[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

Sorry guys, I've been away. I'll answer people again now.

"
dxEmpathyxb wrote:
Hey Oos, because we got Tempest Blast, do we have the chance to shock enemies or do we actually need "lightning damage" on a piece of equipment? =]

Yes, Tempest Blast adds 30% physical damage as lightning, if you check your sheet tooltip we have very high lightning damage and that will shock on every crit.

"
Carlovski wrote:

Finally got my 6l!

Not sure on my best links atm though. I've stopped at BBGGGR as getting low on chromes, so have to have WED in there. Basically not sure whether to put in pierce, and spec out of the pierce nodes or put faster attacks back in. I've had to take out crit damage because of the colours.

Grats man.
As for 6L gems, my preference is in the first page but as you're on Torment you can play around with different setups and see what you prefer.
The rest of your gear is really nice, going to be hard to get small upgrades now.

"
Aurious wrote:
First char on bloodlines ! Just hit 70 today

^^all my current gear..what can i replace? Don't have much currency but all is self found so far

Hey there.

Wand is alright for now, it's a little slow but at least it has crit and enough dps to clear lower maps.

Helmet is ok but lacks an accuracy roll. You want a helmet similar to that but higher evasion + 300 accuracy.

Shield can be replaced for cheap, look for high evasion and HP.

Boots are ok but lack movement speed. Move speed will help you kite and clear faster, it generally makes the build play a lot smoother.

Gloves are ok for now.

Belt is ok for now, can later be replaced with Rustic Sash with life and weapon ele roll.

Chest is bad. You should invest in a 5L straight away, high evasion based. This will help you a lot.

Jewelry lacks any real dps, and low life on rings. Goos jewlery is expensive so don't worry too much about offense on these slots yet. Get life/resistance rings then invest in better dps jewelry when you have currency.

So, first off, get a 5L chest for your main Kinetic Blast.
Then make sure your defensive gear slots are good (helm, belt, shield).
Then you can focus on min-maxing your dps affixes on gloves, rings, amulet.

"
Glowerss wrote:
So, I was mucking about with some Alterations today, and hit Flaring + Prestidigitation on one of my alts. I yolo Regal'd and manage to hit this:

With multimod and a bit of persistence, it should come to around 230ish? pdps. RNGesus, it seems, wants me to make a wander.

My question is this; Given that I'm on Standard while waiting for act 4 (GGG PLZ!), do you reckon a Voll's Protector would work, or is that a bit too yolo even for softcore? It would give me an effective 7link for this build.

I've got one of those laying around from one of my Cast on Crit builds, and the colours aren't too bad for KB. I'd guess use KB- WED - GMP- Crit Multi - PPAD - 6th. I could also potentially drop crit multi for phys to lightning for phys reflect, and WED for lifeleech on ele reflect.

The other question would be, if I was to use that Voll's, do you think FA or Pierce is the better option for clearing maps? Obviously FA wins on a single target.

Ye nice wand man, multimod crit and high phys%, you wont need to replace that.

Voll's is a great chest, I just worry about your mana leech. You'll maybe wand to get some extra mana nodes and some rolls on gear. You want to be able to leech back mana at a fast enough rate. Wanding is expensive on the mana but it's usually not too hard to get enough leech. You can make it work though.

As for 6L gems, Faster Attacks vs Pierce is something you'll have to test yourself. I didn't use Pierce until level 90 but after that I realised I was missing out before, it really adds a lot to your clear speed. But FA is great for that too. FA + Pierce nodes is a strong option too.
IGN: @Oos
just started mapping with this build... level 65...not sure what i need to upgrade next kinda out of money... i know i need to reroll weapon ele on my belt and could probably spam chaos on my chest for a few better rolls but anyone else know what else i should work on...im on torment
"
etem65 wrote:
just started mapping with this build... level 65...not sure what i need to upgrade next kinda out of money... i know i need to reroll weapon ele on my belt and could probably spam chaos on my chest for a few better rolls but anyone else know what else i should work on...im on torment

Well you must be stomping through content at lvl 65 with that gear!
One thing you might struggle with though as you hit higher maps is hit chance - you haven't got any accuracy on gear, and I imagine you haven't taken many/any accuracy nodes yet.
"
Oosband wrote:
Sorry guys, I've been away. I'll answer people again now.

"
Carlovski wrote:

Finally got my 6l!

Not sure on my best links atm though. I've stopped at BBGGGR as getting low on chromes, so have to have WED in there. Basically not sure whether to put in pierce, and spec out of the pierce nodes or put faster attacks back in. I've had to take out crit damage because of the colours.

Grats man.
As for 6L gems, my preference is in the first page but as you're on Torment you can play around with different setups and see what you prefer.
The rest of your gear is really nice, going to be hard to get small upgrades now.

Yeah, after much fiddling, I'm pretty much back to your original links! Clear speed, manoeuvrability and more safety from reflect > sheet dps.

Have hit a gearing wall, unless I get very lucky I'm not going to be able to improve the wand. Gloves I can work on maybe and the shield, but that's about it. Once I get last few skill points though, and 20/20 my gems it should be good enough anyway though.
"

Well you must be stomping through content at lvl 65 with that gear!
One thing you might struggle with though as you hit higher maps is hit chance - you haven't got any accuracy on gear, and I imagine you haven't taken many/any accuracy nodes yet.

yea ill probably eventually have to swap out rats nest to get some accuracy if it becomes an issue...or a ring or something...usually only played casters so never really even thought about accuracy...actually kinda forgot it all together when putting this gear together
"
etem65 wrote:

Damn dude, you gear is crazy for your level.
Other than rerolling WED on belt and putting another res on shield, there's not much I can suggest.

You will have some accuracy issues later, so try to work some accuracy on gear and tree.
Last edited by Oos on Mar 7, 2015, 1:45:17 PM
Nice guide. I actually had forgotten Kinetic Blast even existed until I saw this on BOTW. It was what has made Torment bearable for me while I try and wrap up 6 challenges. It has been a lot of fun.

I more or less follow the same setup you have here, with a few minor variations. The only issue I am having with the build so far is that solo big HP bosses that I can't kite to walls really kick my ass. They take forever to take down. It might be due to the weakness of my wand. I can't seem to manage bouncing them off frost wall too well either.

I might invest in a weapon swap with a more focused single target to assist in it. Good guide though, lots of fun. 88 at the moment, and probably will keep going until I get bored around 92(It always happens around 92, so grindy after that.)

Including my gear also.

Spoiler
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Nice guide. I actually had forgotten Kinetic Blast even existed until I saw this on BOTW. It was what has made Torment bearable for me while I try and wrap up 6 challenges. It has been a lot of fun.

I more or less follow the same setup you have here, with a few minor variations. The only issue I am having with the build so far is that solo big HP bosses that I can't kite to walls really kick my ass. They take forever to take down. It might be due to the weakness of my wand. I can't seem to manage bouncing them off frost wall too well either.

I might invest in a weapon swap with a more focused single target to assist in it. Good guide though, lots of fun. 88 at the moment, and probably will keep going until I get bored around 92(It always happens around 92, so grindy after that.)

Including my gear also.

Spoiler

Hi Clive.
Yeah looks like you're mostly bottlenecked from your wand at this point. In higher maps your single target will be lacking. Accuracy on helm will help a little too. The rest of your gear is really nice though.

As for weapon swap, could be a good option but you would probably spent as much currency on that as getting a new wand.

Good luck on completing the challenges.
Hit 76 today! Found a few new pieces..i have roughly 1exalted saved up for a belly! clearing 66-70 maps with ease so far! Is the wand much better? I feel like i can do maps up to 73 but i feel like my dps pieces are lacking.

Is this build very viable for a new league? I'm thinking of leveling with EK and Bear trap till around 60+ and then starting to work on crafting a wand / seeing if people have started trading them by then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info