30 Resists only ever lasts for 3 seconds max no matter what). In other words, the healing queues up but the effect activates right away and lasts 3 seconds (or whatever the recovery rate may be).
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
There are plans to change to this version, but it's not done yet.
Has this changed since 2012?

Also, I haven't found from anywhere how much damage burning does. Could you tell? :)
"
Felerya wrote:
Has this changed since 2012?

Also, I haven't found from anywhere how much damage burning does. Could you tell? :)

No, the flask idea was probably scrapped after testing.

Burning is just a damage type and it can do any amount of damage, it's fire damage over time. A number of effects in the game can do burning damage but you were probably asking about ignite status effect, that one does 20% of fire damage in the hit that caused ignite per second for four seconds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info