Mechanics thread

"
iao wrote:
Ah, okay. Thanks for the answer, but full calculation still isn't clear to me.

Does the damage take the previous hit as its base (meaning, the resulting number with the Point Blank modification already applied) and then add another Point Blank modification to it for the next hit?

I doubt it, but I just started using Point Blank with Chain and sometimes notice enemies of the same type die from the last bounces before those hit by the first, or at least take more damage. I'll test this out further.

point blank is recalculated from the base hit. point blank is a "more" based modifier so it happens last in the math anyways as a simple way to view it.
if it used the damage dealt last as the new base, damage would get insanely high (1.5* 1.5) to plain high (1* 1.5) damage increase (double point blank vs medium distance + point blank). which doesn't make sense.

elemental reflect sends the exact same amount and type of damage back based on how much the foe took.
I know it is overpowered and that it wouldn't make sense, but it seemed to me that it was happening. I was mainly looking for reassurance as I wasn't sure why it seemed like it was implemented. I'm still testing this.
same name in-game
well if the damage us going up like you're guessing, the devs need to check what's going on too. if you can, find a mob resistant to an attack of choice (burning arrow?) and see how much damage the final foe takes compared to the first. you could also do it in pvp grounds with friends on other team.
"
iao wrote:
I know it is overpowered and that it wouldn't make sense, but it seemed to me that it was happening. I was mainly looking for reassurance as I wasn't sure why it seemed like it was implemented. I'm still testing this.

I wasn't sure if you got what soul said initially: The new origin happens at beginning of the fork or at each chain, from where distance is recalculated. So if you hit one monster in a tightly packed group and you aren't standing right now to them, then the initial hit will do less damage than the secondary ones.
Last edited by hubb on Dec 2, 2012, 3:22:09 PM
No, I understood.
same name in-game
If you have 100% block recovery (2 50% passives for example) would that effectively remove the chance to be stunned from a blocked attack?
ign = ultrahiangle
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
If you have 100% block recovery (2 50% passives for example) would that effectively remove the chance to be stunned from a blocked attack?
No, for two reasons:
1) Stun recovery has no effect on whether you actually got stunned in the first place. It only changes how long the stun lasts. Even if you theoretically had infinite recovery speed, and thus no stun duration, you'd still be stunned (interrupting your current action), it just wouldn't last any time.
2) 100% increased stun recovery means you recover from stuns 100% faster than normal - that means twice the speed, which in turn means the duration is halved, not removed entirely. Similarly, 200% increased stun recovery means 1/3 stun duration, and so on. You can't reach a point where the stuns have no duration.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
No, for two reasons:
1) Stun recovery has no effect on whether you actually got stunned in the first place. It only changes how long the stun lasts. Even if you theoretically had infinite recovery speed, and thus no stun duration, you'd still be stunned (interrupting your current action), it just wouldn't last any time.
2) 100% increased stun recovery means you recover from stuns 100% faster than normal - that means twice the speed, which in turn means the duration is halved, not removed entirely. Similarly, 200% increased stun recovery means 1/3 stun duration, and so on. You can't reach a point where the stuns have no duration.

ahh ok that makes complete sense, i feel stupid now.

hmm, just annoying how their is a negative side effect to a positive action.
ign = ultrahiangle
Is ghost reaver life leech per second based on max life or max energy shield?
ign = ultrahiangle
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
hmm, just annoying how their is a negative side effect to a positive action.
If you're referring to block, then there isn't. You only get stunned when blocking if the hit would have stunned you anyway, otherwise you get a block which has no animation or interruption and just prevents damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info