[2.0] The Original Chaos/Physical 2H-Axe BM Cyclone | All mapmods | MF-able | AoE Focus |

"
alexvsevil wrote:
"
Crixus8000 wrote:
Running this build but I might have to give up, it's amazing but just not affordable :( for me at least...

I have 6400 hp and 18k dps(tooltip) so they are decent but i cant run mings heart due to losing res and hp, if i had legacy koams i would not have that issue but i cant afford it and also will never be able to afford headhunter so atm I am as strong as I can get but it doesn't feel enough.

I can't afford legacy Kaom's / Headhunter either and I'm doing just fine.

Post your gear maybe. It could also just be that you're going too ham on everything and not respecting fatal mods. I do that sometimes too. This build CAN faceroll everything, but some things take a different approach than just 'hold right click'. Sometimes it's a bloodlines mob with corrupting blood and the gameplay becaomes 'hold right click and then hit a remove bleed life flask so i don't die'.

I have tried/played a lot of builds in 2.0 and im pretty sure you're going to have a hard time finding anything with the same degree of speed, damage, survivability, and straight up simplicity/ease of gameplay for anywhere near the same cost of where you're currently at. I say stick with it and have faith.

Thanks for fast reply. I am enjoying it and I don't die a lot, only to reflect or some hard bosses.

Here is my gear

My main issues are reflect and phys dmg. I use a grantie flask for phys, but as i lvl armor gets less so i dont think it's enough. And atm i use phys to lightning in a slot to help with reflect.

But till it seems all my issues would be solved if i just had the legacy koams, the hp it gives is just so much that i could consentrate on other things other than hp all the time.

Also any ideas for a 6link setup on belly that might be defensive to make up for the less hp ? I can't think of anything atm :/
Awesome build!

Forgive the noob question, but if I specced 2h sword instead, how bad would I be gimping myself?

Thanks
"
Crixus8000 wrote:
"
alexvsevil wrote:
"
Crixus8000 wrote:
Running this build but I might have to give up, it's amazing but just not affordable :( for me at least...

I have 6400 hp and 18k dps(tooltip) so they are decent but i cant run mings heart due to losing res and hp, if i had legacy koams i would not have that issue but i cant afford it and also will never be able to afford headhunter so atm I am as strong as I can get but it doesn't feel enough.

I can't afford legacy Kaom's / Headhunter either and I'm doing just fine.

Post your gear maybe. It could also just be that you're going too ham on everything and not respecting fatal mods. I do that sometimes too. This build CAN faceroll everything, but some things take a different approach than just 'hold right click'. Sometimes it's a bloodlines mob with corrupting blood and the gameplay becaomes 'hold right click and then hit a remove bleed life flask so i don't die'.

I have tried/played a lot of builds in 2.0 and im pretty sure you're going to have a hard time finding anything with the same degree of speed, damage, survivability, and straight up simplicity/ease of gameplay for anywhere near the same cost of where you're currently at. I say stick with it and have faith.

Thanks for fast reply. I am enjoying it and I don't die a lot, only to reflect or some hard bosses.

Here is my gear

My main issues are reflect and phys dmg. I use a grantie flask for phys, but as i lvl armor gets less so i dont think it's enough. And atm i use phys to lightning in a slot to help with reflect.

But till it seems all my issues would be solved if i just had the legacy koams, the hp it gives is just so much that i could consentrate on other things other than hp all the time.

Also any ideas for a 6link setup on belly that might be defensive to make up for the less hp ? I can't think of anything atm :/

Alright so I can see a lot of upgrades you could go for first, before the expensive legacy kaom and headhunter. You can get amulet, rings, 500hp kaoms to tide you over, doryani's belt for some more damage and leech, and your 5l setup could be better.

i would say drop added fire damage because a) it makes u take ele reflect damage b) your chaos damage scales from physical anyway. so use attack speed instead, to scale your phys/chaos damage and help you drop single targets like map bosses waaay faster.

also drop item rarity for inc aoe, it will give you faster clear, more leech (hit more mobs at once in a big pack) and just generally is a nice quality of life change. rarity doesn't really do jack tbh, quantity is way more powerful but i wouldnt use that unless you have a 6l if you feel like you really need combat stats.

you say your main problems are phys reflect and elemental damage. physical reflect is irrelevant when it spawns on single mobs, and thornflesh was removed, so basically the only issue is maps that have phys reflect on every monster. in that case, reroll or sac the map for chisel recipe, or use physical to lightning and life gain on hit so that you can faceroll everything and not worry about taking dmg from reflect (at least, i can with my stats)

as for physical damage, not much i can do to help u there, i only have 4k armour and don't even bother using self cast enduring cry. i have pretty much the same CWDT setup as you too. i use a granite with +armor during flask effect, that might help you if you don't have that roll. other than that my big range and raw damage means i can kill stuff before it kills me. if you're struggling then its fine to just farm 70-74 maps until you get the amulet and rings, they will absolutely skyrocket your effective dps. before i got them i could drop mobs fast but after i got them i dropped mobs INSTANTLY. and single targets took 3 seconds to kill instead of 7. it's huge.

im getting most of my resists from tree, boots, gloves, belt, and amulet btw. i probably shouldnt run ele weakness maps since i'm not overcapped but i probably do all the time since i only reroll phys reflect (too lazy to gem swap, its possible though)

anyway here is my gear, no legacy or god tier stuff

you can set small goals/upgrades for yourself.

weapon: 40ex for 6l (you don't need this, i use 5l + item quantity so basically we both have 5l)

kaom's heart: 7ex
ming's heart: 1.5-2ex each
daresso's defiance: 6-8ex
gloves and boots: already had, probably a bit pricy though for tri-res and life
doryani's invitation: 30c-1exaltish

total: 30ex tops i'd guess, maybe 20-25 even

edit:

other things to note is gem levels and quality, they will make a big difference so work towards level 20 then use vendor recipe with 1 gcp to reset to level 1 with 20% quality and back up to 20/20.

also you can use vaal haste with inc duration instead of vaal cyclone, pop it for map bosses and they will drop sooo much faster.

vaal cyclone gets me killed more than anything else since i can't cancel it or move during. i linked it to less duration so i have more control and have time to gtfo if things get too gross.
Last edited by alexvsevil on Jul 31, 2015, 7:48:16 PM
The links in my axe arent what im cureently using was just swaping stuff around while leveling certain gems. I normally use faster attacks instead of item rarity :)

I also have this for phys dmg
but im not really sure how armor works in thsi game, if i drop below a certain point will that make a huge difference ?

Atm i have no chaos dmg, i cant run any mings heart due to hp loss and mainly elemental res. I'm struggling to find rares with lots of res and decent life.

Also how much hp do you have if you dont mind me asking ?
Last edited by Crixus8000 on Jul 31, 2015, 7:57:23 PM
with 500hp kaom's, tree, and only life on boots and gloves, plus two ming's, i end up with 6800 ish...which is a lot different than 10,000 ish but it gets the job done ;)

as for armour, basically the bigger the hit, the more armour you need to mitigate it (pretty obvious)

this is why with 4k armour, brutus/kole/oak map bosses hit me for 30% of my life pool when i don't have granite up, but with granite up i barely notice a change in my life since my leech outpaces their damage.
Last edited by alexvsevil on Jul 31, 2015, 8:02:53 PM
"
alexvsevil wrote:
with 500hp kaom's, tree, and only life on boots and gloves, plus two ming's, i end up with 6800 ish...which is a lot different than 10,000 ish but it gets the job done ;)

as for armour, basically the bigger the hit, the more armour you need to mitigate it (pretty obvious)

this is why with 4k armour, brutus/kole/oak map bosses hit me for 30% of my life pool when i don't have granite up, but with granite up i barely notice a change in my life since my leech outpaces their damage.

Wow o.0 I havent got mings atm and have life on all gear and still only have 6400....Shows how crazy powerful kaoms is lol.

Thanks for your advice, i will work on getting a kaoms first then and work on res gear then the rest :)
yeah it's so good because it is not just 500 flat hp (6000 -> 6500) it modifies your base hp which is then increased by your %.

so if your base hp is 1000, and you have +200% life on tree, you end up with 3000. But if your base life is 1500 (which it is with kaom's) that +200% becomes 4500. so 500 life is actually 1500. it works like that. and the way ming's works is not "-30% to total hp" so that 4500 life wouldnt become -1350. it basically just removes -30% of your bonus nodes. so now instead of +200% youd function as if you had +170%. ming's is honestly not as huge of a detriment as it sounds when you have kaom's, because you may gain 1000 life without double ming's, but id rather have 6800 life and "jesus christ, friggin insane" damage than 7800 life and only "eh, pretty bonkers" damage :p
Last edited by alexvsevil on Jul 31, 2015, 8:09:29 PM
"
alexvsevil wrote:
yeah it's so good because it is not just 500 flat hp (6000 -> 6500) it modifies your base hp which is then increased by your %.

so if your base hp is 1000, and you have +200% life on tree, you end up with 3000. But if your base life is 1500 (which it is with kaom's) that +200% becomes 4500. so 500 life is actually 1500. it works like that. and the way ming's works is not "-30% to total hp" so that 4500 life wouldnt become -1350. it basically just removes -30% of your bonus nodes. so now instead of +200% youd function as if you had +170%. ming's is honestly not as huge of a detriment as it sounds when you have kaom's, because you may gain 1000 life without double ming's, but id rather have 6800 life and "jesus christ, friggin insane" damage than 7800 life and only "eh, pretty bonkers" damage :p

Haha good point :D

Gonna take me a while to get kaoms, took me months and months to get the axe but now it seems very worth it :D Only issue is that extra fire dmg on kaoms will bug me, just sitting there not having any affect lol.
"
Crixus8000 wrote:
"
alexvsevil wrote:

Haha good point :D

Gonna take me a while to get kaoms, took me months and months to get the axe but now it seems very worth it :D Only issue is that extra fire dmg on kaoms will bug me, just sitting there not having any affect lol.

think of that mod as saying 'costs less exalts because lower roll and doesn't hurt this build at all' ? :P
Thanks Alex for taking time to answer.. i was probated :D

Meanwhile.. i got some good news. I just lucked out and i got Abaxoth The End of All before, while i was recording!!

So i am uploading that tonight while i sleep. It was on a 76 map with elemental weakness, 23% increased monster damage and additional 82% damage added as lightning.

Can't believe i caught that on "tape". Hah!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info