Until melee is fixed, a lot of people will not comeback.

"
goetzjam wrote:
Just sheading some light on the situation, people make assumptions and might now have the facts to know GGG does have the resources in place to make it so gems have a different value in PvP from PvE.

Shed some light on this.
They can't specifically address the synergy with facebreakers using those equations.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
"
"
goetzjam wrote:
Just sheading some light on the situation, people make assumptions and might now have the facts to know GGG does have the resources in place to make it so gems have a different value in PvP from PvE.

Shed some light on this.
They can't specifically address the synergy with facebreakers using those equations.

How can they not its a very specific weapon(unarmed) its a matter of coding it. if ___ then __ then ___ granted not as simple as that, but its technically possible, to say it isnt is asinine.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Perhaps you have difficulty reading.

"

The equations you so heroically linked earlier.

The entire point of this subforum is Feedback. Feedback with the goal of (hopefully) elegant solutions to perceived problems, you seem to be trying very hard to ignore the reality of the situation.
"
Perhaps you have difficulty reading.

"

The equations you so heroically linked earlier.

The entire point of this subforum is Feedback. Feedback with the goal of (hopefully) elegant solutions to perceived problems, you seem to be trying very hard to ignore the reality of the situation.

The reality of the situation is that they didn't want it to work with facebreakers, the thought that they removed it purely because it was OP in PvP is not correct thinking, because they have proven in the past they can change those values.

If you think they can't make skill gems work differently with certain uniques then you must not understand the basic principles of programming.

FeelsBadMan

I think they can, and agree with your suggestion.

My feedback is that they took the lazy way out (and they know it), and the game is poorer for it.

So if PvP wasn't the problem, would you care to educate me on how it was problematic in PvE?
"
I think they can, and agree with your suggestion.

My feedback is that they took the lazy way out (and they know it), and the game is poorer for it.

So if PvP wasn't the problem, would you care to educate me on how it was problematic in PvE?

I can t imagine it was a PVE problem, look at those discharges builds using CWDT. They also stand in middle of groups, doing nothing then nuking the whole screen with 2M dps.

Vengeance was similar, just doing about 10-20k max but had also a 30% to activate when hit.

If you accept CWDT discharge can one-shot full screen doing pretty much nothing, why suddenly doing 20k dps on a little area (FB can t have too big AOE) is not in pve?

Seems to me totally a PVP nerf.

GGG could had raised the level of gem at 30+. But nope it is better to just cancel it s use instead.

Meanwhile, tornado shot still can clear full screens doing 30+k with a simple Death's Harp.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jan 27, 2015, 5:42:44 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
GGG could had raised the level of gem at 30+. But nope it is better to just cancel it s use instead.

An even lazier solution!

Yet one far more simple, elegant, and effective.
Buff melee armor survivability at higher levels.

Armor does nothing at 71+ maps even melee is better off with a lightning coil.

The clear times they face aren't fair for how squishy they are. Maybe give duelists and marauders 78% max resistances and cap + max resistance out at 95% so you won't get people reaching very close to 100% as is the case with FB builds atm.

I would also like to see a removal of call of the immortal it's just simply to much of a life saver for ranged and a bit meh on melee. I don't think ranged characters need this skill nor melee characters. If you take a huge physical hit you need to suffer the consequences.

"
The clear times they face aren't fair for how squishy they are. Maybe give duelists and marauders 78% max resistances and cap + max resistance out at 95% so you won't get people reaching very close to 100% as is the case with FB builds atm.

Watch videos of cleartime they are almost as good as ranged are, in addition they tried increasing the max res of duelist\maraders before, but the problem was other characters just started as those classes because it was too good.

"
I would also like to see a removal of call of the immortal it's just simply to much of a life saver for ranged and a bit meh on melee. I don't think ranged characters need this skill nor melee characters. If you take a huge physical hit you need to suffer the consequences.

IC works the same way for ranged as it does for melee.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:

Watch videos of cleartime they are almost as good as ranged are, in addition they tried increasing the max res of duelist\maraders before, but the problem was other characters just started as those classes because it was too good.

Hahahahahahaha

No.

I agree his solutions won't fix anything though. He might be on to something with the max resist thing but the IC change will solve nothing. And the max resist thing would have to be accessible to all characters and still wouldn't help with physical damage.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 31, 2015, 11:32:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info