Mechanics thread

^^^
I have a question about Evasion; do monsters have their own accuracy rating? Therefore, as monsters get higher level/get higher accuracy, will you need more and more evasion rating to keep up a decent dodge chance? Or will a flat amount of ER always give a certain amount of dodge chance.
IGN: EchelonTL, neophyte
Guild: Team Liquid
It would be a little silly if your first two pieces of Evasion based gear would set you for life :P You'll need more and more Evasion as you progress through the game.
Anyone know whether freeze chance for things like cold snap is determined per case or per enemy hit? That is, if you cast it on a group of enemies, will it freeze some and not others?
IGN: Iolar
"
BRavich wrote:
Anyone know whether freeze chance for things like cold snap is determined per case or per enemy hit? That is, if you cast it on a group of enemies, will it freeze some and not others?

The freeze/shock/chill/ignite chance on cold snap and other skills is applied on a per-monster basis. It is independent of crit chance.

good to know. Thanks.
IGN: Iolar
I've been away for a bit and have been updating this thread - Mark/qarl, if you get a chance, there's a couple of things I can't find the answer to:

1. What is the current party experience formula?

0.9.13e Patch Notes
"
Experience is still scaled down if the player is too high or too low level, or if there's a much higher level party member nearby. These equations have not changed.

It says the equation has not changed, but I don't know what the old one was. As I understand it the XP sharing formula was done away with.

2. What is the current PvP damage scaling formula?

0.9.13h Patch Notes
"
Rebalanced PvP damage scaling so that players generally have more survivability.

3. Is the chance to evade reflected damage based on the accuracy of the attacker, or the accuracy of the creature that is reflecting the damage?
Last edited by Malice on Jan 23, 2013, 9:26:38 PM
is it possible to have a 4link on a lvl 20 item?
"
Malice wrote:

3. Is the chance to evade reflected damage based on the accuracy of the attacker, or the accuracy of the creature that is reflecting the damage?

Reflected damage always hits but it can be reduced with armor or resists, it's one of the advantages of armor over evasion. Not a great advantage mind you, i like the ones evasion has way more.

"
Aca29 wrote:
is it possible to have a 4link on a lvl 20 item?

It's possible but not terribly important as you grow out of your gear quickly at that stage and change it too often to matter... unless you want to know for low level PvP.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 26, 2013, 9:13:52 AM
Ok I got question and I dont see answer for it in the FAQ, while it sems usefull information for me. Its actualy many questions, but they are linked to each other.

I want to know how fork, chain, pierce and aoe skills work together.

1)Can it fork from forked projectiles?
2)Can it fork from chained projectiles?
3)Can it chain from forked projectiles?
4)Can chain created projectiles pierce?
5)Can fork created projectiles pierce?
6)Can it fork from each pierced enemy hit by same projectile?
7)Can it chain from each pierced enemy hit by same projectile?
8)Will each of the action (each projectile created by this way) explode if the skill is aoe ( like lighting arrow or ice shot)?

Or just describe it in own way how the support gems interact with each other.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info