Mechanics thread

"
mrpetrov wrote:
Elemental Reflect: I cant find the answer anywhere else, so if someone could help me out, or point me in the right direction that'd be much appreciated.

If I hit an ele reflect mob with lightning damage, does it reflect lightning damage at me, or physical damage (or something else entirely)?

Thanks,
Petrov.

Reflects Lightning damage back if you attack it with Lightning damage. It is also able to be resisted using your resists.

So if you are on an ele reflect map of 20%, and you do 1000 damage to a mob, and you have 75% resists you will reflect back to you 200 damage, which 75% is resisted taking only 50 damage.

Same works for Physical damage reflect. Its effected by YOUR armor (not evasion).
Thanks very much DDT, much appreciated. I guess the benefits of doing a single element in damage is that you can carry around a resist flask of your choice to deal with elemental reflect. Not foolproof of course!

Petrov.
Does iron grip effect lightning strike? Does point blank effect lightning strike?

I know the lightning portion is a projectile, but i feel like this may be a unique case.
ign = ultrahiangle
LS will work with iron grip, but I don't think it adds enough actual damage to be worth it most of the time. In most strength builds the projectiles account for less than 40% of the total damage in one swing, and that's if they all hit. You're using up a support link to add 100% IPD (if you have 500 str for instance), but it only applies to the 40% of your damage that might not even hit? Just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I try to focus on supports that buff both the primary melee and the projectiles. There are enough to choose from. I will admit, though, that in certain niche cases buffing the projectiles heavily can be worth it. For instance, if you're using chain and you have 400 str, and you assume 60% of your projectiles initially miss, iron grip represents a 20% overall DPS boost. Pretty decent.

Here's a calculator I made for analyzing LS against various supports a while back.

As far as point blank, I'm fairly certain that actually only works with ranged weapons not all ranged attacks. Someone else might correct me, though.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
LS will work with iron grip, but I don't think it adds enough actual damage to be worth it most of the time. In most strength builds the projectiles account for less than 40% of the total damage in one swing, and that's if they all hit. You're using up a support link to add 100% IPD (if you have 500 str for instance), but it only applies to the 40% of your damage that might not even hit? Just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I try to focus on supports that buff both the primary melee and the projectiles. There are enough to choose from. I will admit, though, that in certain niche cases buffing the projectiles heavily can be worth it. For instance, if you're using chain and you have 400 str, and you assume 60% of your projectiles initially miss, iron grip represents a 20% overall DPS boost. Pretty decent.

Here's a calculator I made for analyzing LS against various supports a while back.

As far as point blank, I'm fairly certain that actually only works with ranged weapons not all ranged attacks. Someone else might correct me, though.

well i was thinking if you had both iron grip and point blank included in your passive tree.

i believe with a pierce gem and 20% quality lightning strike you would also have 100% pierce. was thinking more along the lines of fork than chain.

and point blank says projectiles, so if iron grip works it would only make sense for point blank too as well.
ign = ultrahiangle
Last edited by ultrahiangle on Dec 3, 2012, 2:38:11 PM
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
well i was thinking if you had both iron grip and point blank included in your passive tree.

i believe with a pierce gem and 20% quality lightning strike you would also have 100% pierce. was thinking more along the lines of fork than chain.

and point blank says projectiles, so if iron grip works it would only make sense for point blank too as well.

100% pierce doesn't work in combination with fork/chain. it is either piercing or either of the two multi hit supports.

fantastic thinking on reaching 100% pierce though.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Dec 3, 2012, 6:03:53 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
ultrahiangle wrote:

100% pierce doesn't work in combination with fork/chain. it is either piercing or either of the two multi hit supports.

fantastic thinking on reaching 100% pierce though.

are you saying that the fork wouldn't work, or that the forked projectiles wouldn't pierce?
ign = ultrahiangle
If you have 100% pierce, fork and chain will never trigger. Pierce has higher priority.
"
0nin wrote:
If you have 100% pierce, fork and chain will never trigger. Pierce has higher priority.

ic, i guess it would be pretty broken to have 100% pierce with fork, lol.

on a side note, only the elemental curses can give negative resists, and not penetration supports? Is the penetration support taken into account before the curse resist reduction?

id also still like to know how point blank interacts with lightning strike.
ign = ultrahiangle
Last edited by ultrahiangle on Dec 3, 2012, 6:32:35 PM
two curses plus a penetration plus elemental equilibrium, all add up to generate negative stat.
lv 16 curses are -45% each, lv 16 penetration support is 40%, elemental equilibrium is -25% or -50%. so -180%

sorry only the devs have an answer for how point blank works with lightning strike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info