Mechanics thread

"
ezrast wrote:

Weapon-based physical damage passives only work with the physical damage on your weapon, not from other sources. I believe this is intended, although it is inconsistent with how elemental damage works.

Local attack speed mods act on the base speed of your weapon, which is multiplied by any other sources of AS to come up with your attack speed. 1.05 * 1.36 ~= 1.43.

Thanks for the answer. just seems a bit weird considering that there is more and higher mods for elemental damage + auras.
"
Alros wrote:
I cannot answer your first question, but I can tell you righteous fire stops working once you hit 1 HP. So it doesn't work with CI. Inner Force will increase the burning damage to yourself and others (don't know about the dmg bonus)

Inner Force increases burning damage only on the user. Ennemies aren't affected.
Woops, yeah. Don't know what I thought there.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
Ok, thanks for answers
Last edited by Aca29 on Nov 30, 2012, 7:13:05 AM
I've been googling for a long time about this, and I'm not very good at finding an answer.

The damage algorithm, damage that you receive from monsters. Does it scale based on their level versus yours, and if so, what is it?
no damage does not scale by level.
every monster has a specific damage range and you have armor you already understand however estimated via the status window, even if that listed percent is based on same level mob.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Nov 30, 2012, 11:16:54 PM
"
iao wrote:
I'm currently remaking my dual wand frenzy ranger build and I came across a question I can't answer.

When it comes to Point Blank with Chain/Fork, how exactly is the damage from the projectile bouncing off its initial target and hitting another calculated?

It simply isn't clear to me, as I can see numerous semantically correct ways that this combination's mechanics can work.

No one knows?
same name in-game
answer about fork and chaining interaction with point blank has been answered on thier respective threads. the new origin happens at beginning of the fork or at each chain. recalculating distance from there. it might be changed though.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the answer, but full calculation still isn't clear to me.

Does the damage take the previous hit as its base (meaning, the resulting number with the Point Blank modification already applied) and then add another Point Blank modification to it for the next hit?

I doubt it, but I just started using Point Blank with Chain and sometimes notice enemies of the same type die from the last bounces before those hit by the first, or at least take more damage. I'll test this out further.
same name in-game
Elemental Reflect: I cant find the answer anywhere else, so if someone could help me out, or point me in the right direction that'd be much appreciated.

If I hit an ele reflect mob with lightning damage, does it reflect lightning damage at me, or physical damage (or something else entirely)?

Thanks,
Petrov.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info