[2.0] The Original Chaos/Physical 2H-Axe BM Cyclone | All mapmods | MF-able | AoE Focus |

"
alexvsevil wrote:
Did some research into jewel affixes (bored and still about 20ex from HH)

what do you think is ideal @crackmonster?

Crimson Jewel

Prefixes:
7% Life
16% Physical Damage
16% Physical Damage with Axes
14% Physical Damage with Two Handed Weapons
8% Attack Speed with Axes

Suffixes:
12% Melee Damage
12% Area Damage
5% Attack Speed

those are a list of the more relevant possible rolls, and we can get 2 of each in a perfect world...

I was thinking probably 7% Life and 8% Attack Speed as prefixes with 12% Area and 5% Attack Speed as suffixes. Or possibly some Chaos Resist for people who are using rare helm/headhunter instead of Devoto's. But with two perfect Ming's that's 126% Chaos resist which is only 9% off of capped so it wouldn't even necessarily need a perfect chaos roll (afaik nothing reduces your chaos res? or am i wrong?)

7% life and whatever u wont from list. U dont need cha res with 2 mings. Tooltip dps for this build is last thing to look at. Im soloing 77s-78s MF version without any problem with 15k dps. With 500 kaoms and 2x 7% life jewels have 8k life and thats key.
Hi, very nice looking build there. But for poorer people that can't pay the insane amount of exalted needed for that axe, is that build viable with Kaom's Legacy ? What kind of dps would that weapon gives with that tree? I'm mainly looking for a mf build without having to play lame builds with totems, caster builds etc.. Thx!
"
NambrVan wrote:
"
alexvsevil wrote:
Did some research into jewel affixes (bored and still about 20ex from HH)

what do you think is ideal @crackmonster?

Crimson Jewel

Prefixes:
7% Life
16% Physical Damage
16% Physical Damage with Axes
14% Physical Damage with Two Handed Weapons
8% Attack Speed with Axes

Suffixes:
12% Melee Damage
12% Area Damage
5% Attack Speed

those are a list of the more relevant possible rolls, and we can get 2 of each in a perfect world...

I was thinking probably 7% Life and 8% Attack Speed as prefixes with 12% Area and 5% Attack Speed as suffixes. Or possibly some Chaos Resist for people who are using rare helm/headhunter instead of Devoto's. But with two perfect Ming's that's 126% Chaos resist which is only 9% off of capped so it wouldn't even necessarily need a perfect chaos roll (afaik nothing reduces your chaos res? or am i wrong?)

7% life and whatever u wont from list. U dont need cha res with 2 mings. Tooltip dps for this build is last thing to look at. Im soloing 77s-78s MF version without any problem with 15k dps. With 500 kaoms and 2x 7% life jewels have 8k life and thats key.

yes i dont care about tooltip, im talking about effective damage. like i'm not sure if we get more out of a 16% damage and two attack speed rolls, or just like 16% physical 12% melee and 12% area. this is only for truly end game gg min-maxing jewels to get the most effective dmg. ive heard we shouldnt actually bother w/ attack speed in a cyclone build because if you hold your pointer underneath yourself it makes you attack faster. but also i believe that if you build attack speed you hit more often which leads to more leech/stun chance and other relevant things.

from what i understand there are no real diminishing returns from damage mods, like going from 200% increased physical damage to 212% increased physical damage is exactly the same as going from 12% area damage to 24% area damage, but im not sure.
Has anyone tried this build with uber yet?
nah but i did do regular atziri for the first time last night...didnt even have ruby/topaz flask cuz too lazy, and steamrolled everything. died a few times only on atziri, probably could do deathless if i wasn't too lazy to find a ruby flask.
Alright so I was getting a bit burnt out farming since my next upgrades are Legacy Kaom's Heart (220ex) and Headhunter (130ex) so I figured I'd try some new gear and hopefully speed up my currency per day. I couldn't afford life/tri res/iir/iiq rares like in OP's section, but I realized it doesn't really matter because Cyclone is so beast anyway, we can actually sacrifice some damage/life.

Chest: 4ex (you can probably get it cheaper if it's unlinked)
Amulet: 10ex (Probably overpriced, but I needed the res)
Gold Ring: 5ex (there were a lot of nice rings in the 5-10ex range when I looked)

I have about 90% IIQ and 180% IIR with these + 20/20 gems.

While I took a large hit to life by switching from Kaom's to Greed's, it isn't so bad since you also remove both Ming's and gain some life back, and the tree is inherently tanky anyway so I still have over 5.5k life.

When it comes to getting MF stats, you have to consider your own gear + jewels. Jewels can REALLY make things easier, and in fact, you can sacrifice a lot of res on gear and cover them with jewels (I plan to when I'm not so lazy to look thru poe.trade.)

A well rolled Ventor's can have 40+ to all resistances, which makes up for the -resist on Greed's Embrace and then some.

Getting an IIQ/IIR ring with 30% cold resist might allow you to drop tri res boots and get dual res boots with IIR/IIQ. ETC.

As for damage, tooltip went from 19k unbuffed to 13k, but I am still destroying everything. Why? Because Cyclone, that's why.
Last edited by alexvsevil on Aug 12, 2015, 9:41:42 PM
r u soloing or party runs alex?

Im running solo 77s-78s (old packs, just alch them dont care bout mods) only with iir/iiq gems and
. Thats 121/45 with 15k tooltip and 8k life. More then enough MF. Can u solo rare 77-78s with that gear?
I play solo. And 77/78 would have to drop before I could tell you ;)

but the truth is, it's probably more efficient to just run lower level maps anyway. if you don't care about exp (which I don't because lv93 means it takes forever to level esp when a lag spike gets u killed and sets you back 3 hours)

as far as farming efficiently, I have twice as much quantity and 33% more rarity which I think is pretty substantial (yours might be 'enough' but mine is 'more' muahahaha), and when you consider that most currency comes from literal currency drops as opposed to items with the highest ilvl actually being sellable, (and chaos recipe - main reason i got more quantity and rarity is for more amulets which were gating my CR per day) then idk i think it's better to just crush lower level maps. there might be some math where you could argue that selling leveled gems is easier when you do high maps for more exp, but again, those high maps have top actually drop...and that's not the case for a majority of people right now in 2.0 :p
Last edited by alexvsevil on Aug 12, 2015, 9:52:59 PM
agree ... how much life and dps u have with that mf gear?
"
NambrVan wrote:
agree ... how much life and dps u have with that mf gear?

5,973 life and 12,920 tooltip

Last edited by alexvsevil on Aug 13, 2015, 1:06:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info