[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

In total - with all the 5 links yeah, but as I sold them as I went, not too bad. The actual 6l linked in about 30 fusings, but ate ~400 jewellers to socket.
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
I socketed and linked it myself. Actually done about 6 of them now, trying to get a 6 link, selling them when I can each time (I see you messaged me about one!) Been pretty lucky on them, apart from the no 6 link, only one took loads of jewellers (at least 400) but they all linked pretty quick.

That ring was handed down for another char, mainly to fill in the needed mana leach. Really need one with phys damage and better resists and life, but that gets pricey! The magic find is nice though.

Finally got my 6l!

Not sure on my best links atm though. I've stopped at BBGGGR as getting low on chromes, so have to have WED in there. Basically not sure whether to put in pierce, and spec out of the pierce nodes or put faster attacks back in. I've had to take out crit damage because of the colours.

Do you have a problem with reflect with WED? I personally love Pierce over WED since the KB procs more often in groups.
As I said, my links are partially due to the colours I have!
WED can be an issue, both mana and reflect wise (Though only a huge issue in ele weakness or -max maps). I'm thinking I might try dropping it and using pierce - dps drop but can make up with the saved points.
One thing that is a real killer on this build is any enfeeble maps - double whammy of reduced accuracy and damage makes it really painful and on top of that, you end up going OOM all the time.

I'm currently running hatred, HOI and HoA and manually cursing with poachers/assasins mark.
Considering dropping hatred though and putting HoT back in, less damage but more unreserved mana, plus the utility of the lightning bolts.

I've re-jigged my gear a little and my skills - finally managed to balance my resistances to be able to equip atziris step. No life on my rings now though. Could replace vortex finger - but I like the IIR, and a straight upgrade will cost a fortune.

Slightly messed up with the shield, thought I could craft %eva on it, so would like to upgrade that.
Main thing to upgrade next would obviously be the wand, but any upgrade is looking insanely expensive - everything seems to either be not much better than mine, or GG and > 30ex.

And before anyone mentions it - yes I still need to sort out the WED roll on my belt!
"
Carlovski wrote:
As I said, my links are partially due to the colours I have!
WED can be an issue, both mana and reflect wise (Though only a huge issue in ele weakness or -max maps). I'm thinking I might try dropping it and using pierce - dps drop but can make up with the saved points.
One thing that is a real killer on this build is any enfeeble maps - double whammy of reduced accuracy and damage makes it really painful and on top of that, you end up going OOM all the time.

I'm currently running hatred, HOI and HoA and manually cursing with poachers/assasins mark.
Considering dropping hatred though and putting HoT back in, less damage but more unreserved mana, plus the utility of the lightning bolts.

I've re-jigged my gear a little and my skills - finally managed to balance my resistances to be able to equip atziris step. No life on my rings now though. Could replace vortex finger - but I like the IIR, and a straight upgrade will cost a fortune.

Slightly messed up with the shield, thought I could craft %eva on it, so would like to upgrade that.
Main thing to upgrade next would obviously be the wand, but any upgrade is looking insanely expensive - everything seems to either be not much better than mine, or GG and > 30ex.

And before anyone mentions it - yes I still need to sort out the WED roll on my belt!
IMO the 1% mana leech on gloves is a waste - you already have 2% on a ring. Remove and put 2% life leech on them. You can put another resist on shield for a few alcs. Scour+craft your belt until you get a decent WED roll - 10% is far on the low scale.
Very cheap changes that can make a difference.
The mana leech was so I could swap out that ring. But I don't really need more life leech - got 3% on armour and another 2 on the tree. As I said - I know I need to re-craft the belt, don't currently have tora lvl 7 though, need to wait for a mate to do it (Or am almost at lvl 7 now).
I'll probably replace those gloves at some point too - they aren't great.
I put strength on the shield for a little more life, and to help with gearing, again I may remove for the resist if I need, and am looking for a new shield anyway.
First char on bloodlines ! Just hit 70 today

^^all my current gear..what can i replace? Don't have much currency but all is self found so far
^^ why haven't you got more sockets and links on your chest??

So, I was mucking about with some Alterations today, and hit Flaring + Prestidigitation on one of my alts. I yolo Regal'd and manage to hit this:

With multimod and a bit of persistence, it should come to around 230ish? pdps. RNGesus, it seems, wants me to make a wander.

My question is this; Given that I'm on Standard while waiting for act 4 (GGG PLZ!), do you reckon a Voll's Protector would work, or is that a bit too yolo even for softcore? It would give me an effective 7link for this build.

I've got one of those laying around from one of my Cast on Crit builds, and the colours aren't too bad for KB. I'd guess use KB- WED - GMP- Crit Multi - PPAD - 6th. I could also potentially drop crit multi for phys to lightning for phys reflect, and WED for lifeleech on ele reflect.

The other question would be, if I was to use that Voll's, do you think FA or Pierce is the better option for clearing maps? Obviously FA wins on a single target.
Last edited by Glowerss on Mar 6, 2015, 2:20:50 PM
Okay, this Build was fun indeed. I leveled my third toon with this build to 85 but now I switch back to my tornadoshot Ranger. ^^

So I hope you dont mind if I just inform you people about stuff I don't need anymore. If you want it: PN me or add me ingame and make a fair offer.

See you on the fields ...
"
Glowerss wrote:
So, I was mucking about with some Alterations today, and hit Flaring + Prestidigitation on one of my alts. I yolo Regal'd and manage to hit this:

With multimod and a bit of persistence, it should come to around 230ish? pdps. RNGesus, it seems, wants me to make a wander.

My question is this; Given that I'm on Standard while waiting for act 4 (GGG PLZ!), do you reckon a Voll's Protector would work, or is that a bit too yolo even for softcore? It would give me an effective 7link for this build.

I've got one of those laying around from one of my Cast on Crit builds, and the colours aren't too bad for KB. I'd guess use KB- WED - GMP- Crit Multi - PPAD - 6th. I could also potentially drop crit multi for phys to lightning for phys reflect, and WED for lifeleech on ele reflect.

The other question would be, if I was to use that Voll's, do you think FA or Pierce is the better option for clearing maps? Obviously FA wins on a single target.

I'd be really against using the 6L Volls just because it halves your mana pool. With EB, my unreserved mana is only ~225 and it'd be considerable lower if I got rid of it. You'd have to get items with +mana and that seems like a waste of a prefix IMO. Also, the chest lacks crucial stats (hp, resist, energy shield you don't need). If you were going to go through with it, KB, GMP, Crit multi, PPAD, Pierce for sure. Pierce will penetrate groups and each connect will cause a KB to go off. As for your 6th gem, Phys to Lightning seems like a waste. As for WED, you'll have to be careful for elemental reflect moreso than if you didn't have it.

For your final question, I like pierce for a gem slot because it frees up 4-5 skill points. If you were going to run WED, I would probably see if KB, WED, GMP, Crit Multi, WED, and LL to sustain the kickback from reflect. I personally won't test this because I'm not curious about that particular setup. Good luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info