[2.0] The Original Chaos/Physical 2H-Axe BM Cyclone | All mapmods | MF-able | AoE Focus |

"
Crixus8000 wrote:
Ty for the info man! I didn't know you could do that while trapped. And yeah I was stupid and didn't leech I tried to just avoid her powers but it just made it worse.

I just bought a kaoms now though and jumped up from 6.6k hp to 7.5k :D next i will get x2 mings then i should be wrecking things even more.

Sounds good. Wreck on!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Hey man first of all thank you so much making a building thats satisfying. It's so difficult to find builds that aren't ranged or magic focused.

I was wondering if you had general tip on which way to go on your passive tree after rushing blood magic. Do you go north towards increased AoE or over to mast of the arena and complete thing there? Just trying to get a rough direction of where to go first as its pretty spread out.

Again, thank you a ton for taking the time out to make the guide.
I would go over to master of the arena i think, some really strong nodes are there and i love area.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Cool guide, interested in trying it out!
Last edited by matt3o on Aug 4, 2015, 10:23:23 PM
I dont get why u specced into BM lol... U lose opportunity for auras which
are a huge DPS boost...
It is overall better, that's why. Try doing a complete build with gems and passives, then see how much life you lose.

You'd lose a lot of life for a suprisingly little dps gain and a lot of life lost, plus bm is perfect with cyclone - spamming it near u triggering as many "mana" costs as possible.

Also allows you to handle more mods.

Ultimately, survival > dps, that's what it is all about.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 5, 2015, 4:50:26 AM
What's the min Intelligence this build needs?
I still like the build but I wish blood rage had not been changed.

I am having problems with phys reflect now which I didn't have before. Any idea why?

Other than that, I would say in all honesty that this build has probably weathered 2.0 better than anything else that I use.
Censored.
"
Tommy4798 wrote:
I dont get why u specced into BM lol... U lose opportunity for auras which
are a huge DPS boost...

tldr: blood magic simplifies things and adds a lot of stats at the cost of negligible amount of tooltip dps that we simply don't need because we are already wrecking things with juts physical+chaos.

long version;

blood magic gives us a lot of life nodes that require the keystone first

it simplifies the gear and tree process. no -mana cost to get, no blood magic gem reducing the effectiveness of cyclone in a 6l, no need for reduced mana reserved or whatever.

running auras does not increase our effective dps that much honestly, because we stack physical damage and have a lot of sources that add chaos damage based on phys, we are better off investing in phys damage. i tried equipping 20/20 auras to test the dps gain and it was NOT substantial enough to be worth it.

running auras complicates what maps we can run.
blood magic mod = can't run those auras because they get reserved to life.
elemental reflect mod = now we deal damage to ourselves with this mod.

now one thing to keep in mind is this is a build that is supposed to be able to faceroll, it is supposed to make content feel pretty easy at a certain level of gear and not require a lot of maintenance. my favorite thing about this build is that i can load the game and jump into a map. i don't have to assign auras to my hotkeys or recast them if i die, i don't have to constantly spam potions because im running around with 4k health getting chunked by everything, i am able to run item quantity+item rarity so basically get away with a 4l disfavour, which would not be possible if i used blood magic gem as well and only had a 3L for dps.

also of note is, if you use your own auras, you don't get double aura in party. if you don't use auras, suddenly when you join a group you are getting hatred, hoa, etc whatever for free.

as for physical reflect, use physical to lightning gem (and if your leech/life pool isn't high enough to faceroll, use LGOH too.)

only for phys reflect maps.

single mobs with phys reflect arent a threat.

or just dont run phys reflect maps (usually how i handle it cuz im lazy)
well instead of blood magic you could invest the 4 points into iron reflexes and run grace + determination (~15k base armour without granite).

if you use alphas howl + enlighten lvl 4 (= 82% mana reserved ==> 90 mana unreserved with 500 base mana. this is probably for late game only whenr base mana is high from levels) you are able to run cyclone on mana, if your jewels have mana leech and a bit mana gain on hit.

however the downside is 35% reduced life, and if you miss your cyclone and don't hit anything you are out of mana (this can by helped by vengeance + mana leech or leap slam + mana leech + blood magic + faster attacks). also alphas howl lacks life and only has a bit of cold resistance

edit: you could also add corrupted ming's hearts with 3% of damage taken gained as mana

edit 2:
i used this while leveling for while and it does work (although i had invested into 1% mana leech from the passive as i only have 1 jewel with life + mana leech and 1 jewel with +2 mana gain on hit + life at the moment (well i have more but those are used on my mjölner char)). it is quite doable.

edit 3:
mana leech is not even necessary on vengeance or leap slam 0.2% mana leech on a jewel is enough**.to gain all mana back if you hit an enemy once. the only problem is mana leech rate, i.e. you probably want a few mana gain on hit jewels to make it more smooth. i had problem when i use very short cyclones and miss an enemy there are short periods of waiting time for the mana to leech (500 base mana -> 20% max leech rate = 100mana/sec. if you deal 2k dmg per hit with your cyclone you need

**edit 4:
i have to correct myself here you probably need 2-4 jewels to have a good mana sustain for cyclone for a total of 0.8-1% mana leech. of course this all depends on how much damage you do, i.e. this is viable in the late game where you base mana is high and dmg is good. i tried with mana leech gem and it is no problem at all (currently lvl 76). a jewel can roll 0.2%-0.4% mana leech, so 4 jewels will be 0.8%-1.6% mana leech which should be plenty enough to sustain cyclone on mana. and if you ever run into a situation where you can't use cyclone, it just enough to use leap slam or any other attack linked to blood magic.
Last edited by tesb on Aug 6, 2015, 12:48:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info