Mechanics thread

"
Jezabel wrote:
because the minions themselves cast the boom from MI, my own passives do not affect that? :(
Correct. But you can get passives that increase the life of and damage dealt by your minions, which will in turn have an effect on the Minion Instability explosion.
Didnt want to make a thread about this because I'm pretty sure I know the answer. Is the damage from ignite considered burn damage? In other words, does increased burn damage passives affect ignite damage?
IGN: Iolar
"
BRavich wrote:
Didnt want to make a thread about this because I'm pretty sure I know the answer. Is the damage from ignite considered burn damage? In other words, does increased burn damage passives affect ignite damage?
I am pretty sure to know the answer as well from what I can see in the passives tree. There's a node called "Burn Duration" and it gives "30% increased ignite duration". So burn and ignite appears to be used synonymously.

edit: burning duration deals 1/3 of the dealt fire damage for a duration of 4 seconds, dealing 1/3 of the damage each second :D
https://soundcloud.com/bob-teichfischer
Last edited by 573r30 on Dec 13, 2012, 2:09:10 AM
Reason I wanted to check is because searing touch has a whopping 70% increased burn damage, which seems pretty damn powerful if it applies to ignite.
Well, what else could it possibly apply to?^^
Yes, it's two words for the same.
You ignite something, then it burns.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
It could apply to burn damage from fire trap, but I suppose that would be pretty limited.
So I may be a little late to the party on this one, or a lot late for my sake...but here's the question (totally embarrassed to have to ask this).

Say I have 50 base life.
I have a piece of gear that gives me +50 base life.
Making total life equal to 100.

I pick up a +8% life node on the passive skill tree.

1) Does this award 8 extra life based on total life, or only 4 life based on base life?

2) If I were to remove the gear piece after taking the node, assuming it adds the % to the total life, would 4 life be removed, that was awarded from the node at the time of wearing the piece of gear, or would it stay?

3) If I were to take another 8% node, how would this be added? Would it add itself to the now 104/108 life, or would it be a percentage of the 50/100 life?

Does this apply across the board for things like mana/armor/evasion/energy shield nodes?
Last edited by Elynole on Dec 14, 2012, 10:59:20 AM
Percentage-Life (and Mana, ES etc.) applies to all flat Life. When you reduce your Life amount, the gains from percentage-Life is recalculated, just like with every other percentage based bonus.

50 base, 50 from gear, 8% from passives would be 108. Add another 8% from passives, and you get +16%, or 116 total. Remove gear, and you're left with 58 (50+16%).

One thing to note is the difference between Increased and More. Both are percentage-based, but they're applied multiplicatively. Chaos Inoculation increases your Energy Shield by 50% *after* Increased Energy Shield is applied, since it's 50% More ES as opposed to 50% Increased ES.
Decreased and Less are the opposites of Increased and More. If you have 50% More ES and something gives you 20% Less ES, you have a total of 30% More ES.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 14, 2012, 11:20:08 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Percentage-Life (and Mana, ES etc.) applies to all flat Life. When you reduce your Life amount, the gains from percentage-Life is recalculated, just like with every other percentage based bonus.

50 base, 50 from gear, 8% from passives would be 108. Add another 8% from passives, and you get +16%, or 116 total. Remove gear, and you're left with 58 (50+16%).

Thank you, I guess I was just thinking into it too much. Glad the calculations are a lot simpler.
So, I've been wondering, but when an elemental curse like Frostbite increases the chance for an cold attack to freeze, does this mean the freeze is also a crit? Or does it only give an x% chance to freeze without critting?

So, for crit chance purposes, is Critical Weakness curse better than elemental curses? Because the latter add a better % at any given level, it doesn't imply that the elemental proc will be a crit.
IGNs: WuTangSlammer / PacBlood / VirtuousVice / TheGravelPit

GMT-7/UTC-8

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info