Mechanics thread

"
Kaskar wrote:
Oh! Sorry, the spellcasting speed was too low, so I thought there is cooldown.
I greatly appreciate your help.

Yeah, spells can differ greatly in casting speed, for example Freezing Pulse is fast, Fireball is moderate and Ethereal is slow. You can check casting time on the skill tooltip in your action bar.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Another mechanics question. Do not want to ask in FAQ thread cause of complexity.

For example I have Ancestral Bond keystone, which says that I cnt deal damage with skills myself. And if I use Righteous Fire, that slowly burns me and enemies, will they recieve 0 damage? Or full damage because damage does not directly come from me?
Hateful post.
already asked on an ancestral bond thread somewhere. "for now" DoT still deals its damage to foes while you have ancestral bond, that'll eventually get fixed so that RF only does self damage.
for helpfulness sake, mines and traps and minions still deal thier damage because they're not "you".
edit: also all skill effects still work, such as dominating blow or infernal blow kill effects. although in infernal's case, it'll be no damage still.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Jan 27, 2013, 4:57:46 PM
So...can I be on this thread if I'm not a mechanic?:D

^^
Sometimes looking for trouble gets trouble to look for you.
"
Torin wrote:
Does anyone know when does mana regeneration bonus come into play? After fixed mana regeneration bonuses like clarity?
How does base mana regeneration work (without any passives and item bonuses to regeneratio)? I know larger your mana pool bigger the regeneration but what are exact numbers?

To expand on Kissan's answer from page 60, I made a quick graph for Energy Shield Recovery Delay:

You can see that the first "100%" gives you a 3-second decrease in cooldown time, second "100%" gives you a 1-second decrease, third "100%" gives you a 0.5-second decrease, and so on.

Only the first 100% (and maybe the second as well) seem to be really beneficial.
Last edited by timcesq on Jan 27, 2013, 4:48:50 PM
For now 105% ES cooldown recovery are in the skill tree by the way.
This makes my graph kinda forward-looking ^^'
How does partying work for experience?

If I have two people in my party at the same level close by in the same area, do we both get 100% experience or do we split the experience 50/50? If we split it, does the monster give more experience for a two player game? What about three players?

IGN : ArenaMasterSlirche
currently everyone in party gets same exp they usually get if they are close enough to the kill (within two screens away). all other information i no longer know.
How is that even possible? Have they changed something about this location or it is a bug?

Screenshot:
Spoiler
Closed beta member since 0.9.10f - 22nd of june 2012.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info