Mechanics thread

"
ezrast wrote:
"
Ola wrote:
Are the "increased elemental damage with weapons" -mods on weapons local or global?

Meaning: if i have such a mod in the main hand and i dual wield (or more precice: dual strike = both hit the same time), do both weapons get the benefit?

Percentage-based elemental damage bonuses on weapons are global (they'll even affect spells).

I did not mean "%inreased cold damage" or such, but the "% increased weapon elemental damage" mod. Those will not work with spells, since spells don´t use your weapon.

If the increased weapon elemental damage on weapons is global then good, really good.

"
ezrast wrote:
However, your test won't work with Anger/Wrath because global effects are added to attacks, not weapons. So level 1 Anger will increase the damage of each attack by 3-5 regardless of whether you're hitting with your main hand, offhand, or both in the case of Dual Strike.

Dual strike works with anger so that it doubles the effect. You kinda do 2 attacks and then the damages are added together. So anger (lvl1) adds 3-5 to "both" my attacks and thus 6-10 to dual strike and cleave. (Source: Mark on cleave skill thread). And i definitely am using this as the cornerstone of my build, works fine in lvl 45 so far.

So if anger increases both the attacks by flat 3-5 the thing i´m wondering is:
Will the +30% weapon elemental damage mod on my main hand also increase the damage my offhand does by 30%.
IGN: N_Bohr
So this is what it feels like to fail in both reading comprehension and game mechanics knowledge in one post. Think I'm done for the night.
IGN: Fiesse, Fjesse
Last edited by ezrast on Jan 27, 2013, 6:54:50 AM
Edit: seems like i also misunderstood your second post (in it´s original form) =) And it´s not even late here :D
Last edited by Ola on Jan 27, 2013, 7:08:48 AM
No no, everything you posted was right (I think); I was the one that messed up. I edited my second post after I realized it looked like I was criticizing you.
IGN: Fiesse, Fjesse
=) these game mechanics are so deep that i didn´t hesitate to believe i was wrong :D

But to answer my own question (although with an assumption):

It does not state in the prefix list that it is local, so i´ll assume its global.
(until proven wrong by getting my hands on a weapon with such mod)
"
Ola wrote:

So if anger increases both the attacks by flat 3-5 the thing i´m wondering is:
Will the +30% weapon elemental damage mod on my main hand also increase the damage my offhand does by 30%.

Of course, weapon elemental damage mods on weapons are the same ones you find on jewelry or belts, and are global. Work exactly the same as weapon elemental bonuses on passive tree. Most modifiers you find on gear are global, the only local mods are percentage increases of item base stats (defense, damage, crit, attack speed), added elemental damage on weapons and +gem level.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 27, 2013, 8:29:44 AM
Could anyone please tell me, if cast speed reduces cooldown on spells which have one, such as Ethereal Knives?
Hateful post.
"
Kaskar wrote:
Could anyone please tell me, if cast speed reduces cooldown on spells which have one, such as Ethereal Knives?

There is no way to reduce spell cooldown, not many spells have one in the first place.

Ethereal knives have no cooldown and are affected by cast speed like any other spell.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Oh! Sorry, the spellcasting speed was too low, so I thought there is cooldown.
I greatly appreciate your help.
Hateful post.
"
raics wrote:

Of course, weapon elemental damage mods on weapons are the same ones you find on jewelry or belts

Thanks! This makes more than alot of sense!

Now the only thing left to wonder is that why on earth did i make this into such a complex thing in my mind :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info