Mechanics thread

also woah, added fire damage instead of converted damage to fire works off the base physical when applying fire damage. the physical boost does not come into play for added fire damage last i was explained by a dev. converted damage you apply both physical and fire in an additive sense yes.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
also woah, added fire damage instead of converted damage to fire works off the base physical when applying fire damage. the physical boost does not come into play for added fire damage last i was explained by a dev. converted damage you apply both physical and fire in an additive sense yes.

Mark said in Hatred thread

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Xapti (if I'm understanding his post right - I am quite tired right now) is on the right track. adding a percentage of physical damage as cold absolutely does not take final physical damage, take a percentage of that, and then apply all your cold/elemental increases tot hat - that would be turning additive increases to multiplicative ones, and would be completely broken.

Adds X% of physical damage as cold damage works just like all the other damage conversion skills int he game (added fire damage gem, AoF, cold to fire support, etc).

X% of your base physical damage is added as cold damage. That damage, since it was 'converted' from physical damage, is affected by both physical and cold/elemental damage increases.

Short example:
100 base physical damage
aura adds 20% of physical damage as cold
10% elemental damage increase
20% physical damage increase
15% cold damage increase

You get 100 physical damage increased by 20%, for 120 physical, and 20 cold damage (from physical) which is increased by 45% (10 + 20 + 15) for 29 cold damage.
Last edited by Kissan on Dec 17, 2012, 4:49:02 AM
that's all the way back in march, is it still valid? also if so, then heavy blow needs rebalancing as nearly everyone uses added fire damage, there is a damage modifier of x1.5 on the skill...
I will check this when i will be home tonight.
After testing my character sheet confirm that physical damage are used with added fire damage.
This is very interesting
"
Malice wrote:
Sockets appear randomly on most equipable items. Higher level items can appear with more sockets than lower level items of the same type.
The maximum amount of sockets that can appear on an item also varies by the type of item:
  • Two handed weapons and body armour can have up to 6 sockets
  • Wands, shields, and one handed weapons can have a maximum of 3 sockets
  • Everything else can have a maximum of 4 sockets

I know many people may have asked this already, but i ask again:

what for bows? are 6 socketed bows possible?
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
"
Fhedaykin wrote:
what for bows? are 6 socketed bows possible?

Bows can have up to 6 sockets. Quivers can't have any sockets.
Edit: Bows count as 2-handed.
"@mfqxCdudknodq".map(_ + 1 toChar)
Last edited by AngryDeveloper on Dec 18, 2012, 4:35:34 AM
(It's hard to search the forums...)
Does increased damage and crit nodes apply for totems spells?
edit: nvm, found it: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/59257
IGN: Drusek
Last edited by Drusek on Dec 18, 2012, 1:56:29 PM
Questions concerning charges and totems:
Say I have a max of 5 frenzy charges, and I cast a totem...
Does my totem get the attack speed bonus? I wouldn't think so, since it can get its own charges.
If it's a ranged attack frenzy totem, would it be able to get 5 charges too?

I think the 2nd possibility should be looked into if it isn't currently possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info